Comments

• edited April 16

1. Online Matchmaker
    2. More to Avatar Customization
    3. Blitz Mode
    4. Online Tour Mode
    5. Uh... Online Matchmaker

Fixed for you. :p
  • RE: People who are impatient with long breaks. 5 things you can do while in a 50+ bar wait:

1. Clean up your apartment/room/house
    2. Cook dinner
    3. Make drinks for the rest of your band
    4. Finish your PhD dissertation
    5. Save the whales
    Yeah, I think I could cook dinner for a whole family during the second vocal break in Metropolis Pt. 1 lol

• Save the whales

I'm trying to find this south park clip where they're playing Rock Band and one of them tells them to save the whales lol
  • albert_24 said:

I upgraded to a ps4 pro and the stuttering is practically gone.

Point that the Pro users are missing is that we shouldn't have to...
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star

albert_24 said:

I upgraded to a ps4 pro and the stuttering is practically gone.

Point that the Pro users are missing is that we shouldn't have to...
    Exactly.

Though I'm still not convinced the Pro itself is resolving the issue. I'd swear I've seen a couple posts around here of Pro owners still having stuttering. I'd have to look around for though.
  • tiagosouzatiagosouza Unsigned
    1 Character customization
    2 Online Matchmaking
    3 StageKit Support
    4 Mic Sensibility Control
    5 Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks dlc back...

• MightyQuinMightyQuin Unsigned
    1. Fix the stuttering on PS4 (not sure if that's been mentioned already or not!)

2. Show instrument difficulties next to each song title on the "Vote for song" screen

3. Band logo creator

4. Music importer - import own songs and be able create custom chart to play along, or just play along freestyle (drums / singing at least)

5. Additional Challenges in career like RB3 (e.g. spotlight handoff), in addition to the existing instrument ones
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    For the final Rock Band 4 update, I would want a Blitz version added that allows us to keep playing the game even though the PS5 and XboxTwo have been released and no more "last generation" instruments will be produced. So ... in 2022.

For all of the updates that take place before that ... yeah, there are lots of good ideas above. Useful tweaks and essential bug fixes for those that have them.

For calibration, I've only had issues [lately] when switching instruments, or having a different user select their instrument first. I conclude that the new instrument was calibrated last on a different TV (or never calibrated at all for that user). There may never be a "simple" solution to this issue but having the game indicate that calibration figures have been overridden would be a useful feature for me.

For other people, the calibration issue has never been simple, and isn't explained by "new user / new TV", and that situation is surely a nightmare.

I've only had stuttering issues once [knocks on wood] but the new PS4 system seems to be having issues with everything [WiFi connectivity]. I'm not sure whether this is good news [Harmonix did nothing wrong, and Sony will fix all of this eventually] or bad news [modern consoles are hopelessly complicated and it's literally impossible to have a game run without glitches].
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Tyrus1235 said:

RE: People who are impatient with long breaks. 5 things you can do while in a 50+ bar wait:

1. Clean up your apartment/room/house
    2. Cook dinner
    3. Make drinks for the rest of your band
    4. Finish your PhD dissertation
    5. Save the whales
    Yeah, I think I could cook dinner for a whole family during the second vocal break in Metropolis Pt. 1 lol
    Someone said there is a YouTube video of someone running to the corner store and back during that break.
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    Hmm... Realistically the last RB4 update will just be bug fixing, but hopefully these 5 things are already changed by the time that happens.

1. Shows mode taking ratings into account

1-rated songs would never appear, and songs rated between 2 and 5 would vary how much they appear according to rating.

2. Improved Shows mode options

What I mean is better "selectors". I like the semi-randomness of Shows mode, but sometimes the selectors are too generic ("Something Rock"), or in the case of year, oddly specific in an unhelpful way ("A song from 1983"). To solve both these problems, I'd propose a decade selector ("A song from the 1980s"), as well as combo selectors, to narrow down the selection but keep them sort of random ("A song from the 1980s with a woman vocalist", "A long Classic Rock song")

3. "Part ended" overlay or similar

The measure countdown is IMO in the top three of new RB4 features (along Shows mode and Harmonies on all songs), but it causes weird anticipation when you don't know the song (or not to well), and your part ends but the song is still a ways from ending (like vocals "Heart of Glass"). I keep thinking I'm about to get another phrase, but then after 30 seconds the song ends. So a black notice akin to the countdown that says "Part ended" or something similar, might help reduce that confusion. So it's not an eyesore in most songs, perhaps only put it when there's 3 or more measures left (or whatever the cutoff for showing the countdown is right now).

4. Songs with featured artists sorting under main artist

It's a small thing, but I find it super annoying. I know for legal reasons they have to show the main artist + featured artist, but they show the artist name beside each song anyway, even when sorting by artist, so if it could sort under main artist but show full artist everywhere else, that's possible, right?

5. Blitz mode

To add a new way to enjoy all my DLC, and to future-proof RB4 for when no more instruments are made and many don't have any left.

I know there's probably stuff that would be more important to fix/add for the long-term health of RB4 (like random matchmaking online), but these are just *my* top five.
  • twistedoaktwistedoak Unsigned
    Blitz mode would be good. I would also like to have that added as another category to xp for rivals, making it another unique way to earn xp.

I would love to see online play a viable option again. Matchmaking, show modes put into online, you know things that normal online should have in 2017.

Bugs fixed- stuttering, issues with checking setlist online, issues with talkies (still) for vox

RBN enabled. All rb3 rbn transfers over to rb4, and people are able to create material again for rock band.

Legacy songs all transferred. I want my rhcp songs again dammit.

Will this ever happen? Probably not, but why not dream.
  • My last post got eaten by the forum, which is sad, so I get to rewrite it.

Things I would like to see, again (I tried to make them all physically and fiscally reasonable for HMX) --
    1. OLMM with PVP/H2H -- HMX might be more interested in diversifying gameplay, so they could add OLMM, but instead of bands, it would be a head to head competitive situation, with each player picking one song apiece and then the two players duking it out to see who gets the best star quality over 2 songs (ties broken with percentages?)
    2. Adding in the gameplay menu an option for vocalists so that they *only* can deploy OD by pushing the D-pad. Otherwise, if the vocalist has a 50 bar break with overdrive deployment, they could cause the unit to fire off unexpectedly, which is embarrassing. Not everybody can do long division in their head for 50 bars.
    3. Player-centered instrument highways in SOMP. Just because you're bassist doesn't mean you should be confined to the left corner. This would require writing a new subroutine to handle it (looks to me that it's handled by the existing multiplayer GUI arrangement routine), but it'd be nice if you know, *your* instrument was front and center with the others to the sides and possibly shrunk. After all, it's not like SOMP allows multiple instruments per console. =P (Disadvantage: People used to RL multiplayer might get confused, I understand this.)
    4. Streamlined quit sequence -- The current quit procedure is Menu > D-pad > A > D-pad > A. The confirmation warning could be taken out entirely because the user has already deliberately used the D-pad to go from 'cancel' to 'back to X'. This coming from someone who can barely use a Jag to navigate RB's menus.
    5. "Focus/Data Mode" -- In single player, there could be a mode where data can be displayed -- Song time progression, percentage hit, and other things people want to see. In lieu, take out the cutesy dancing animatronic characters if players want this mode. It's actually a lot like practice mode, but you can use it to actually play the game.
  • jakeellis01jakeellis01 Opening Act
    edited April 21
    1. PS4 Stuttering; I have a pro with boost mode enabled, and it still stutters on Full Band Expert when there are a considerable number of notes, it's much better than base PS4 though but still needs a fix. It works fine for 1 or 2 players.

2. A Stereo/Mono mode for RB4; my receiver picks up some huge audio lag when there is DTS/Dolby Digital output, I remember we had this in previous rock bands, not sure if PS4 prevents from doing this nowadays.

3. Lighter Blue highway for Bass; as a primary bass player I just like this, it was in all previous rockbands not sure why they changed it in RB4, it makes Bass a little special.

4. Rate songs after completion of song

5. Random players and characters, and bring back auto switch for Female/Male vocalist

BONUS entry:

6. Easily be able to switch positions (left/right) of Bass/Guitar when 2 guitars are connected.

7. Update of more bass solos for old charts which actually have bass solos.

8. Black & White effects like old rock bands
  • 1)keyboard with that same fellows who brought harmonies to every song in RB4, but now with keys;
    2) lots of venues;
    3)lots of animation. It's so pattern now;
    4)new modes - I like rivals mode. I prefer a new mode than a returning like blitz or tug war;
    5)revamped online - matchmaking and everything
  • I just want Blitz and online matchmaking
  • One more thing I forgot, so I get to have a sixth item, yay:

Context-oriented calibration procedure... you know, like something that goes "sing into the microphone when you see the word come in". Or, "strum the guitar/hit the drum when you see the gem crossing the line"

As if hitting the "A" button on the controller mimics singing that well. X(
  • One more thing I forgot, so I get to have a sixth item, yay:

Context-oriented calibration procedure... you know, like something that goes "sing into the microphone when you see the word come in". Or, "strum the guitar/hit the drum when you see the gem crossing the line"

Forgot a minor bit of information. The hits/words would be scored, instead of a green or red mark. Maybe the 'bar' can turn green when it's to the threshold that HMX specified with their green/red marks earlier.

Also, a great way to spam one or more of the indie bands by putting them into the calibration scenarios.

[tangent]
    Using the speaker-to-Jag, A-button, etc. methods... is like testing a system I work with... by asking a doctor to send a 200 word long database insert query to enter a patient's new diagnosis when in fact their actual task would be filling out a form with 3 fields. If the doctor can't write the query correctly, they'll get 'syntax error near line 1', which is the same as the dreaded red 'X'.
    [arctangent]
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

One more thing I forgot, so I get to have a sixth item, yay:

Mics can have a slight lag. Using vocals to calibrate wouldn't be effective. That's why you calibrate on a controller in the first place.
  • So, what do you guys think will be announced tomorrow? Free rivals songs, matchmaking, a big boost in character creator, animations, new game mode, etc. We do know that a fix to stuttering on the PS4 won't come in the next update, according to HMXJosh. Realistically, what do you think? I honestly couldn't believe that all of these things will be in the next update, but maybe all of these things will come in the next couple of updates. Also, did they tell us when the update will be out? This week, next week, etc.
  • akuiken98 said:

So, what do you guys think will be announced tomorrow? Free rivals songs, matchmaking, a big boost in character creator, animations, new game mode, etc. We do know that a fix to stuttering on the PS4 won't come in the next update, according to HMXJosh. Realistically, what do you think? I honestly couldn't believe that all of these things will be in the next update, but maybe all of these things will come in the next couple of updates. Also, did they tell us when the update will be out? This week, next week, etc.

My money's on Character Creator because Josh said the update would be more meatier.
  • edited April 24
    tdc002 said:

Mics can have a slight lag. Using vocals to calibrate wouldn't be effective. That's why you calibrate on a controller in the first place.

I guess so/maybe, but they have to calibrate for all lags, unless they've auto calibrated for how much a mic via USB, mic via wireless controller + headset adapter, and mic via person who is really slow to sing will all respond. They might not have done the first two, and the last one I'm sure they haven't done.
  • akuiken98 said:

So, what do you guys think will be announced tomorrow? Free rivals songs, matchmaking, a big boost in character creator, animations, new game mode, etc. We do know that a fix to stuttering on the PS4 won't come in the next update, according to HMXJosh. Realistically, what do you think? I honestly couldn't believe that all of these things will be in the next update, but maybe all of these things will come in the next couple of updates. Also, did they tell us when the update will be out? This week, next week, etc.

Online matchmaking hopefully.
  • edited April 24

akuiken98 said:

Online matchmaking hopefully.
    I honestly don't think so. We know they're a smaller team so something like this would take a long time but even if they worked on this after online play was out, do you think it would take 3 months?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    A friend of mine got so used to the manually-set lag on his RB3 set up that he can't play on a calibrated system. And I can't play on his [well, singing works OK]. Tragic!

So, yeah, I can't be trusted to do manual calibration, I wind up baking in a consistent (but wrong) lag. I'd rather The Computer did it. It seems to remember the calibration for each person and instrument, which is convenient except when you switch back and forth between multiple setups. Sometimes you activate an instrument that last played under different settings and it will "conveniently" overwrite your calibration settings. Or if everyone deactivates their instrument in order to rotate in new players, it seems to use the settings assigned to the first person to activate their new instrument. Which might not be what you were using before. Just my guesses. Maybe it's really the instruments themselves changing their native calibration settings over time. Whatever the reality, yeah, you can trust The Computer except in cases when it all betrays you.

• akuiken98 said:

I'm guessing a new mode, minor rock shop item additions and free songs (maybe the 4 RBVR local Boston artist songs?).
  • akuiken98 said:

I'm guessing a new mode, minor rock shop item additions and free songs (maybe the 4 RBVR local Boston artist songs?).
    For Rock Shop items, I imagine a few from EVE: Valkyrie (or another game from that dev team, since we're getting a few free songs from their in-house band too this summer).