Would you pay more for DLC?

Comments

• Nope.
    I'd only pay $3 for Led Zeppelin and even then not every song.
    As is, I only turn the game on anymore when there's new DLC I want. That'd just make me not play the game at all anymore. Mostly because RB 4 is still a mere shell of RB 3 which itself was a shell of RB 2.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

Nope.
    As is, I only turn the game on anymore when there's new DLC I want. That'd just make me not play the game at all anymore. Mostly because RB 4 is still a mere shell of RB 3 which itself was a shell of RB 2.

I'm with ya on the second part. I'll probably load up the game when I buy Bizarre Love Triangle and Champagne Supernova, but I've totally lost interest in Rivals mode. Rockudrama was fun, but I've already played through it twice. :\
  • Studdz... PS4 Canadians are already paying $2.99 per.

Me, I happily paid $2.99 years ago for The Tragically Hip's "Blow at High Dough". I don't mind evaluating each purchase on "Is this specific song worth this specific asking price to me", and obviously there will be some songs that I would balk at $3... and some I'd pay more for. I would rather not think of what I'd be wiling to pay for Supper's Ready. Or Paranoid Android.

For a 23 minute epic like Suppers Ready I'd pay up to £10
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    Well, considering a song on iTunes is $1.29 and right now they're only asking for 70¢ more, I wouldn't mind. For all of the immersion you get plus all the work they have to do, I see $2.50 or $3 per song as pretty reasonable.

Well, considering a song on iTunes is $1.29 and right now they're only asking for 70¢ more, I wouldn't mind. For all of the immersion you get plus all the work they have to do, I see $2.50 or $3 per song as pretty reasonable.

I think $2.50 is reasonable, $3 is pushing it.
  • aimsmallmismallaimsmallmismall Unsigned
    edited April 12
    tdc002 said:

I think $2.50 is reasonable, $3 is pushing it.
    This is the answer.

Like others have mentioned, I wish I'd have stocked up more during the $1 sale.. While I did buy a ton then, there's still a lot of songs that are only worth $1 to me - for instance, tons of the country tracks.. The majority of those were in that sale.. I don't even really like country, but a lot of my friends do, and I like to entertain.. So those were worth a buck to me and I didn't pull the trigger.. Now when I look at those songs in my wishlist, I just can't justify $2 for them.

If HMX would run another sale for all RB-RB3 DLC FOR $1, I'd gladly pay $2.50-3.00 for all RB4 content from here on out.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

I paid three dollars for Atomic by Blondie and also for that other one.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    depends on the song. period. If I don't like it, I am not getting if its free. If I like it, I'd pay a few bucks for it for sure.
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    If it was better than some of this pop we are getting and weren't stuck to getting these rewind tracks counting as 1, sometimes 2, of the "new" tracks, sure I would.
  • I would pay more for bands who are demanding more for their songs. These are the prices I would pay per song that would also make sense by licensing fees:

$2 for Ed Sheeran
    $5 for Journey
    $50 for Metallica
    $1,000 for Led Zeppelin
    $50,000 for The Wiggles

I'm sure somebody out there would give their left nut for the Barney song...
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    No, I would not pay more.
  • saosao Opening Act
    I would have to really like the song. I don't play the game like I used to. When I was younger and had people over more I would buy a lot to get a better mix of songs for everyone.

Seeing that it's just me playing I'm a little more picky. There are definitely some artists I would pay more for though, for sure.

I'd do anything for some 18 Visions.
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    I tried contacting them to get them into RBN... they never replied :(

It's been a while since we've gotten any real update on the state of Rock Band. Last year, we got that Road Map of what they were working on. This year, we have no idea if they even have anything planned.

The last update was only month ago, but all in all, it just added a handful of Rock Shop items and a bunch of songs nobody's heard of or wanted. There weren't even any bug fixes.
    ummm... okay?
  • @tdc002 I think you misunderstood the comment. From what I gathered, @wafflerevolution tried contacting 18 Visions back when RBN was still alive but there was no reply. This isn't about trying to get RBN back.
  • I would pay $10 per song for any song from Songs About Jane

@tdc002 I think you misunderstood the comment. From what I gathered, @wafflerevolution tried contacting 18 Visions back when RBN was still alive but there was no reply. This isn't about trying to get RBN back.

this.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    KKFan5 said:

I would pay $10 per song for any song from Songs About Jane

I was going to say "even [insert worse song on album?!]", but upon checking the track list, those are all solid songs. I forgot how much I liked that album, I probably haven't listened to it front to back in about a decade.

@tdc002 I think you misunderstood the comment. From what I gathered, @wafflerevolution tried contacting 18 Visions back when RBN was still alive but there was no reply. This isn't about trying to get RBN back.

lol, yeah I did haha
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    I think the price has been spot on from the beginning and shouldn't be changed.

If it increases to say, the cost of Rocksmith DLC, I'd be more likely to cherry pick and only buy songs I definitely know i'm going to enjoy. And if several people do this, then Harmonix could lose out.
  • saosao Opening Act

Good thing is they are working on a new album for later this year. They posted a snippet of it online. I'm pumped. It's basically like the new stuff (sound wise, as no vocals were in the snippet).
  • sao said:

I'd do anything for some 18 Visions.

Wow, that's a band I haven't thought about in a long time! I have their self titled album, but couldn't remember the stand out songs. Victim brought it all back! :) I would love some 18 Visions too.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    I would pay $3 for DLC, but I would only buy songs I really liked at that point.

My criteria for buying DLC these days is basically "Does it sound cool?/Have I heard it before?/Do I like the band?/Do any of my friends like it?/Do I think it would be good at parties?" if "yes" to any of those and I don't absolutely despise the song then I'll buy it. I end up with a lot of songs I never play that way, but I like it like that, I like have a big collection so when someone new is forced to play it because that's all I do when I invite people over tries it out they'll have all the options they could want.

If DLC had been $3 already I would've probably bought less than 10 songs in 2017 so far (not including Rewind), where I have bought about 24ish by my count at $2.