Ps3 Won The Console War!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leftover_crackleftover_crack Road Warrior
edited February 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
they are making a twisted metal for ps3

and it is being made by david jaffe (the person that made tm1,tm2,tm black and tm head on)

http://kotaku.com/353706/jaffe-ps3-twisted-metal-next-project

haha

all u 360 fan boys that were alive during the 5th video game generation just got owned

Comments

• leftover_crackleftover_crack Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Quiksilver326;307198 said:
    I was talking about the topic title.
    well what tm game did u play?
  • Quiksilver326Quiksilver326 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    All of them, they're not that great.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    You make me look bad.. (ps3 owner)
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited February 2008
    wow twisted metal has always been pretty.......well lets just say, boring.

at least come up with a better reason to support the lie.
  • TzacharuTzacharu Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    OMG TWISTED METAL FOR PS3 IM GONNA BUY ONE NOw.

You kidding me?
  • QuinarvyQuinarvy Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    You make us PS3 owners look bad.
  • TheBatman9111TheBatman9111 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    What makes ONE GAME being made winning the console war?

As much as I hate Halo, it would still most likely outsell any new release TM game made.

Sony will win the console war when 1) they buy microsoft and nintendo or 2) Buy the rights to every game studio and publisher and disallow the publication of games on systems other than itself

Grow up, kid. Nobody really cares which console wins. We play games and have fun.

My family has a 360, Wii, ps2, and ds. We will buy a ps3 for a blu ray player when the market price hits $300 and includes backwards compatability. Examples such as this prove that there can be an overall stalemate.

Edit:
    More examples...

My brother in law and sister had a 360 first then bought a Wii. They hated the Wii and traded it for a ps3. They play both consoles equally.

Another friend owns all 3 consoles and wrote a LONG detailed blog comparing all the consoles and features. Each has their own value, perks, top features, and low features. In the end, it all came down to personal preference.
  • gocryemokidgocryemokid Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    leftover_crack;306743 said:
    they are making a twisted metal for ps3

and it is being made by david jaffe (the person that made tm1,tm2,tm black and tm head on)

http://kotaku.com/353706/jaffe-ps3-twisted-metal-next-project

haha

all u 360 fan boys that were alive during the 5th video game generation just got owned
    OMG ! What will we do now! I guess we just have to stick with Halo 3 and the better end of the stick for Rock Band. Rats. I really wanted to drive around in stupid cars blowing people up.
  • Teh_Nfsjunkie91Teh_Nfsjunkie91 Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    No one will ever win the "console war." Plain fact of life, there's never going to be one console that everyone HAS TO HAVE.

Plus, what the hell, this game is nowhere near a trump-card for the PS3. I'd feel much more compelled to buy a PS3 for either Uncharted or Resistance 2
  • cdoe001cdoe001 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    first and second were good but then they just made it cartoon style and the series got boring hope he goes back to the Grim style of the first game...
  • Luvac ZantorLuvac Zantor Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Does anyone here really care????

"My console is better than your console" blah blah,, such pointless discussions.

Do you enjoy your console and games? you do? HOORAY!!!! That means you bought the right console FOR YOU!!!!

Any more arguing on this topic is a pointless pissing match, and all we are are consumers, it's not like we have any pride in DEVELOPING the system or had anything to do with it's achievements. All we can say is we "picked" one.... weeeeeeeeeee.

*goes and plays commodore64 games*
  • whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited February 2008
    Luvac Zantor;308647 said:
    Does anyone here really care????

"My console is better than your console" blah blah,, such pointless discussions.

Do you enjoy your console and games? you do? HOORAY!!!! That means you bought the right console FOR YOU!!!!

Any more arguing on this topic is a pointless pissing match, and all we are are consumers, it's not like we have any pride in DEVELOPING the system or had anything to do with it's achievements. All we can say is we "picked" one.... weeeeeeeeeee.

*goes and plays commodore64 games*
    Too true.

Besides, what's this Twisted Metal you talk about?

In my mind Sega won the console war with Aztec Adventure. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be returning to my Sega Master System, the best console system ever developed......

*Please note the sacasm there. While I do own a SMS and love it dearly, it's not the best system ever developed. Console wars are useless and trolling like this is completely unnecessary. Since when was a console war ever won by a single game? If that were the case the following would have happened (and proposes some interesting alternate history questions):
    8-bit Generation: Won decidedly for the NES because of Legend of Zelda (i.e. no other company would have sprung out of the 8-bit generation)
    16-bit Generation: Won decidedly for the Genesis because of Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    32/64-bit Generation: Won decidedly for the N64 because of Ocarina Of Time
    Last Generation: Won decidedly for the X-box because of Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2
    This Generation: Won decidedly (so far) for the X-Box 360 because of Halo 3

Hmmmmmm..... Seeing there is still console wars going on right now, I don't think any of this happened
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Teh_Nfsjunkie91;308530 said:
    No one will ever win the "console war." Plain fact of life, there's never going to be one console that everyone HAS TO HAVE.

Plus, what the hell, this game is nowhere near a trump-card for the PS3. I'd feel much more compelled to buy a PS3 for either Uncharted or Resistance 2
    And you wouldn't regret that decision, I can at least vouch for Uncharted.

Also agree with you on your "Trump-card" comment. Twisted Metal???? who the hell cares!! give me: MGS4, little big planet or FF13.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited February 2008
    It sure did. (*Just found out how to download music videos to his PS3 and needs a bigger hard drive now*...even get to pick the vid icon)

Twisted Metal is great. It probably helped Sony get this far.
  • KishkumenKishkumen Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I just want to add that I find this thread quite amusing. Saying the PS3 won because of a single game release would be like saying HD-DVD won because it got Batman Begins. I really loved that movie, and yet that wasn't enough to make me buy an HD DVD player, because I felt Blu-Ray was the better option. So yeah, I am a PS3 owner because it's the system that works best for me. And fortunately, I'm not at war with anyone about my choice!
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    I expected this thread to be about Xbox 360's recent price drop on the HD-DVD periph. Instead I get a good laugh about Twisted Metal being a game anyone cares about.
  • FallenAceFallenAce Eater of Fine Cheeses
    edited February 2008
    This thread should be conducted more in the manner the OP expected.

Xbox360-me: Nooooooooo! I'm so pwned! Without the "Twisted Metal" franchise, Xbox will surely fail! What have I done, purchasing this console?!

PS3-me: Haha! I am clearly the victor here! News of this will destroy the hopes of Xbox 360 owners everywhere! Free at last!
  • leftover_crackleftover_crack Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    whofan;308696 said:

32/64-bit Generation: Won decidedly for the N64 because of Ocarina Of Time
    Last Generation: Won decidedly for the X-box because of Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2
    This Generation: Won decidedly (so far) for the X-Box 360 because of Halo 3

wtf are u talking about

ps1 had the most games/best games (crash bandicoot series, spyro series, twisted metal series)

ps2 sold more than 5x the amount of xbox sold and had gh1 and has more the 5x exclusives(halo sucks)

ps3 has uncharted, haze, twisted metal(unreleased),ratchet and clank future, resistance series, gran turismo 5, unreal tounament 3, god of war 3 (unreleased), time splitters 4 and warhawk and ps3's online is free and has no lag and most of all it will have littlebigplanet (best platformer game ever)

when all 360 has is gears of war (sequal is coming to ps3) dead rising (sequel is coming to ps3), halo 3 (average shooter game) and halo wars(unreleased) and u have to pay for online play

so what else does 360 have that ps3 doesnt that is actually good?
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    take your fanboy **** elsewhere.

and neither gears of war 2 or dead rising 2 are going to ps3 (as far as we know). where are you getting your awful info?

Halo 3 is an awesome game. Yea blah blah blah Killzone 2, a sequel to a very medicore game. Not saying it won't be good, but we'll see.

Youre the type of fan I hate. Stop being an immature punk looking to cause "havoc" on an internet forum.
  • JaegerJaeger Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    No, no one ever wins the console wars, not in the first generation, second generation, not the third, fourth, fifth, or however many there have been. All the consoles have their pros and cons. The only loser in these "console wars" are people like you who want to drag people's and company's names through the mud for no reason. Just shut up.
  • ThallisThallis Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    whofan;308696 said:
    I don't care who wins the console war, but That comment is just plain stupid. Ps2 is the best selling system in history.
  • The_WurmThe_Wurm Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Thallis;309927 said:
    I don't care who wins the console war. Ps2 is the best selling system in history.
    lol, Contradiction.
  • WolvklawzWolvklawz Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    No offense but the day Twisted Metal actually determines which console I buy or which console will be the "Console of consoles" is the day I hang up my controller.

Fanboy I am not, but theres nothing NOTHING on the PS3 worth a damn. At this point I have invested far too much into the 360 and I am loving it, I don't need to start over. But regardless the above statement holds true, if Final Fantasy being exclusive on the PS3 couldn't sell me then nothing will.
  • NimRot75NimRot75 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    i thought that this was supposedly ps3 won the war. don't think so 360 is better. sony won't do what bill gates n microsoft will do to please there customers. sony doesn't give a sh*t bout there people. there no where near 360 online status.
  • stunner1210stunner1210 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    I loved the Twisted Metal franchise, but I'm not rushing out to buy a PS3 now. I want to buy one, I just need a reason to finally get one. There are certainly games that the PS3 has that I would love to play but I'm not ready to shell out a bunch of money for one or two games.

But lawl at console wars. They make the intranets go 'round.
  • xBRONCOSxBRONCOS Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    NimRot75;310371 said:
    i thought that this was supposedly ps3 won the war. don't think so 360 is better. sony won't do what bill gates n microsoft will do to please there customers. sony doesn't give a sh*t bout there people. there no where near 360 online status.
    360 old news...... ps3 future get use to it fanboy

when you say sony dosen't give a sh*t about there people you shot yourself in the foot. Obiviously you dont know what microsoft did to the original 360 they moved on forgetting about it. Wow now thats some company that dosen;'give a sh*t about there people who cant afford new-gen. If im correct there is still tons of games coming out for the ps2 like rock band, gh3 etc. At least when i bought my ps3 i did not have to worry about buying a hard drive, wireless cord, membership fees, etc. I got all that i needed.
    So before you start talking about Sony doesn't care about their people get your facts straight. I win
  • BearclawBearclaw Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    leftover_crack;309452 said:
    wtf are u talking about

ps1 had the most games/best games (crash bandicoot series, spyro series, twisted metal series)

ps2 sold more than 5x the amount of xbox sold and had gh1 and has more the 5x exclusives(halo sucks)

ps3 has uncharted, haze, twisted metal(unreleased),ratchet and clank future, resistance series, gran turismo 5, unreal tounament 3, god of war 3 (unreleased), time splitters 4 and warhawk and ps3's online is free and has no lag and most of all it will have littlebigplanet (best platformer game ever)

when all 360 has is gears of war (sequal is coming to ps3) dead rising (sequel is coming to ps3), halo 3 (average shooter game) and halo wars(unreleased) and u have to pay for online play

so what else does 360 have that ps3 doesnt that is actually good?
    He was speaking hypothetically, perhaps you should read his small statement above...
    whofan said:
    Since when was a console war ever won by a single game? If that were the case the following would have happened (and proposes some interesting alternate history questions)
    All he was saying is that these consoles "won their generation" with a single great game. Whether or not you agree that N64 is better than PS1 (so is...) is not the situation he is posing to you. He is just making a statement that makes about as much sense as the OP's statement.
  • RustypigRustypig Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I own a ps3 and this idiot is giving everyone who does own a ps3 a bad name, all the twisted metal games are terrible. without exception. if you want a reason to own a ps3, try FFXIII, MGS4, Killzone 2, Uncharted, Little big planet, you sir are what is commonly reffered to as a pillock.

With regards to the "console war"
    There is no definitive way to say who "won" or "is winning" any "console war", however i will look at sales:
    The ps3 has to date sold (end of January 2008 sold 10.49 million units)
    The 360 has to date sold (end of January 2008 sold 17.7 million units)

this means that atm the 360 is "winning" this DOES NOT make the 360 better than the ps3 and for the record, the wii has vastly outsold both, (20.13 million units)

Now plz stop this pointless retarded bickering: "arguing on the internet is like competing in the paralympics, even if you win, your still retarded"

oh and ps. one more thing to consider, the ps3 did outsell the 360 last year (2007), 7.3million 360s to 8.8 million ps3s, should this trend continue the ps3 may take the "lead" however the 360 is still on top for now.
  • hellninjahellninja Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    there was another 360? wow u must know everything and be correct about every FACT u state , u definatley win.
  • hellninjahellninja Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    i love how everyone wants to stand up for their favourite system, even though each system does have faults but no one wants to admit it.
    i have both 360 and ps3 , they both are great systems, i just really feal that there is no real must have reason for the ps3 right now, maybe when all the great games that are suposed to be awsome are finally made, then you can start praising sony but dammit wait for the games to even come out, i love this praying u ps3 lovers do,(little big planet will be the greatest game ever or killzone will win the war, did u see the suposed vid of it like 3 years ago, its gotta be even better now).
    look 360 right now is the better system, more games, more BETTER games, i have no problem with live, i think live is the **** i can find my friends, talk to em , send em lewd pictures.
    why is there even this flame war on this site to begin with.
    i say if your lovin rock band then we all love rock band therefor we should all just get along and rock out.