Five things YOU want for the hypothetical final RB4 update

Comments

• Mikey35Mikey35 Rising Star
    How about a fast forward option so we dont have to wait to get into a song when playing single player? Nothing worse than sitting there for 2 mins waiting. I see a large number to start I quit and move to another song.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    1. PS4 stuttering fix
    1a. Fixes to PS4 stuttering
    1b. Stuttering eliminated on PS4
    1c. Smooth PS4 gameplay experience

2. Vocal options (static vocals, volume controls from controller while in-song)

3. Blitz mode

4. Select/Deselect All option in filters

5. In the spirit of opening up accessibility, LEGO RB-style "Super Easy" difficulty
  • 1. Online Matchmaking
    2. Further improved to calibration that stays consistent
    3. RBN songs transferable to RB4
    4. Show mode for online
    5. Enhancements to song sorting. For example if I only want classic rock I need to go into sorting and disable all other genres first which is tedious and stupid.
  • @akuiken98 I'm not certain but I think @Mikey35 may be talking about the setup where songs like Somebody to Love by Queen have a long wait time before the first guitar chart note. If that is the case, what they're suggesting is something like in RB1 where for Foreplay/Long Time solo vocals you had the song start just before the first guitar solo (about 2:30 into the song) rather than at the beginning.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Hopefully by the time the final patch rolls around, a lot of the things we're asking for have long since been implemented. :-)
  • Bauer91Bauer91 Unsigned
    All are essential for the "ultimate" Rock Band experience for me but never fixing the first two would be unacceptable:

1) The stuttering on PS4. I often have to restart the game to fix this.
    2) 99% solo glitch on PS4. It's where you FC the solo but it only shows up as 99%, affects a ton of songs.
    3) Bring back the RBN songs already released on both Xbox 360 and PS3.
    4) Don't tie OD to the audio calibration numbers, it makes guitar and bass scores meaningless.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    To be as fair as possible, I think some people are being just a little paranoid at present with the lifespan of this game. Supposedly not helped with staff lay-offs, little to no news on game updates, much reduced new DLC music being released; yet small fry titles are being announced left right and centre.

I don't think Harmonix are in any difficulty and I don't think they will end Rock Band anytime soon, but they are very ambitious given they aren't as big as many game developers. I guess on the areas that people like to be kept up to date on are feeling a bit left out.

I think they are simply trying to adapt with changing times both in the music world and in the video game world. I believe if it was going to end anytime soon, they wouldn't keep offering up the free content.

Anyway....back onto topic. The 5 features/fixes I'd like are:

- Dolby Digital support
    - toggle sorting titles of songs under artist instead of album/track number order.
    - correct or improve volume on some songs.
    - online: more than 1 instrument per console
    And
    -matchmaking!
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    as far as i'm concerned, things like RBN songs coming back, or fixing entitlement issues, don't count because they aren't part of an update. we don't get entitlement fixes or old DLC back in updates, we get them through the normal DLC channels. in other words, i want those things too, but i'm not wasting one of my 5 slots on them.

bug fixes shouldn't really count either, but those do come as part of an update, and there's no guarantee they'll ever be fixed. and sometimes there's a gray area of what is a bug vs. what is a feature. the PS4 stuttering is obviously a bug, so it should be fixed regardless of whether it's part of an update or a bug fix on its own.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    The last sentence of his post ("I see a large number to start I quit and move to another song.") is what strongly suggests it's the measures countdown timer he's referring to.

But there's no way they'd ever 'fix' this. Sure, it sucks to fire up Grenade and see a 65 measure countdown before your first note, or 33 excruciatingly long measures at the start of Bohemian Rhapsody. But they're not about to just skip past the first verse(s) of a song.
  • Mikey35Mikey35 Rising Star
    Sorry people I was refferring to having no instrument part for a period of time. Id love to be able to fast forward to my first part if Im playing alone.
  • revczarrevczar Unsigned
    ive read the PS4 has a stuttering problem
    but ive been suffering it on both my Xbox One Day One and Gears Xbox One S
    its not all the time but it does get the timing off

and 2-5 bring back Metallica songs and every DLC that has been bought before they were removed
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    1.Fix broken vocals.
    2.Fix broken vocals.
    3.Fix broken vocals.
    4.Fix broken vocals.
    5.Fix broken vocals.
  • akuiken98 said:

nuttzo31 said:

1.Fix broken vocals.
    2.Fix broken vocals.
    3.Fix broken vocals.
    4.Fix broken vocals.
    5.Fix broken vocals.

What is wrong with vocals?
    There are a few tracks that are broken, I'm not going to list them all but they exist
  • edited April 13
    KKFan5 said:

akuiken98 said:

nuttzo31 said:

1.Fix broken vocals.
    2.Fix broken vocals.
    3.Fix broken vocals.
    4.Fix broken vocals.
    5.Fix broken vocals.

There are a few tracks that are broken, I'm not going to list them all but they exist
    Broken how? I don't think I've noticed that... Unless you mean when certain songs some times don't scroll up/down properly. Like, high notes end up being outside of the visible field (or the opposite with low notes). That said, I haven't noticed that bug in quite a while (probably some months).

EDIT: There's also the stupid broken talkies, which is when they decide they won't work for no reason at all.
  • Tyrus1235 said:

KKFan5 said:

akuiken98 said:

nuttzo31 said:

1.Fix broken vocals.
    2.Fix broken vocals.
    3.Fix broken vocals.
    4.Fix broken vocals.
    5.Fix broken vocals.

Broken how? I don't think I've noticed that... Unless you mean when certain songs some times don't scroll up/down properly. Like, high notes end up being outside of the visible field (or the opposite with low notes). That said, I haven't noticed that bug in quite a while (probably some months).

EDIT: There's also the stupid broken talkies, which is when they decide they won't work for no reason at all.
    congratulations you said what is wrong with vocals, all of what you mentioned still exists, which are still broken
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    KKFan5 said:

akuiken98 said:

nuttzo31 said:

1.Fix broken vocals.
    2.Fix broken vocals.
    3.Fix broken vocals.
    4.Fix broken vocals.
    5.Fix broken vocals.

Also the sensitivity and the lack of volume when singing.

You can't even breathe into the mic or you set off overdrive.
  • tragedy719tragedy719 Unsigned
    nuttzo31 said:

KKFan5 said:

akuiken98 said:

nuttzo31 said:

1.Fix broken vocals.
    2.Fix broken vocals.
    3.Fix broken vocals.
    4.Fix broken vocals.
    5.Fix broken vocals.

Also the sensitivity and the lack of volume when singing.

You can't even breathe into the mic or you set off overdrive.
    Yeah but according to some that's a non-issue because they've learned to live with it
  • gaberoxgaberox Unsigned
    I've had not one single instance of stuttering playing on my new PS4 pro. This is for solo and full band play locally and online. Even with individual track speeds for each player as I use 1.75 breakneck mostly and many people I play with use Normal speed and some like a faster highway. i often play for 10 hrs or more as well. Maybe it's the boost feature or I'm lucky as I was notorious for lagging on my PS3.

But back on topic, restoring the depth of character and instrument customizations of rb2 and 3 is my main wish as well as exporting my RBN songs. Random matchmaking and multiple local players online is right up there as well. Pretty typical wish list for me. Otherwise I'm actually a lot happier with the game than I was expecting after a lot of the complaints I've read and heard.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    Nobody asked for a new RBN yet?
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    edited April 16
    1) Controller OD deploy only on vocals (turning down your music to not have OD deploy is counter-rock)
    2) Displaying only shared WC DLC when playing with crew members online (the re-emergence of the non-shared DLC fiasco)
    3) Volume/mixing levels standardized (many songs sound great and full while others from the same album can sound empty and hollow)
    4) Online matchmaking/multiple instruments on same console etc etc (etc etc)
    5) Venue selection (cause it coulda shoulda been already)
  • 1. Pinkerton
    2. Blitz
    3. RBN
    4. Ability to make my character fatter like myself.
    5. "Any Way You Want It"
  • albert_24albert_24 Unsigned
    I upgraded to a ps4 pro and the stuttering is practically gone.

1. The ability to pick our own venue would be awesome.
    2. The ability to have a spectator mode where I can create a set list and let it play and load the next song on its own.
    3. The ability to create solos and have them be charted into songs. So for example I go into freestyle mode and a solo section comes up. I can make a solo on the fly. Then an option to save it to a song and have it charted so its the same every time.
    4. More customization.
    5. The End by the Doors. Or When the Music over. Both would be a fitting song to go out on.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    jibjqrkl said:

Nobody asked for a new RBN yet?

I really hope they can find a way to bring back RBN. Xbox has that new Creators Program, hopefully something can come of that. As long as we're only getting 1 or 2 new songs a week, RBN could let the community pick up the slack, for lack of a better term.

Hell, that's what was intended after RB3 DLC stopped, but then Xbox switched from Microsoft points to actual currency and it totally bricked RBN.
  • This thread didn't seem optimistic regarding a new RBN happening:
    http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/282067/new-xbox-live-creators-program-a-way-back-for-rbn/p1

That said, my biggest hope on the RBN front would be legacy entitlements.

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

This thread didn't seem optimistic regarding a new RBN happening:
    http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/282067/new-xbox-live-creators-program-a-way-back-for-rbn/p1

That said, my biggest hope on the RBN front would be legacy entitlements.

I know it wasn't optimistic. I made the thread!

I've given up on hoping for old RBN songs to port over. We still don't even have delisted official DLC yet.