May 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: The 4th WILL Be With You

Comments

• As I understand it, they've stated that rewind tracks will not be 'surprises'. Whatever's coming next week that we don't know about, won't be rewinds, it'll be actual new songs.

I've said I would never do a forum hint for a Rewind.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    Seriously doubt we get two rewind tracks next week. That's a waste of a reason to be hidden

Some reason I have a feeling it's a blink 182 pack.. though I wish it wasn't
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Metallica was on the Late Show last night!

Maybe we won't get them!!
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned

HMXOwl said:

As I understand it, they've stated that rewind tracks will not be 'surprises'. Whatever's coming next week that we don't know about, won't be rewinds, it'll be actual new songs.

I've said I would never do a forum hint for a Rewind.
    And here he is, not giving hints. It's a rewind.
    Would you say he was WROOOOOOONG

Or is it a case of "Nice to know ya" paranoia?
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    I'm not sure they'd hype Rewind songs by keeping them secret. I'd imagine they would have just announced those at the start of the month.
  • The only way there's going to be rewind this month is if there's a pack next week. We know there's at least 2 new songs next week (1 of them being Bored to Death) due to the hint comparing May's new songs to April's new songs.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    Doesn't need to be a pack though. 3 or more singles would do it too.
  • @bonethug0108 Why would the rewind be hidden if it was only available as a single though?
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    I agree with that assumption, but I also don't expect a rewind next week unless it's an artist from that tour.
  • Same, the only rewinds I could see happening next week are One Step Closer and Aliens Exist.
  • 1993mic1993mic Opening Act
    tdc002 said:

Same, the only rewinds I could see happening next week are One Step Closer and Aliens Exist.

I'm not sure if Linkin Park would re-license One Step Closer at this point. In an interview, Chester Bennington recently told fans to "move the f*** on from Hybrid Theory," and he wants people to realize they've evolved as a band. But also, I'd imagine they like money, so they'd probably relicense it anyway.
    Just like they said during their previous album's promotion that they were tired of every artists trying to emulate what was on the radio, and here they are now releasing songs that sound like everything on mainstream radio...
    1993mic said:

tdc002 said:

Same, the only rewinds I could see happening next week are One Step Closer and Aliens Exist.

I'm not sure if Linkin Park would re-license One Step Closer at this point. In an interview, Chester Bennington recently told fans to "move the f*** on from Hybrid Theory," and he wants people to realize they've evolved as a band. But also, I'd imagine they like money, so they'd probably relicense it anyway.
    Just like they said during their previous album's promotion that they were tired of every artists trying to emulate what was on the radio, and here they are now releasing songs that sound like everything on mainstream radio...
    Do as I say, not as I do I suppose...

You could say they're a....Walking Contradiction.
  • tdc002 said:

it's a difficult one, I'd say this is kind of similar to the whole Rock Band situation during the hiatus. HMX did say part of the reason the hiatus existed was for creative reasons (they wanted to explore outside Rock Band more). Whenever HMX created a new IP or returned to an IP that wasn't RB though, the fans were always like "This looks good, where's Rock Band 4?". Linkin Park's issues at least seem to be more about the constant requests for new albums to be more like Hybrid Theory rather than Hybrid Theory existing hence the similarities with the Rock Band situation.

I do think One Step Closer will get relicensed but things may be trickier for new DLC.
  • This Linkin Park thing makes me think: could that be the reason of why you can't buy Pray for Plagues by Bring Me The Horizon anymore?
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Do these notes mean anything to you?

• Do these notes mean anything to you?

Tried to play it in a guitar.
    Honestly I don't recognize it.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Yeah, I've been looping it myself. Can't figure out what it is.
  • 1993mic said:

tdc002 said:

Do as I say, not as I do I suppose...

You could say they're a....Walking Contradiction.
    Finally Green Day - "Walking Contradiction" confirmed!!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited May 18
    As we have Shout (The Isley Brothers), the Green Day song I want the most next in RB has changed to King For a Day.
  • Do these notes mean anything to you?

I just put them on TuxGuitar and looped through it with several different instruments and... Nothing. It does sound like chiptune music (sort of)... But maybe the hint is not the melody, but the sound frequency? Who knows, there may even be some binary message somewhere in there

As we have Shout (The Isley Brothers), the Green Day song I want the most next in RB has changed to King For a Day.

Yes please.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    try it with the staff upside down / backwards / transposed?
    ah, never mind, it would be a lot of work and might not even be the right move
  • nystargatenystargate Unsigned
    Sink My Boats by Ian Dury & The Blockheads confirmed!
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited May 21

Can't believe that song wasn't on Green Day Rock Band, it would be hilarious to play!
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    I deciphered the rock band text adventure. What do you guys think? (Copied from another thread)

Ok so here goes:

Each note is worth 25 points regardless of consecutive notes hit.

There are 25 notes for a grand total of 625 points.

Each note is denoted as such for total points:

Green - 150
    Red - 125
    Yellow - 175
    Blue - 75
    Orange - 100

Here is the note chart for 25 notes. :)

1-Green
    2-Yellow
    3-Blue
    4-Orange
    5-Red
    6-Red
    7-Yellow
    8-Green
    9-Yellow
    10-Orange
    11-Orange
    12-Red
    13-Green
    14-Blue
    15-Green
    16-Green
    17-Yellow
    18-Blue
    19-Yellow
    20-Orange
    21-Yellow
    22-Yellow
    23-Red
    24-Green
    25-Red

However, I still did not get a high score. :/
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited May 19
    You get a high score of 92,836,011,775 if you "deploy overdrive" before the first note. Then you can enter your name atop the high score list. I expect there is some special name that does something more...

edit: looks like it doesn't need to be before the first note, you get that same score if you do it before the second note, and I'm guessing before any note.
This discussion has been closed.