Would you pay more for DLC?

Comments

• I'll pay 2.50.
  • El ZombieEl Zombie Unsigned
    Nahh, I'm good at the current price.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I paid $3 for more than just Atomic and the Dandy Warhols songs, I paid $3 for plenty of pro guitar/bass upgraded songs! And by plenty, I mean "all but maybe 20".
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited April 20

I paid $3 for more than just Atomic and the Dandy Warhols songs, I paid $3 for plenty of pro guitar/bass upgraded songs! And by plenty, I mean "all but maybe 20".

That got me thinking, how many pro guitar/bass upgrades were there total?

The only pro upgrades I had were the three from that pre-order DLC. I got the pro guitar, (probably like a year into owning RB3) and was just terrible at it (could never make the jump from Easy to Medium, guitar felt unnatural).

[EDIT]
    Never mind, I figured it out. 248, including pro upgrades to legacy DLC.
  • For some reason, 118 came to mind.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    About 330 total songs with pro g/b, including the on-disc songs.
  • Wait, how did you guys get Atomic? I searched for it (even on RBDB) and couldn't find it! That's one awesome Blondie song I really wish I had on Rock Band!
  • Tyrus1235 said:

Wait, how did you guys get Atomic? I searched for it (even on RBDB) and couldn't find it! That's one awesome Blondie song I really wish I had on Rock Band!

Atomic was RBN
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    The only time I paid more than $2 retail for specific DLC was Atomic and Bohemian Like You on RBN, and that was after the constant stream of music dried up. I suppose technically AC/DC was more than $2/track (being $40 for 18 songs) but I consider Track Packs to be different beasts.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Tyrus1235 said:

Wait, how did you guys get Atomic? I searched for it (even on RBDB) and couldn't find it! That's one awesome Blondie song I really wish I had on Rock Band!

Atomic and "Bohemian Like You" by The Dandy Warhols were two big, early RBN songs that were released for $3, then suddenly pulled from the in-game store. Even though they were pulled from the store though, you could still find them on Xbox.com. They might still be available on Xbox.com, actually.
    LoopyChew said:

I suppose technically AC/DC was more than $2/track (being $40 for 18 songs) but I consider Track Packs to be different beasts.

Lol, I found my copy of AC/DC Live in 2012 the bargain bin at K-Mart for $2.99.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited April 21
    tdc002 said:

LoopyChew said:

I suppose technically AC/DC was more than $2/track (being $40 for 18 songs) but I consider Track Packs to be different beasts.

Lol, I found my copy of AC/DC Live in 2012 the bargain bin at K-Mart for $2.99.
    European life means you grab Rock Band stuff when you can.
  • ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned
    Tyrus1235 said:

If you still have a 360 and RB3... Atomic

Enjoy!
  • edited April 23
    Zenzuki said:

Tyrus1235 said:

If you still have a 360 and RB3... Atomic

Enjoy!
    Ah, how unfortunate that I only have a PS3 RB3... But thanks for the link! Maybe someone here with a 360 could get it!
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    If raising the price of songs by 50c to $1 means more songs will be released by Harmonix, I say do it. It may make some of us more selective in what we buy (we really have to like the song to buy it), but if it results in more music being made available to choose from, that can only be a good thing.

Rock Band DLC is currently $2.95 a song here in Australia, so any minimal increase would still cheaper be than Rocksmith that's a whopping $4.55 per song.
  • TheMuralsTheMurals Unsigned
    Graffin said:

If raising the price of songs by 50c to $1 means more songs will be released by Harmonix, I say do it. It may make some of us more selective in what we buy (we really have to like the song to buy it), but if it results in more music being made available to choose from, that can only be a good thing.

Rock Band DLC is currently $2.95 a song here in Australia, so any minimal increase would still cheaper be than Rocksmith that's a whopping $4.55 per song.

Keep in mind that a $1 increase to the base US price is equal to a 50% increase worldwide (the prices are scaled automatically). That would mean that in Australia, the price would go up [2.95 * 1.5 = 4.425] and round to $4.45 or $4.55, which would be "whopping" as you said.
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    I would pay more for songs that I really like but for songs that I'm on the edge of buying I wouldn't buy with a higher price. So I would be buying a lot less.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    TheMurals said:

Graffin said:

Keep in mind that a $1 increase to the base US price is equal to a 50% increase worldwide (the prices are scaled automatically). That would mean that in Australia, the price would go up [2.95 * 1.5 = 4.425] and round to $4.45 or $4.55, which would be "whopping" as you said.
    I meant, I wouldn't mind paying an extra 50cents to $1 for DLC if there was more of it.

In other words, instead of the $2.95 I pay now, I would be happy to pay $3.45 or even $3.95.

Hell, i'd even pay $4.55 if it meant I got just a couple of my requested songs (no prizes for guessing what). In Rocksmith it only gives you guitar and bass (and okay, a poor vocals engine not really comparable to a karaoke game), at least in Rock Band, a song gives you more parts for your money, so i'd still consider $4.55 good value for a Rock Band song (and yes, I do own Rocksmith too, but i'm rather selective with what songs I buy for that).