DLC Discussion Thread: Lynyrd Skynyrd and Oasis

Comments

• So this year they decided not to have theme DLC for the week of Valentine's Day

Uhhhh...it was Pack a Trois with I Will Survive, Want to Want Me, and Don't You (Forget About Me) with a Rivals Challenge themed around heartbreak. It was PRETTY Valentine's themed.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    I already have "Freebird" and I hate Oasis... so nothing for me this week

This is the first week, with new DLC since February that I won't be getting some songs
  • TheStuddz said:

"Where were you when we were getting high?"

The answer was having a good ol' 4/20 Rock Band sesh.

Yeah...this song's release this week ain't a coincidence...it was planned
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    getting Champagne Supernova

does every Oasis song have the same drum beat?
  • Can't listen to the video at work, do RBVR songs have singalongs?
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    tnevaker said:

Talk Tonight has a very original drum beat.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act

Can't listen to the video at work, do RBVR songs have singalongs?

From the gameplay I've seen, nope, not in RBVR proper at least.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited April 18
    I'm sure they didn't start with the "holiday" and pick a song to release. Surely it was more a matter of, "well, we have these 10 songs coming up ... say, wouldn't it be funny ..."

Maybe I am a prude and am misjudging this but I wouldn't put these songs in the top hundred of "420 songs". Now, if it had been something by Snoop, or Phish ...
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited April 18
    If we are going to celebrate 4/20 now would have been a perfect time to get my favorite rap group in RB:

• uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    You can really hear the difference in volume in the preview alone
  • Would a Chainsmokers pack be too on-the-nose for this date?
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Have Free Bird. Nope to Oasis. Having listened to the Pretty Reckless song, unless that chart is banging, probably done w/ DLC for the month.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    Already have free Bird and definitely getting Champagne Supernova.

I've always wondered why both Harmonix and Activision used the alternate guitar solo and altered the ending to Free Bird when mixing. I have heard the original multitrack session and its all intact.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 18
    Both songs should be fun on guitar, so that's a plus (I already know Freebird is fun, but I mean for those who haven't played RB3 and/or have the export). Years ago I'd have been like "f*** yeah Freebird!" but IDK, the studio version has sort of lost it's charm with me over time (There's a live version that I sort of wish they'd have gone with in RB3, seeing how it has a piano solo and everything). With Champaign Supernova, I find the song somewhat repetitive and dull, but fully expect it to be fun on guitar. So I'd probably still grab both songs this week.
  • Yay Champagne Supernova.
    Boo the 28th release of Free Bird. Could've REALLY went for it and had That Smell be the Skynyrd song.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

I'm sure they didn't start with the "holiday" and pick a song to release. Surely it was more a matter of, "well, we have these 10 songs coming up ... say, wouldn't it be funny ..."

Maybe I am a prude and am misjudging this but I wouldn't put these songs in the top hundred of "420 songs". Now, if it had been something by Snoop, or Phish ...

if they licensed songs specifically for the date, we surely would've gotten this:

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    tnevaker said:

getting Champagne Supernova

Their drummer on their first few albums was notoriously basic. The Gallagher bros fired him because they thought he was holding the band back creatively.

He went on to sue the band because they signed a 5 album record deal, but he was fired after 2, which was a breach of contract. He sued for 18 million pounds and yearly dividends, but settled for 600,000, which people say was the dumbest settlement in music history. I think his legal fees were something like half of what he settled for. Supersonic, the Oasis doc that came out last year, goes over it pretty well.
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited April 18

Yay Champagne Supernova.
    Boo the 28th release of Free Bird. Could've REALLY went for it and had That Smell be the Skynyrd song.

You mean the song on Rock Band 4? Would be a good challenge song for 4/20 lol
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

Yay Champagne Supernova.

I can't see them doing a 4/20 challenge. It wouldn't make sense to celebrate 4/20 for an entire week.
  • SKYLAR7SKYLAR7 Unsigned
    I have been waiting for Champagne Supernova to come to Rock Band for a long time so I will definitely be picking it up. I already have Free Bird though.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    "That Smell" isn't a 4/20 song. They aren't singing about the smell of weed. They are singing about the acrid smell of impending death that emanates from a junkie den.
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    4/20 isn't from Bob Marley, though it's popularly associated with him. It actually has an underwhelming backstory from some group.
  • tdc002 said:

Yay Champagne Supernova.

I can't see them doing a 4/20 challenge. It wouldn't make sense to celebrate 4/20 for an entire week.
    You underestimate my power...