DLC Discussion Thread: Lynyrd Skynyrd and Oasis

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard

4/20 is a little more than just getting high

The day/week is used to protest legalisation of drug use and to help the problems associated with drug addiction/illness

If people are that offended by it then just don't play the challenge this week. You can still play the game and they'll be a new theme next week

I hate to use Wikipedia as a source, buuuuuut...

(Unless this is just a case of confusing wording, and you meant something other than "420 is actually against drugs")
  • 4/20 is a little more than just getting high

The day/week is used to protest legalisation of drug use and to help the problems associated with drug addiction/illness

If people are that offended by it then just don't play the challenge this week. You can still play the game and they'll be a new theme next week

(Unless this is just a case of confusing wording, and you meant something other than "420 is actually against drugs")
    I assume he meant to say "promote" rather than "protest" and got mixed up.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited April 21
    I read "Protest legislation of drug use" as "Protesting the current legislation as it pertains to drug use". Basically protesting the current draconian legislation.

That fact that also generally entails promoting new legislation makes it smoky, hazy area. And of course, some people think all legislation should be abolished so they don't care about the distinction.
  • edited April 21
    HMXOwl said:

akuiken98 said:

HMXOwl said:

Double XP through midnight EST

Where's the humor in this? I know people are getting sick of me looking at stuff like this, but there's nothing funny about this.
    If it's not funny to you, that's completely fine. It doesn't have to be. Not everything is funny to everyone. We won't take away your double XP if you don't laugh.
    But it's just a statement that you said. You weren't trying to be funny at all. Oh well, I'm just curious, don't get mad at me Mr. Owl.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Skynyrd45 said:

Maybe look at all the other things that have happened on April 20th, and double think celebrating this day.

Instead of doing a fun 4/20 theme challenge, they should of just made a challenge consisting of only Pumped Up Kicks to celebrate this week....
    Ooooooooooooof.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    HMXOwl said:

Champagne Supernova's overall volume will be lifted in the next patch. Since there's no need for a new file, PS4 owners can safely grab it in advance.

Yes, also the guitar stem is a bit too loud. If this gets reduced down a couple of decibels along with raising the overall volume, then it'll be pretty close to being perfect :)
  • HMXOwl said:

Champagne Supernova's overall volume will be lifted in the next patch. Since there's no need for a new file, PS4 owners can safely grab it in advance.

I've already gotten Champagne Supernova before the patch headsup was announced. Will the song get fixed if I get the patch if I already have it?
  • edited April 21

HMXOwl said:

I've already gotten Champagne Supernova before the patch headsup was announced. Will the song get fixed if I get the patch if I already have it?
    Yes. Much like owning Ten before RB3 came out still gave the songs harmonies in 3. I didn't say it could be grabbed in advance for fun, ya know. ; ) If you own Champagne Supernova now, the next game update will have the fix. If you don't own Champagne Supernova ever, the next game update will still have the fix since everyone gets the same updates.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited April 21
    Edit: Redundant post. B)

• 4/20 is a little more than just getting high

Yes you read it wrong. Protesting the legalisation of drug use. ie marching to make it legal to take drugs and thus make it a safer environment for drug addicts and then the root cause of addiction can be looked at.
  • I've been playing some more Forza Horizon 3 and I noticed there's timed achievements worth 0G for the #Forzathon events. What's the chance of something like that being integrated into Rivals for the weekly challenges?

I think it would be a cool addition.
  • I've been playing some more Forza Horizon 3 and I noticed there's timed achievements worth 0G for the #Forzathon events. What's the chance of something like that being integrated into Rivals for the weekly challenges?

I think it would be a cool addition.

Sounds like a cool idea! One that, unfortunately, would only work on the Xbox front... Unless there's some loophole and Sony allows companies to add Bronze trophies to their games without an expansion.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard

4/20 is a little more than just getting high

Yes you read it wrong. Protesting the legalisation of drug use. ie marching to make it legal to take drugs and thus make it a safer environment for drug addicts and then the root cause of addiction can be looked at.
    Okay, good to know, thanks. It's sometimes hard for me to understand things in text, is all.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    I walked right into that one.
  • edited April 23
    In related not-so-news, apparently Oasis suffered some minor injuries while visiting close to me...

http://www.mtv.com/news/1456913/oasis-members-in-auto-accident-shows-postponed/

Unsurprisingly, they actually missed the concert due to (pain) drugs. That's what happens when you *take a hit* from a car.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    we kinda got two choices. it's either weed week or hitler week. i know what i'm picking.

Alles klar, Herr Kommissar?

• MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    In all seriousness I've been wanting "Der Kommissar" since the RB3 days. I'll happily take either Falco's or After the Fire's version.
  • For the game, I think it's After the Fire's version by a country mile.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 24

I'd have probably chosen All Over You, Follow You Down and 3AM with 3AM replaced with Champagne Supernova if it isn't spotlight for this Thursday's challenge. To me RB4 represents the 90s finally being represented well and what better way than to have a weekly challenge dedicated to that decade.

On second thoughts, Follow Me Down is finally fixed on SIEE so another potential challenge I'd really like to see in the future would be one celebrating RB4 (only RB4 disc + RB4 DLC eligible) with 2 unused disc songs and Follow Me Down for spotlight.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    HMXOwl said:

tnevaker said:

China Cat Sunflower is a very good song pick for calibration testing.

By the way I had a look at the eligible DLC via the ingame store and here's the list:
    - Jimi Hendrix
    - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    - The Grateful Dead
    - Bob Marley and the Wailers
    - Talking Heads
    - Dave Matthews Band
    - Snoop Dogg
    - Siouxsie and The Banshees
    - Phish
    - Black Sabbath (only Sweet Leaf)
    - Steve Miller Band (only The Joker)
    - Willie Nelson
    - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (only Mary Jane's Last Dance)

So I guess it's a 4/20 themed challenge then?

siouxsie and the banshees a jam band? hmmmm.......
    Go play Peek A Boo.
    in what way, shape or form is Peek A Boo a "jam"?
  • tnevaker said:

HMXOwl said:

tnevaker said:

China Cat Sunflower is a very good song pick for calibration testing.

By the way I had a look at the eligible DLC via the ingame store and here's the list:
    - Jimi Hendrix
    - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    - The Grateful Dead
    - Bob Marley and the Wailers
    - Talking Heads
    - Dave Matthews Band
    - Snoop Dogg
    - Siouxsie and The Banshees
    - Phish
    - Black Sabbath (only Sweet Leaf)
    - Steve Miller Band (only The Joker)
    - Willie Nelson
    - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (only Mary Jane's Last Dance)

So I guess it's a 4/20 themed challenge then?

siouxsie and the banshees a jam band? hmmmm.......
    Go play Peek A Boo.
    in what way, shape or form is Peek A Boo a "jam"?
    You're trying to be very literal on a week that is very non-literal.
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    Crazy it took almost 9 and a half years to get another Album version of an Oasis song. Too damn long. Here's hoping for more Oasis.
  • MrMet2087 said:

Crazy it took almost 9 and a half years to get another Album version of an Oasis song. Too damn long. Here's hoping for more Oasis.

Fingers crossed on Some Might Say, Hello, and Roll It.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I'm glad I saw the note about the volume issue for the Oasis song, or I would have been concerned.
    It's a damn fine song.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    akuiken98 said:

MrMet2087 said:

Fingers crossed on Some Might Say, Hello, and Roll It.
    Screw thinking small, WtSMG? full album DLC.

(And this is coming from someone whose one Oasis concert experience was cut horribly short because whichever Gallagher is the frontman threw a hissy fit mid-concert and walked off the stage and left us hanging for another hour or so before they confirmed they weren't coming back on and I vowed to minimize my financial contribution to them.)