PDP Drum Cymbals

So... like... we know now that they exist. But what is the truth behind why they are not being advertised and sold as a standalone product anywhere? For actual money, not just as a freebie tacked onto a recent BiaB clearance sale from Gamestop.

Speculate.

Comments

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I didn't know GS was clearance'ing BiaBs.
  • D1MatmanD1Matman Unsigned
    edited April 11
  • KelkeeKelkee Unsigned
    Hmm. What I find interesting is the image on the PDP box is the same image for the MadCatz version.
    I compared the listing on Amazon for the MC RB4 ones to the image above.
    Very similar if not exactly the same images.
    PDP confirmed via email they are not selling them standalone at this time. When I asked about them not being sold separately. They said if things change look for an announcement... which pretty much means probably not gonna happen.
  • KelkeeKelkee Unsigned
    What it sounds like to me is that they have acquired the remaining stock from MadCatz somehow and have repackaged them but are not allowed to sell them, for what ever reason.

I would expect the PDP ones to be noticeably different and completely rebranded.

Can someone verify that has the PDPs?
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited April 12
    Wow. Bizarre. Seems a bit illogical not to sell them separately since there were many PDP band kits sold that didn't include the cymbals. :confused:

If you see the PDP cymbals available for sale separately, please let us know!
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    This makes it sound like they won't be making cymbals any more. I should stock up!
    Except I promised myself that I would never buy any more Rock Band Drums, I've "invested" in them a few too many times. If I ever run out of working units, I'll look into one of those pro options for my PS3 / PS4. Ion? E-kit?

I'd seriously recommend acting like they will be gone forever after this current supply runs out.
    @Meat-Popsicle : you should buy three PS3 MPAs right now while they are still around if you think you might ever go to an eKit for Rock Band drums.
    Sounds smart. I own two of them already, but I will buy a third if and when I get an eKit.
    edited April 13
    I might get myself a 2nd xbox 360 MPA at least too.

Winter is coming.
    D1Matman said:

I might get myself a 2nd xbox 360 MPA at least too.

Winter is coming.

I have three. And three Wired Legacy Adapters...
  • edited April 16
    They are selling them as a bundle with the BiaB. I saw them in the GameStop just yesterday. It has PDP on the Cymbal box. I didn't see any Mad Catz logo anywhere.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    PDP really just needs to make a straight-up native adapter now.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Are we really doing punctuation-only posts now?
    I was expecting a disagree...

Sometimes when I change my mind about posting something I typed it has already been auto-saved as a draft. So I delete and put a dot and hit save draft to get rid of it. I guess I hit the wrong button that time...
    !
    I'VE BEEN MODERATED!!!
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

tnevaker said:

Not on that post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!