May 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: The 4th WILL Be With You

Comments

• nystargatenystargate Unsigned
    Sink My Boats by Ian Dury & The Blockheads confirmed!
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited May 21

As we have Shout (The Isley Brothers), the Green Day song I want the most next in RB has changed to King For a Day.

Can't believe that song wasn't on Green Day Rock Band, it would be hilarious to play!
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    I deciphered the rock band text adventure. What do you guys think? (Copied from another thread)

Ok so here goes:

Each note is worth 25 points regardless of consecutive notes hit.

There are 25 notes for a grand total of 625 points.

Each note is denoted as such for total points:

Green - 150
    Red - 125
    Yellow - 175
    Blue - 75
    Orange - 100

Here is the note chart for 25 notes. :)

1-Green
    2-Yellow
    3-Blue
    4-Orange
    5-Red
    6-Red
    7-Yellow
    8-Green
    9-Yellow
    10-Orange
    11-Orange
    12-Red
    13-Green
    14-Blue
    15-Green
    16-Green
    17-Yellow
    18-Blue
    19-Yellow
    20-Orange
    21-Yellow
    22-Yellow
    23-Red
    24-Green
    25-Red

However, I still did not get a high score. :/
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited May 19
    You get a high score of 92,836,011,775 if you "deploy overdrive" before the first note. Then you can enter your name atop the high score list. I expect there is some special name that does something more...

edit: looks like it doesn't need to be before the first note, you get that same score if you do it before the second note, and I'm guessing before any note.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

You get a high score of 92,836,011,775 if you "deploy overdrive" before the first note. Then you can enter your name atop the high score list. I expect there is some special name that does something more...

edit: looks like it doesn't need to be before the first note, you get that same score if you do it before the second note, and I'm guessing before any note.

Correct. I'm trying to figure out what is relevant in this entire thing. The note chart? The score? The names on the high score list?

According to the code, it doesn't look like there's a special name to be entered.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    I was hoping there was some way to get a deliberately lower score, to actually get into the high score list but not at #1. But it doesn't seem like it - with overdrive, you either get that big score for a perfect, or 1200 or less for one or more misses.

I was thinking back to 'a perfect square approaches'. Sadly, that big score number isn't a perfect square. 625, the score you get for a perfect run without overdrive, is a perfect square (in fact, it's a perfect square of a perfect square!).
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    Can confirm deploy overdrive makes a difference.

It was fun for a minute, but it would've been neat to see an entire global leaderboard of everyone that's played the game rather than just the "stock" names written into the app.

Sounds like something that could be done in C or Perl maybe?

Ask the real programmers though, not me please.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    HMXOwl said:

Sure, we'll shut down Rock Band 3 and convert that server space into global leaderboards for a text adventure.

No biggie, whenever you have time after dropping the mix ;)
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    1993mic said:

tdc002 said:

Same, the only rewinds I could see happening next week are One Step Closer and Aliens Exist.

I'm not sure if Linkin Park would re-license One Step Closer at this point. In an interview, Chester Bennington recently told fans to "move the f*** on from Hybrid Theory," and he wants people to realize they've evolved as a band. But also, I'd imagine they like money, so they'd probably relicense it anyway.
    Just like they said during their previous album's promotion that they were tired of every artists trying to emulate what was on the radio, and here they are now releasing songs that sound like everything on mainstream radio...
    - Not too short
    - Not too long
    - Back up vox in all the right places
  • There's a new song by Soul Remnants.

HMX pls.
  • I have a new potential theory about next week's DLC. A blink-182 pack could fit if 1 of the songs is from the deluxe edition of California because some of those songs weren't revealed until after the partial May DLC announcement. So like you could have:
    - Bored to Death
    - Aliens Exist (rewind)
    - Wildfire

Or maybe even a California only pack and Aliens Exist gets released later in the year like:
    - Bored to Death
    - She's Out of Her Mind
    - Wildfire
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner

I have a new potential theory about next week's DLC. A blink-182 pack could fit if 1 of the songs is from the deluxe edition of California because some of those songs weren't revealed until after the partial May DLC announcement. So like you could have:
    - Bored to Death
    - Aliens Exist (rewind)
    - Wildfire

Or maybe even a California only pack and Aliens Exist gets released later in the year like:
    - Bored to Death
    - She's Out of Her Mind
    - Wildfire

If we are going to get more new blink, Wildfire would be that pick.
    Great choice on that!
This discussion has been closed.