What Was/Were Your First Ever RB DLC Purchase(s)?

I am not certain if there are any threads with this theme, but from what I've gleaned if there are, they are too old (would be reviving dead threads at this point), so I decided to start one!

I know a lot of you guys have been playing RB for several years (some for a whole decade!) and have tons of awesome DLC, but do you recall what was your very first (or some of the first few) DLC you bought? Remembering how you started on your first step to making that sweet, sweet setlist is quite nostalgic and interesting.

Well, as for me, when I bought RB4 back when it was just some months old, I decided I NEEDED to have some of MGS V's tracks in it (was still playing it and loving it all) so I got, amongst my first purchases:
  • Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
  • Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
  • Take On Me - a-ha (this one was more because I love a-ha and like about 95% of all their songs)
I don't recall what was my very first song, but I know the RHCP, Coldplay, Bon Jovi and Cranberries packs were my first packs.

So, what about you guys?

Comments

• WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited April 7
    The first PAID DLC I remember getting was The Offspring 01, The Fratellis 01, Steve Miller Band 01, Queens of the Stone Age 01 and a few singles on an alt account in 2009.

Some 2,600 songs later (and more if you count RBN last-gen) here we are now.

And of course, the free songs technically were first but I wasn't sure if you wanted Paid or Free specified.
  • TheMuralsTheMurals Unsigned
    Mine was either Fijate Bien / Juanes (hi, avatar) or Feel Good Inc. / Gorillaz, I don't quite remember.
  • gaberoxgaberox Unsigned
    Metallica pack, the kill and taking back Sunday pack. Bought in 2011 still play them often. Money well spent except Metallica is stuck on my PS3 sadly.
  • Fortunate Son
  • Move Along by All-American Rejects 2/02/2008
    Dirty Little Secret by All-American Rejects 3/14/2008
    Roxanne by The Police 3/14/2008
    More Than A Feeling by Boston 4/05/2008
    Still Alive by GlaDOS 4/05/2008
    All the Small Things by Blink-182 4/05/2008
    I Fought the Law by The Clash 4/05/2008
    3's & 7's by Queens of the Stone Age 4/05/2008
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    Good thing I never delete my emails so I have all my PS purchase confirmations there. Here are my first RB DLCs:

February 17th, 2010
    All-American Rejects - Gives You Hell
    No Doubt - Excuse Me Mr.
    Paramore - Crushcrushcrush
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow ((Hey Oh))

February 19th, 2010
    AFI Pack 01

February 21st, 2010
    Rock Band Export

April 30th, 2010
    AFI- Miss Murder
    Alice Cooper - Poison
    Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife
    Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country
    blink-182 - First Date
    Freezepop - Get Ready 2 Rokk
    Freezepop - Less Talk More Rokk
    The Go-Go's - Our Lips Are Sealed
    Green Day - Know Your Enemy
    Little Fish - Am I Crazy
    Queens of the Stone Age - 3's & 7's
    Queens of the Stone Age - Sick, Sick, Sick
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Suck My Kiss
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tell Me Baby
    White Zombie - Black Sunshine
    X - Los Angeles

After these I bought absolutely nothing until July 7th, 2011 when I bought RB2, LRB, GDRB and RBTP2 exports and got into Rock Band (I was a GH fanboy before that). I'm really happy that I went for the exports right away.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    I did some digging on Xbox.com. It looks like the very first song I bought was "Attack" by 30 Seconds to Mars, followed by "Buddy Holly" by Weezer, and the Fortunate Son cover a few days later, then the Oasis pack, "Rockaway Beach" and "Dirty Little Secret" in January. I remember my brother also bought "Move Along" by AAR on his account but I forget when.

It's also funny seeing giant gaps in me buying DLC for Rock Band. Waaay back in 2008, my college internet was so bad, you couldn't connect a video game console to the internet. So I remember keeping a list of DLC I wanted, then taking my Xbox home on breaks so I could buy it when I was at my parents' place.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    All-American Rejects - "Move Along"
    The Clash - "I Fought the Law"
    Black Sabbath - "War Pigs"
    Foreigner - "Juke Box Hero"
    Metallica 01

All on January 4, 2008, which I believe is the day I got the bundle.
  • My siblings and I received Rock Band 2 for Christmas in 2008. Since I was the only person local, I got to house the kit at my apartment! My first purchase was GLaDOS - Still Alive on Jan 1, 2009. The next day I picked up:

Papa Roach - Time is Running Out
    Paramore - Crushcrushcrush

Later this month I picked up Boston Pack 1, Disturbed Pack 1, RB/ACDC Exports, and 36 other songs B)
    Suffice it to say, I was pretty hooked!
  • Xbox users pro-tip - if you use the https://live.xbox.com/en-US/download/history link, you need to re-size your browser window so you actually have scroll bars. Once you see them, more content loads when you scroll down! Spent a stupid amount of time trying to figure out why I couldn't see my purchase history!
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    Metallica pack 1, disturbed pack 1, Zero and Margaritaville back in June 2008 on the day I brought the game home. Hysteria the next day, then We Care a Lot and Interstate Love Song the following day. Also had to add funds at that point. Have spent thousands of dollars on hardware, follow up games and DLC since then. Money well spent.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    So the first DLC I bought on my current account was “The Cars” Album

but I did not start using my account for purchases until RB3 came out, before that I used my brother's account. Which on that account the first DLC bought was "Clouds Over California"

Buuut before I got an Xbox at my mom's house (I had RB1 on PS2) I had bought some stuff on my Step-Brother's account at my Dad's house. He bought some DLC before like Offspring and Metallica, but I think the first stuff there I bought with my own store bought points was some Freezepop, or maybe the cover of Sweet's "Action"
  • kaneruleskanerules Rising Star
    I'm going to say Metallica pack 01 only because back when they released multiple songs including packs and singles in the same week, I seem to recall packs always sorting first in the store. So since I have bought every song released since the beginning of (Rock Band) time, I'll go with that! :wink:
  • I bought Rock Band Blitz and I wanted a few songs to play on it so I think I bought Gorillaz Pack 01, Lady Gaga Pack 01, Rise Against Pack 01, the free songs that were still up, and I think the brentafloss song on RBN.
  • dconrad23dconrad23 Unsigned
    I first started buying DLC during RB2. My first 3 DLC purchases were: Caprici di Diablo, Metallica Pack 1, and (Take These) Chains.
  • My first batch of purchases were mostly blink-182 (starting purchasing RB DLC in January 2010) but there were others like Metallica and Miss Murder (AFI). I really miss the times when a new blink-182 pack was an annual thing HMX would do (01 was in 2009, 02 was in 2010, 03 was in 2011) but at least Bored to Death being in RBVR gives hope that we'll at least get that song in RB4 which would be the first appearance of blink-182 in RB since Blitz (Always).
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    First DLC download: "Still Alive," to ensure that DLC was cross-region compatible (having a US account and a PAL game).
    Second DLC download: "Sprøde," to make sure paid DLC was cross-region compatible.

Après ça, le déluge. All on the same day, I bought, apparently in this order:

crushcrushcrush
    All the Small Things
    Dirty Little Secret
    Fortunate Son (cover)
    My Sharona (cover)
    Juke Box Hero (cover)
    Joker & the Thief
    War Pigs (cover)
    Buddy Holly
    Brass in Pocket (cover)
    Move Along
    Song With a Mission (cover)
    Limelight (cover)
    Police 01
    Punk 01
    Interstate Love Song
    Die! All Right
    Last Train to Clarksville (cover)
    Oasis 01
    Working Man (cover)
    Roam
    Punk 02
    El Scorcho
    Why Do You Love Me
    Grateful Dead 01
    Shockwave
    Boston 01
    Classic Rock 01
    Saints of Los Angeles
    Zero
    This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race
    Hanging on the Telephone
    Kool Thing
    Train in Vain (Stand by Me)
  • crashb648crashb648 Unsigned
    My very first song was Can't Get Enough by Bad Company.

Ironic considering for the first two(ish) years that is all I bought on my Playstation Account.

Fast forward years later I'm approaching 500 songs (not including RBN). Happy days!
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Mine :smiley:

'Zero' - Smashing PumpkinsHarmonix Music Systems, Inc
    Game 12/25/2008 --

'Simple Man' - Lynyrd SkynyrdHarmonix Music Systems, Inc
    Game 12/25/2008 --
  • suprehombresuprehombre Unsigned
    The fact that Collective Soul has at least ONE song I could go for that. That and Stone Temple Pilots 'Interstate Love Song'. From the moment they started adding DLC to Rock Band way back when I said I wanted that song, but they'd probably never add it.

It ended up being DLC withing months of the program starting.

Collective Soul was another one I was waiting for, and while I'd love their other songs, 'Shine' was probably the best choice.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    First online purchase for any RB-series game: Abbey Road album, for Beatles Rock Band.
    First online purchase for main-series: RB1 export key
    First main-series DLC purchase: Iron Maiden 01
    First single purchase: Mary Jane's Last Dance (Live)
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    The first song I downloaded was "Still Alive" on 6/10/08. The first paid DLC was Metallica 01 and "Heir Kommt Alex" on 8/28/08. I had been playing the game awhile before then, but I was 13/14 at the time and I didn't have my own money. My buying habits pick up from there and now I sometimes buy songs I don't even really like haha.
  • SadSandwichSadSandwich Unsigned
    edited April 7
    I'm 99% sure the first I bought was the Oasis pack - Wonderwall, Don't Look Back in Anger and Live Forever back at the start of 2008 when they came out. I can't check because it was on my roommate's account, not mine, but I just had to have them so I didn't care.

When I got my own copy of RB I re-bought those and some of the ones that came out before that pack. If it was my own RB account from the beginning, I most likely would have bought Attack and The Kill from 30 Seconds to Mars as my first DLC.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited April 7
    Back in April of 2008 I had downloaded Still Alive by GLaDOS because it was free. This was my first ever Rock Band DLC. At the time I didn't have a credit or debit card so I wasn't able to buy anything online. I kept waiting for the PSN cards* to be sold at my local Best Buy so that I could begin.

Well, they finally became available. :) I had a couple of friends over a week after installing Still Alive and I was excited to tell them that there were some pretty cool songs I could download for us to play. I was currently living in my parents' basement so I had Rock Band set up in our downstairs living room. I opened the store on my large, bulky PS3 to see what we should get.

All the Small Things ---- check
    ...And Justice for All ---- check
    Buddy Holly ---- check
    Dirty Little Secret ---- check

Interstate Love Song, Juke Box Hero, Little Sister, Move Along, Sex Type Thing, Sick,Sick,Sick, 3's & 7's, Boston Pack 01.

CHECK

Now there was only one problem... download speeds in 2008. Or rather download speeds for me in 2008. No, better yet.... download speeds in 2008 for me on a PS3.

Each song took roughly five to ten minutes to download. So, being the younger men we were, me and my two buddies went outside to play some basketball and football. After about an hour we decided to come back in to play a few songs that had downloaded.

From there on out my life would never be the same. Here I am almost exactly nine years later still regularly downloading new tracks into my Rock Band library. I have amassed more than 2,000 songs over the years and I have no intention on quitting any time soon. :)

#RockBand4ever

*There is still a large stack of PSN cards that I used in my old bedroom. I think they accounted for a little over $2,000 of my purchases. ;) *
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited April 7
    Siouxsie and The Banshees Pack 01Harmonix Music Systems, Inc
    Game 04/01/2009 --

Doolittle (Album)Harmonix Music Systems, Inc
    Game 04/03/2009 --
    (Maybe my favorite album ever, and the inspiration for me going all-in on Rock Band)

• Is there a quick way to check this on Playstation?

Best bet would be to find your download history - it is easily found (not so easily scrolled/searched through) on the PS3. Aside from that, I'm not 100% sure on how to find it on the PC store but it should be there as well.

On another note: I've been reading all the replies to this discussion and it's pretty cool to see many folks started with similar songs and it's also a lot of fun to read your stories about how your life was back then. From someone who started with RB recently, it's pretty neat to know how you guys started out!
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I figured it out! And also discovered that my first DLC purchases were actually for (gasp!) Guitar Hero III. I had that on PS2, but re-bought it for PS3 just for the trophies. But there were no trophies. Whoops.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    edited April 7

I figured it out! And also discovered that my first DLC purchases were actually for (gasp!) Guitar Hero III. I had that on PS2, but re-bought it for PS3 just for the trophies. But there were no trophies. Whoops.

There weren't even trophies for Guitar Hero World Tour which I think came out at the same time as Rock Band 2. Rock Band 2 was my first trophy. Now I have over 3500, including 45 platinums. :smile: