What Was/Were Your First Ever RB DLC Purchase(s)?

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited April 7
    My first Rock Band related trophy was actually from Rock Band 2. I guess I bought the original RB afterwards. [edit: there were no trophies in the original Rock Band, so I'm not sure when I actually bought it]

Western Europe Performer
    Played a set in Western Europe
    Apr 4, 2009 1:10:50 AM
  • edited April 7
    Thought mine was Muse-Hysteria...but it is actually FloBots-HandleBars. First pack was Boston. *side-note* dam I started playing RB3 in 2011, thought it was later than that. -edit- okay, it wasn't until 2013 that I really started playing RB3 *1st pro drum achievement*
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned
    Eastern Europe Performer was my first trophy of any kind. I continue to be a few RB2 drum beats away from having that Plat to match my RB3 and RB4 plats.

My first DLC was the original big Iron Maiden package. That was also the reason I chose Rock Band over the other game. Very fortuitous.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    I've been playing RB since before launch (thanks MTV Games and HMX for sending a demo trailer to my university so I could fall in love with the game at first play) but didn't have my own copy until Christmas that year. As such, I scrounged up some cash and made my first purchases on 2/16/08:

Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)
    Wonderwall
    Queens of the Stone Age 01
    Dirty Little Secret
    Fortunate Son
    All The Small Things
    Move Along
    Black Sabbath 01
    My Sharona

Most of these I'd played on my roommate's setup before getting my copy of RB1 so I knew what I was in for.

I would get Still Alive two months later, and the Disturbed preorder pack (2/3 of Disturbed 01, bought the third later) two months after that. I cherry picked going forward due to having no money and focusing on college.

Now I have a full-time job, disposable income, and a gig bringing RB4 to at least one con per year, so I buy everything now.
  • As a huge Metallica fan, I remember my younger teenage self getting those Microsoft points and buying Metallica 01 and that was pretty much my only DLC for a long time.

Fast forward to today on RB4 I no longer have my Metallica but I've got around 1000 songs instead.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited April 7
    Tyrus1235 said:

Is there a quick way to check this on Playstation?

Best bet would be to find your download history - it is easily found (not so easily scrolled/searched through) on the PS3. Aside from that, I'm not 100% sure on how to find it on the PC store but it should be there as well.
    Actually, on the PC Playstation store, all the last-generation tracks got re-date-stamped when they were ported to be dual-platform items... as a result, the 'oldest' stuff in the list is just the stuff that isn't available in RB4 (for me, Don't Stop Believing, The Broken, Toxicity, and RBN stuff), even though I can tell from my email-archive receipts that there are things I bought earlier that are datestamped to 2015 now.

My Don't Stop Believing is shown in the store as purchased April 2, 2010.
    My Mary Jane's Last Dance ... both the PS3 and PS4 items are now shown in the store as purchased Oct 5, 2015. I have an email receipt for it dated March 3, 2010.
  • KN77_NRUEKN77_NRUE Unsigned
    The first Songs i bought when RockBand was released in Germany in September 2008 were:

'My Sharona' - The Knack
    'Wonderwall' - Oasis
    'Snow ((Hey Oh))'
    'I Fought the Law' - The Clash
    'Juke Box Hero' - Foreigner
    'Message in a Bottle' - The Police
    'Baba O'Riley' - The Who
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

Tyrus1235 said:

Is there a quick way to check this on Playstation?

Best bet would be to find your download history - it is easily found (not so easily scrolled/searched through) on the PS3. Aside from that, I'm not 100% sure on how to find it on the PC store but it should be there as well.
    Actually, on the PC Playstation store, all the last-generation tracks got re-date-stamped when they were ported to be dual-platform items... as a result, the 'oldest' stuff in the list is just the stuff that isn't available in RB4 (for me, Don't Stop Believing, The Broken, Toxicity, and RBN stuff), even though I can tell from my email-archive receipts that there are things I bought earlier that are datestamped to 2015 now.

My Don't Stop Believing is shown in the store as purchased April 2, 2010.
    My Mary Jane's Last Dance ... both the PS3 and PS4 items are now shown in the store as purchased Oct 5, 2015. I have an email receipt for it dated March 3, 2010.
    Purchase history is your guys' friend. :)
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    Really think there should be a part B to this question that asks, "And how much have to spent on the franchise since then?" ;)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Yeah, "purchase history" seems to be in the original order.
    https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/media/media-list.action
    You're right, the Purchase History keeps good track of everything bought that is playable on PS3 with purchase date.

But it doesn't have any PS4-only RB content at all! The most recent item in my Purchase History is Excuse Me Mr from early February - none of the RB4-only content I've bought since (and no RB4-only content at all, even from before that).
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    I want to say it was either "Rock 'n' Roll High School" by Ramones or "My Sharona" by The Knack. However, my first DLC purchases were on Wii back in like 2010, and I basically left all of my Wii DLC behind when I transferred to PS4 for RB4, so I don't really have the original records. I'm pretty confident it was one of those, though.

You're right, the Purchase History keeps good track of everything bought that is playable on PS3 with purchase date.

But it doesn't have any PS4-only RB content at all! The most recent item in my Purchase History is Excuse Me Mr from early February - none of the RB4-only content I've bought since (and no RB4-only content at all, even from before that).

Yep. All RB4 content gets stuffed into the Rock Band 4 game 'folder'.
  • Tyrus1235 said:

I am not certain if there are any threads with this theme, but from what I've gleaned if there are, they are too old (would be reviving dead threads at this point), so I decided to start one!

I know a lot of you guys have been playing RB for several years (some for a whole decade!) and have tons of awesome DLC, but do you recall what was your very first (or some of the first few) DLC you bought? Remembering how you started on your first step to making that sweet, sweet setlist is quite nostalgic and interesting.

Well, as for me, when I bought RB4 back when it was just some months old, I decided I NEEDED to have some of MGS V's tracks in it (was still playing it and loving it all) so I got, amongst my first purchases:

• Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
    • Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
    • Take On Me - a-ha (this one was more because I love a-ha and like about 95% of all their songs)
    I don't recall what was my very first song, but I know the RHCP, Coldplay, Bon Jovi and Cranberries packs were my first packs.

So, what about you guys?
    I bought every single bit of DLC for the first 6 months after the first one was released, even if I didn't like the song or was unfamiliar with it. I was a download whore. Still am, but after those first 6 months I realized that I was going to go broke and had to pick and choose my song purchases.
  • @kal_el_0724 Where can I find that 'folder'? I am curious myself to see what were the very first DLCs I bought since, as I said in the OP, I only remember some of the first ones (but not the actual first). Would be cool to see that. :D
    edited April 7
    Tyrus1235 said:

@kal_el_0724 Where can I find that 'folder'? I am curious myself to see what were the very first DLCs I bought since, as I said in the OP, I only remember some of the first ones (but not the actual first). Would be cool to see that. :D

See the link that @Meat-Popsicle posted above. The 'folder' I'm referencing is the only thing that includes RB4 content. If you made purchases prior to Rock Band 4 (on the PS3), then they will show up outside that folder as well.
    Tyrus1235 said:

@kal_el_0724 Where can I find that 'folder'? I am curious myself to see what were the very first DLCs I bought since, as I said in the OP, I only remember some of the first ones (but not the actual first). Would be cool to see that. :D

I found it October 7, 2015 in my purchase history. You click on it and it shows you the _Alphabetical_ list of all the RB4 add-on content you've acquired. You can click on each one to make it show you the purchase date, but I don't think there's any way to actually make it sort by purchase date.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    Got the bundle for Christmas 2007, first DLC purchased a week later. I bought a few that night but first listed in my purchase history is "Roxanne". Others that night were "I Fought the Law", "Jukebox Hero", "My Sharona", and the Black Sabbath pack.
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    The Black Sabbath Pack was probably my first DLC...and one of my best investments, as they're some of my favourite songs to play to this day (War Pigs and NIB!)
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited April 7
    I played RB1/RB2 on PS2, so no DLC, and then got the Wii for TB:RB, L:RB, GD:RB and the first year or so of RB3. I bought about 400 DLC tracks for Wii, but I don't remember which I got first, so I only have my Xbox purchase history:

Free DLC codes prior to actually owning an Xbox
    Rush - Moving Pictures album
    Country Mega Pack
    Bon Jovi - Greatest Hits: Rock Band Edition album

December 13th, 2011
    Coldplay Collection 01
    The Trews - "Hold Me in Your Arms"
    Ra Ra Riot - "Can You Tell"
    Ra Ra Riot - "Boy"

December 14th, 2011
    Jukebox the Ghost - "Schizophrenia"
    Def Leppard 01
    The Darkness - "I Believe in a Thing Called Love"
    The Clash - "Rock the Casbah"
    R.E.M. - "Man on the Moon"
    Buffalo Springfield - "For What It's Worth"
    Red Hot Chili Peppers RB3 Retail 5-Pack

December 15th, 2011
    Queen Extravaganza Pack 02
    Weezer Pack 04
    Cheap Trick Pack 01
    EMF - "Unbelievable"
    Janis Joplin - "Me and Bobby McGee"
    Frankie Goes to Hollywood - "Relax (Come Fighting)"
    Erasure - "A Little Respect"
    Heart - "Barracuda"
    Rufus (ft. Chaka Khan) - "Tell Me Something Good"
    James Brown - "Super Bad (Pts. 1 & 2)"
    Fall Out Boy Pack 01
    Stevie Wonder Pack 01
    Nickelback Then and Now Pack
    Rush Pack 01
    Starship - "We Built This City"

A weird first bunch of songs, but I was mainly catching up on stuff I hadn't yet gotten on Wii (I stopped buying Wii DLC at the end of June 2011 in anticipation of switching to Xbox). Five and a half years later and I've got pretty much all of it. Yikes.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    I played RB1 and 2 on Wii, and the only song I ever bought on the Nintendo marketplace was "Self Esteem" by The Offspring

When I switched over to Xbox my first purchase was Taking Back Sunday Pack 01
  • I think it was some Queen. However I'm pretty sure it was thanks to Pepsi Codes back in the day.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    My first DLC purchased was the first DLC released:

• I bought every dlc that came out the week they came out all the way up till they had the 2 Poker Face dlc. Cartman Poker Face was the first dlc I didn't buy. I bought all the dlc from there on till like the last half a year a year before dlc ended for RB3. I went back and bought some of it later. That only includes the official dlc. I only bought about 1000 or so of the RBN songs.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    I would look, but the purchase history is being iffy. I've had Rock Band since I was 14/15 (i.e. 2013), and I made purchases back then, but I can only get my history to show up until October 2015, so I have no idea what it really was -_-
  • I remember my first songs being the Boston songs, the Metallica pack, and Don't Stop Believing during the RB 2 era. I was hooked from then on. c:
  • I don't know because I can't get into that XBL account :'( which sucks because although I couldn't afford to buy a whole bunch of DLC at that time, I do have some delisted stuff sitting there (definitely Smooth Criminal and BSSM RHCP stuff). If I had to guess, the first purchase back then might have been Move Along.

How do I see the purchase history on my current XB account? On Microsoft account page, I see order history and show "all available", but I'm sure there were more prior to the ones showing there.
  • RagingRoach67RagingRoach67 Unsigned
    edited April 7
    KidSleez said:

How do I see the purchase history on my current XB account? On Microsoft account page, I see order history and show "all available", but I'm sure there were more prior to the ones showing there.

Use the https://live.xbox.com/en-US/download/history link. Make sure you re-size your browser window so you actually have scroll bars. Once you see them, more content loads when you scroll down.

Edit - I think this is only Xbox360 era purchases so if you are looking for X1 purchases, the MS page is probably it.
  • Tyrus1235 said:

On another note: I've been reading all the replies to this discussion and it's pretty cool to see many folks started with similar songs and it's also a lot of fun to read your stories about how your life was back then. From someone who started with RB recently, it's pretty neat to know how you guys started out!

Welcome to the community and thanks for starting this great thread! :)