DLC Discussion Thread: Lynyrd Skynyrd and Oasis

12357

Comments

  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

    China Cat Sunflower is a very good song pick for calibration testing.

    By the way I had a look at the eligible DLC via the ingame store and here's the list:
    - Jimi Hendrix
    - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    - The Grateful Dead
    - Bob Marley and the Wailers
    - Talking Heads
    - Dave Matthews Band
    - Snoop Dogg
    - Siouxsie and The Banshees
    - Phish
    - Black Sabbath (only Sweet Leaf)
    - Steve Miller Band (only The Joker)
    - Willie Nelson
    - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (only Mary Jane's Last Dance)

    So I guess it's a 4/20 themed challenge then?

    siouxsie and the banshees a jam band? hmmmm.......
  • tnevaker said:

    China Cat Sunflower is a very good song pick for calibration testing.

    By the way I had a look at the eligible DLC via the ingame store and here's the list:
    - Jimi Hendrix
    - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    - The Grateful Dead
    - Bob Marley and the Wailers
    - Talking Heads
    - Dave Matthews Band
    - Snoop Dogg
    - Siouxsie and The Banshees
    - Phish
    - Black Sabbath (only Sweet Leaf)
    - Steve Miller Band (only The Joker)
    - Willie Nelson
    - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (only Mary Jane's Last Dance)

    So I guess it's a 4/20 themed challenge then?

    siouxsie and the banshees a jam band? hmmmm.......
    Go play Peek A Boo.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior

    China Cat Sunflower is a very good song pick for calibration testing.

    By the way I had a look at the eligible DLC via the ingame store and here's the list:
    - Jimi Hendrix
    - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    - The Grateful Dead
    - Bob Marley and the Wailers
    - Talking Heads
    - Dave Matthews Band
    - Snoop Dogg
    - Siouxsie and The Banshees
    - Phish
    - Black Sabbath (only Sweet Leaf)
    - Steve Miller Band (only The Joker)
    - Willie Nelson
    - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (only Mary Jane's Last Dance)

    So I guess it's a 4/20 themed challenge then?

    I'm a big fan of Talking Heads and Siouxsie and I'm not sure why they qualify?
  • cinnfullcinnfull Unsigned
    No "A Passage to Bangkok"? This challenge is invalid.

    "The song's lyrics, written by drummer Neil Peart, are widely interpreted as describing drug tourism, specifically cannabis"
  • cinnfull said:

    No "A Passage to Bangkok"? This challenge is invalid.

    "The song's lyrics, written by drummer Neil Peart, are widely interpreted as describing drug tourism, specifically cannabis"

    You won't find disc songs tallied in the in-game Store page for Challenges! It's there.
  • Double XP through midnight EST
  • twistedoaktwistedoak Unsigned
    HMXOwl said:

    Also, I haven't heard the term straightedge for 20 years. Retro week anyone?

    You must not teach geometry.
    We don't even call them straightedges in geometry, not with geometer's sketchpad and our current technology. You have to get with the times.

    I dunno, you're the one being a prude. ; )
    How old are you @HMXOwl , 12? Prude? That's quite the comeback.

    I've never seen a representative for a company so full of **** as you. What has happened to this once wonderful company? Harmonix used to care about their customers, now they just poke fun at them on message boards without listening to a single thing that people want from your game, pumping out failure after failure of ideas.

    I'm sure @HMXOwl is just trollbaiting (which is what a social media representative should do, right?) but I don't care. I hope you go to hell, and Coldplay is waiting for you there singing a half step out of tune.


    As for everyone else, I have enjoyed discussing this in a more mature manner. I'm sure I'm done here, but it was good talking to you all.

  • tnevaker said:

    So hmx is a bunch of stoners. No Christmas, no Easter, no Passover, no other holidays of any sort except New years, but they celebrate my most hated day of the year 4/20

    yep, because religious-themed challenges go over so well...
    Well, also, I can count the number of available Christmas songs on one hand, and there are even fewer Easter/Passover jams. New Years worked as a theme because they included generic party/celebration songs, and 4/20 works as a theme because a whole bunch of musicians smoke weed and/or sing about drugs. What songs would a Passover challenge even include?
  • cinnfullcinnfull Unsigned
    HMXOwl said:

    cinnfull said:

    No "A Passage to Bangkok"? This challenge is invalid.

    "The song's lyrics, written by drummer Neil Peart, are widely interpreted as describing drug tourism, specifically cannabis"

    You won't find disc songs tallied in the in-game Store page for Challenges! It's there.
    I was looking at RBDB, but I'll take your word for it.
  • No Bat Country? I guess Hunter S. Thompson was on weed too.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    HMXOwl said:

    Double XP through midnight EST

    i just got 1000+ points for "That Smell"
  • I'm in my prime good sir
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    calloy said:

    HMXOwl said:

    Double XP through midnight EST

    i just got 1000+ points for "That Smell"
    Just 8,000 more to go...
  • Is this a challenge with updates to the eligible songs if we find good references in the lyrics? I love it when the list grows after we find more obscure references to the theme.
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    So the double XP will only be active through the night for European players? That seems fair.
  • Given the relatively narrow scope of this week's challenge, I think the double XP window should be opened a little wider.
  • Given the relatively narrow scope of this week's challenge, I think the double XP window should be opened a little wider.

    It's 301 songs, what part is narrow?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

    tnevaker said:

    So hmx is a bunch of stoners. No Christmas, no Easter, no Passover, no other holidays of any sort except New years, but they celebrate my most hated day of the year 4/20

    yep, because religious-themed challenges go over so well...
    Well, also, I can count the number of available Christmas songs on one hand, and there are even fewer Easter/Passover jams. New Years worked as a theme because they included generic party/celebration songs, and 4/20 works as a theme because a whole bunch of musicians smoke weed and/or sing about drugs. What songs would a Passover challenge even include?
    Challenge eligible songs are all songs you don't own - you passed over them when you were buying things. Unfortunately if you buy anything for the challenge it immediately becomes ineligible.
  • HMXOwl said:

    Double XP through midnight EST

    Where's the humor in this? I know people are getting sick of me looking at stuff like this, but there's nothing funny about this.
  • akuiken98 said:

    HMXOwl said:

    Double XP through midnight EST

    Where's the humor in this? I know people are getting sick of me looking at stuff like this, but there's nothing funny about this.
    If it's not funny to you, that's completely fine. It doesn't have to be. Not everything is funny to everyone. We won't take away your double XP if you don't laugh.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited April 20
    I would imagine it's supposed to be a fun bonus. Because, when you think about it, that's all the crew challenges in Rivals mode are: a casual competition, for fun, with literally no awards for getting promoted and no punishment for demotion. No trophies. No free songs. Not even purely aesthetic items, like clothing or instruments. Nothing at all. If you dig deep down in the menus, or go to an app, you'll see what the ranking of your crew is. Otherwise, the game plays exactly the same whether your crew is in Bloodstone or Bronze. If it inspires you and your crew to play more, and to get better: great! If it makes you feel like you're being forced to grind, if you get angry because people cheat, because some people have songs that your region doesn't have access to ... well, then I guess it's not fun for you.

    Are the outcomes always 100% fair? Nope. Are the curated lists 100% accurate? Not always! But it's fun, right?
    No?
    Oh. Sorry to hear that.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLWn2LfVjMY
  • patricide1979patricide1979 Unsigned
    edited April 20
    Blaze of Glory! Burn! Green Grass and High Tides! This must have been a fun list to make. :)

    Edit: Totally not explaining the theme to my middle schooler (and hoping she doesn't choose to explain it to me), but I appreciate the effort to have some fun.
  • 4/20 is a little more than just getting high

    The day/week is used to protest legalisation of drug use and to help the problems associated with drug addiction/illness

    If people are that offended by it then just don't play the challenge this week. You can still play the game and they'll be a new theme next week
  • edited April 20
    HMXOwl said:

    Given the relatively narrow scope of this week's challenge, I think the double XP window should be opened a little wider.

    It's 301 songs, what part is narrow?
    I was admittedly looking at rbdb (I realize it's neither official nor necessarily complete), which shows a total of 104 songs. Still, it seems like the bulk of the challenge is Bob Marley, The Grateful Dead and Green Day. If one doesn't own any/many songs by the aforementioned artists, they're just out of luck, I reckon.

    Suggestions:

    Iron Maiden - Flight of Icarus
    KISS - Detroit Rock City
  • Yeah, turns out RBDB was missing 2/3rds of the challenge songs lol what a relief! I can play Sublime, Come On Eileen and so on - awesome challenge!
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

    I would imagine it's supposed to be a fun bonus. Because, when you think about it, that's all the crew challenges in Rivals mode are: a casual competition, for fun, with literally no awards for getting promoted and no punishment for demotion. No trophies. No free songs. Not even purely aesthetic items, like clothing or instruments. Nothing at all. If you dig deep down in the menus, or go to an app, you'll see what the ranking of your crew is. Otherwise, the game plays exactly the same whether your crew is in Bloodstone or Bronze. If it inspires you and your crew to play more, and to get better: great! If it makes you feel like you're being forced to grind, if you get angry because people cheat, because some people have songs that your region doesn't have access to ... well, then I guess it's not fun for you.

    Are the outcomes always 100% fair? Nope. Are the curated lists 100% accurate? Not always! But it's fun, right?
    No?
    Oh. Sorry to hear that.

    Nobody's putting a gun to your head and making you play Rivals mode. There are other modes of play in the game. Rivals mode isn't for everybody just like how Brutal Mode isn't for everybody just like how Docudrama isn't for everybody.
  • Skynyrd45Skynyrd45 Opening Act

    Maybe look at all the other things that have happened on April 20th, and double think celebrating this day.

    Instead of doing a fun 4/20 theme challenge, they should of just made a challenge consisting of only Pumped Up Kicks to celebrate this week....
12357
Sign In or Register to comment.