What Was/Were Your First Ever RB DLC Purchase(s)?

Comments

• Doolittle (Album)Harmonix Music Systems, Inc
    Game 04/03/2009 --
    (Maybe my favorite album ever, and the inspiration for me going all-in on Rock Band)

Just want you to know I greatly approve of this

• PyramidHead128PyramidHead128 Opening Act
    According to my Xbox Purchase history:

2/20/2008
    Queens Of The Stone Age - "Little Sister"
    Garbage - "Why Do You Love Me"
    Stone Temple Pilots - "Sex Type Thing"
    Stone Temple Pilots - "Interstate Love Song"
    Faith No More - "We Care A Lot"
    Weezer - "Buddy Holly"
    The Police - "Roxanne"

I wish I could remember when I got the game... I doubt it it was when I got all these... :/
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    My first dlc purchases were

Happy Xmas (War is over) - John Lennon & Yoko Ono (23/12/2010)
    A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procol Harum (23/12/2010)

Good times
  • I see a bunch of you got Interstate Love Song as one of your first DLC - it was actualy one of my most recent purchases! I found out about the song fairly recently and fell in love with it. I was really happy when I found out it was part of RB's DLC library.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    I bought RB1 before it became available in Canada and had to wait an extra month before DLC could be purchased. Then I went to town.

"Fortunate Son" as made famous by CCR
    "Bang a Gong" as made famous by T. Rex
    "My Sharona" as made famous by The Knack
    The Police Pack 01
    "Heroes" as made famous by David Bowie
    "Moonage Daydream" by David Bowie
    "I Fought The Law" by The Clash
    "Buddy Holly" by Weezer
  • KidSleez said:

How do I see the purchase history on my current XB account? On Microsoft account page, I see order history and show "all available", but I'm sure there were more prior to the ones showing there.

Use the https://live.xbox.com/en-US/download/history link. Make sure you re-size your browser window so you actually have scroll bars. Once you see them, more content loads when you scroll down.

Edit - I think this is only Xbox360 era purchases so if you are looking for X1 purchases, the MS page is probably it.
    Yeah, this would be for XB1 purchases. When I look as far back as "all available" goes, I know there were others prior to the earliest one that is showing (Incubus "Wish You Were Here").
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Ah, my PC wouldn't load it, but my laptop works no problems, (thanks to RagingRoach's link) so here goes:

03/26/2013:

Rock Band Blitz Soundtrack (even at 15, I knew a good deal when I saw one)
    Bonnaroo Pack 01 (Wolf Like Me, + 2 Coheed Songs were the reasons)
    "Seize The Day" - Avenged Sevenfold
    "Best of You" - Foo Fighters (probably one of my favorite songs)
    "Seven Nation Army" - White Stripes
    "Savior" - Rise Against (my favorite band, then and now)
    "Eminence Front" - The Who

Then I found a used copy of RB2 were the 20 free pack somehow hadn't been renewed, so I renewed that.
    Then I bought the RB1 export, RB3, and around 20 other songs, the RB2 Export, and finally, my first RB3 DLC singles, "Curl of the Burl" - Mastodon, "Long Road to Ruin" - Foo Fighters, and... "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" huh? Weird. Either way, that's it, folks!
  • I hear ya, @razor63 , "Best of You" is my fave Foo Fighters song (or, rather, the best one I know from them lol). Still planning on getting "Seven Nation Army" and "Eminence Front" :D
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited April 9
    LoopyChew said:

Tyrus1235 said:

I see a bunch of you got Interstate Love Song as one of your first DLC - it was actualy one of my most recent purchases! I found out about the song fairly recently and fell in love with it. I was really happy when I found out it was part of RB's DLC library.

That song is the [expletive deleted] and easily my favorite STP song ever.

However, between your comment here and on Bizarre Love Triangle, I have no choice but to declare you the new Cipher. Don't be afraid if you develop a sudden urge to listen to nothing but Paramore; that's just a natural part of the process.
    Ah now there's a throwback to 2012 if I've ever seen one XD
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    Without checking my purchase history, I remember the first being Disturbed Pack 01, B.Y.O.B. and whatever free stuff was available in early '09. I did very random, individual purchases until late summer that year, and then went full steam ahead.
  • PS3 - "Doolittle" Album by the Pixies.

X-Bone - "Follow Me Down" by The Pretty Reckless.
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited April 10
    Metallica 3 pack
    Sabbath 3 pack (covers)
    Which were both available on release day Nov 2007

Who knew 10 years later that these would be the only 3 we would ever get :(
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    I would buy every song from both of these bands in a hearbeat
  • gaberoxgaberox Unsigned
    Arcanon said:

I've been playing RB since before launch (thanks MTV Games and HMX for sending a demo trailer to my university so I could fall in love with the game at first play) but didn't have my own copy until Christmas that year. As such, I scrounged up some cash and made my first purchases on 2/16/08:

Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)
    Wonderwall
    Queens of the Stone Age 01
    Dirty Little Secret
    Fortunate Son
    All The Small Things
    Move Along
    Black Sabbath 01
    My Sharona

Most of these I'd played on my roommate's setup before getting my copy of RB1 so I knew what I was in for.

I would get Still Alive two months later, and the Disturbed preorder pack (2/3 of Disturbed 01, bought the third later) two months after that. I cherry picked going forward due to having no money and focusing on college.

Now I have a full-time job, disposable income, and a gig bringing RB4 to at least one con per year, so I buy everything now.

Ten speed is still one of my favorite RB songs of all time to play. Great first choice! Wonderwall is always fun as well.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    gaberox said:

Arcanon said:

I've been playing RB since before launch (thanks MTV Games and HMX for sending a demo trailer to my university so I could fall in love with the game at first play) but didn't have my own copy until Christmas that year. As such, I scrounged up some cash and made my first purchases on 2/16/08:

Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)
    Wonderwall
    Queens of the Stone Age 01
    Dirty Little Secret
    Fortunate Son
    All The Small Things
    Move Along
    Black Sabbath 01
    My Sharona

Most of these I'd played on my roommate's setup before getting my copy of RB1 so I knew what I was in for.

I would get Still Alive two months later, and the Disturbed preorder pack (2/3 of Disturbed 01, bought the third later) two months after that. I cherry picked going forward due to having no money and focusing on college.

Now I have a full-time job, disposable income, and a gig bringing RB4 to at least one con per year, so I buy everything now.

Ten speed is still one of my favorite RB songs of all time to play. Great first choice! Wonderwall is always fun as well.
    Still stinks that the version we got was a cover because at the time Harmonix didn't want to use the master because of bleeding.
  • SamDakotaSamDakota Unsigned
    The first I downloaded:
    "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" 9/21/2008
    "Promised Land" 9/21/2008

The first I purchased:
    "Rio" 9/28/2008
  • Yngwie Malmsteen Pack 01
  • D1MatmanD1Matman Unsigned
    My first three DLC downloads for Rock Band ever:
    1) "El Scorcho" - Weezer
    2) "Don't Look Back in Anger" - Oasis
    3) "Wonderwall" - Oasis

Considering we are soon getting the long awaited track "Champagne Supernova" from that same great Oasis album, "(What's the Story) Morning Glory?". It's an appropriately nostalgic time for me to look again at my Xbox 360 purchase history to retrieve this info.
  • NekketsuNekketsu Opening Act
    Not counting the free songs, then Jukebox Hero followed a few minutes later by I Won't Back Down.
  • Nekketsu said:

Not counting the free songs, then Jukebox Hero followed a few minutes later by I Won't Back Down.

Now that's a song I love but can't for the life of me sing properly lol (referring to Jukebox Hero).
    I Won't Back Down is one hell of an awesome song and I wish they'd release the Free Fallin' rewind from LRB soon.
  • I remember buying Rock Band 1 in 2009 and bought the following singles.

-Mr Brightside- The Killers

-Gives You Hell- All American Rejects

-Monkey Wrench- Foo Fighters

-Smooth Criminal- Alien Ant Farm

-Spaceman- The Killers

-I Don't Care- Fallout Boy

-Sex On Fire- Kings of Leon

-Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana

-She's A Genius- Jet

-Guerilla Radio- Rage Against the Machine

-Shoot The Runner- Kasabian

Salute Your Salution- The Raconteurs

I bought one song in June 2010 (Monster by Skillet) and then I didn't buy another one for five years until I bought Rock Band 3 in prep for Rock Band 4. That's when my DLC purchasing really took off.
  • @Tranquilbez22 I really wish I'd gotten that Smooth Criminal cover back when it was available!
  • edited April 16
    My first DLC purchases:

1. Tokio Hotel - Monsoon (my GF loves that song, a shame is still on the "It might return someday" list.
    2. Oasis - Wonderwall
    3. Pearl Jam - The fixer

Then ran for the free songs as soon I found there were some.
  • My PS3 was offline for the start, but I got Metallica first.
  • SKYLAR7SKYLAR7 Unsigned
    My first DLC purchases (all were purchased on 8-2-2008) according to my Playstation account are:

Snow ((Hey Oh)) - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    All the Small Things - Blink 182
    Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots
    Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
    Wonderwall - Oasis
    Move Along - All-American Rejects
    Tell Me Baby - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffet
    Volcano - Jimmy Buffet
    This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race - Fall Out Boy
    Siva - Smashing Pumpkins
  • saosao Opening Act
    My first was the Metallica pack in May or June of 2008. I only know the date because I got RB4 a few days ago and was redownloading everything for my PS4.

Normally I bought these games day 1 but I was slow on this one.

Hell, I'm slow here. I haven't posted in god knows how many years,
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    meck77 said:

Metallica 3 pack
    Sabbath 3 pack (covers)
    Which were both available on release day Nov 2007

Who knew 10 years later that these would be the only 3 we would ever get :(

Well that definitely wasn't their original intent. Pretty early on, they announced "career spanning" Metallica DLC (I'd guess one of those big 12 song packs like CCR, The Doors, and The Who got), but when Activision announced GH: Metallica, it got scrapped. I think the RB2 setlist was already set in place, hence why we kept Battery (and why no Metallica exported from RB1 or 2).

As for Sabbath, who the hell knows. There's possibly no masters for their first two albums (hence the covers). We know Master of Reality has masters since 4 songs off of it were in Guitar Hero (3 as DLC, 1 in GHWOR)
  • 05/23/08
    All The Small Things - Blink 182
    Also Still Alive - Glados, but that was free so not sure that counts.