May 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: The 4th WILL Be With You

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    When we get “Guardians Inferno”, do you think the hand-claps will be mapped to drums or the microphone?
  • (It wasn't an actual prediction, it was a joke. The only part of it I could see actually happening is The Mother We Share on Mother's Day week).

I know your predictions were intended to be a joke, but that's a pretty great month with a bunch of songs I'd love to have!
  • edited April 21
    tdc002 said:

Cinco de Mayo week:
    Five for Fighting - Superman (It's Not Easy)
    Smashing Pumpkins - Mayonnaise

Mother's Day week:
    Danzig - Mother
    CHVRCHES - The Mother We Share

I loled at your Cinco de Mayo week.

I've been waiting for Mother since Rock Band launched. I loved that in Guitar Hero II. We know it has masters since it was in GH: Smash Hits.
    Agreed on Mother. That's another song I'm surprised has never made its way to RB.

Mother's Day week with Mother and Mother Mother from RBVR?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    If we get a themed Mother's Day week and it doesn't include The Mother We Share, I'll finally know for sure that HMX is trolling me.
    If they don't fire Star Wars content on May 4, there's another chance three weeks later as May 25 is the 40th anniversary of its theatrical release.
  • White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
    Everything in this thread reminds me of Bear Hands, so I predict Bear Hands DLC in May!
  • HMXOwl said:

If we get a themed Mother's Day week and it doesn't include The Mother We Share, I'll finally know for sure that HMX is trolling me.

Cough.
    Definitely Led Zeppelin.
    I think we were already getting Champagne Supernova at "some point" in April or May, because it's in RBVR [which didn't come out on 4/20], and someone thought it would be funny to line up the release on 4/20 because of that one line.

Kind of like how they already had "American Pie" lined up before they knew that DLC was going to stop, and they decided to save that song for the last week because it seemed appropriate. They didn't go out looking for a last song.
  • HMXOwl said:

Cough.
    Syrup.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 21
    @Meat-Popsicle We'll probably still be getting RBVR songs in September at least going by the current speed. Maybe the strategy is RBVR setlist being the main focus of RB4 DLC until after DropMix launch.

I think we were already getting Champagne Supernova at "some point" in April or May, because it's in RBVR [which didn't come out on 4/20], and someone thought it would be funny to line up the release on 4/20 because of that one line.

Which is (or was, until an owl pecked my hopes and dreams out) what I was thinking could be the case for The Mother We Share (and/or Mother Mother, which I suppose hasn't been dashed yet). Both are in the setlists of other HMX 2017 games and both seems like good candidates for multi-title licensing, and if they did that and were expecting to release the RB4 version in May, it would be a natural to choose to make it land on the release just-before-Mother's-day.

But a coughing owl ruins everything.
    edited April 21
    I always prefer to have my hopeless dreams dashed as early as possible. If they are truly hopeless.
  • You know bruther I just added up throughout the years on what I spent on rock band and it comes out to with dlc , games , guitars ,etc .. $1377.35!!! Holy cow . Rock band has made a killing off of me dude.
    It's a symbiotic relationship
  • HMXOwl said:

Cough.
    Syrup.
    Butthole Surfers confirmed.
  • HMXOwl said:

Cough.
    Syrup.
    Butthole Surfers confirmed.
    So YOU were in my room last night! Dude, knock next time please: :p
  • I came in like a Human Caaaaaaannonballlllll.
  • I guess this may help with predictions.

• I came in like a Human Caaaaaaannonballlllll.

Cannonball by The Breeders confirmed?

This is neither a Tuesday nor a Thursday. Can HMXOwl ever be trusted again? Signs point to no.

This is neither a Tuesday nor a Thursday. Can HMXOwl ever be trusted again? Signs point to no.
    Yeah, let's focus on the hints you have and haven't solved rather than saying others exist...
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    HMXOwl said:

I guess this may help with predictions.

Yeah, let's focus on the hints you have and haven't solved rather than saying others exist...
    There was more than one hint?
  • tdc002 said:

HMXOwl said:

Nah, I'm not clever enough for a second one yet. I'll try this weekend.
  • HMXOwl said:

tdc002 said:

HMXOwl said:

Nah, I'm not clever enough for a second one yet. I'll try this weekend.
    More the Weeknd?
  • Damn so close, I thought I could tie in the hint to Forza Horizon 3 release dates but the Ultimate Edition was released on a Friday not a Thursday. Would've been so cool to have Bored to Death confirmed for May (it may still happen but it's not the hint).
This discussion has been closed.