"Mama, I'm Coming Home" not available for single song purchase?

djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
I see it is part of the Ozzy 8-pack but cannot find this song on the psn store, rockband store, or online PlayStation store.

I tried searching by Ozzy and all parts of the song name. No luck. Is this intentionally not able to purchase or is it flagged somewhere else that I could do a search and find it?

Yes, I could buy the 8-pack but that is more than I wanted and has songs I already purchased "Mr. Crowley" and would have to pay for again.

Anyone or HMXOwl know what gives?

Comments

• dinomandinoman Rising Star
    That song and "Bark at the Moon" has always been available for purchase, but only through buying the 8-pack.. so you have to shell out the bucks needed to play those two songs
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Ok, I think I found that and "Bark at the Moon" are exclusive to the pack which is rather lousy.

Especially if you had picked up singles from the pack before, packs will often show up as "not available for purchase" meaning you have no way to get these exclusives if you already bought some of the singles.

D'oh. Their loss I suppose ($).

Are there other exclusive songs only available in packs I should be aware of?
  • Yeah, that's always been the case since the launch of the DLC in May 2011. Buying the pack gets you Bark at the Moon and Mama, I'm Coming Home as exclusive bonuses. Don't want to buy the pack? Well you'll have to do without those 2 songs.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    dinoman said:

That song and "Bark at the Moon" has always been available for purchase, but only through buying the 8-pack.. so you have to shell out the bucks needed to play those two songs

Oops, you beat me to the punch while I was researching. Thanks.

You know of other exclusives tied only to packs?
  • There are 2 other pack exclusives:
    - 2112 pack contains the full version of 2112 as 1 song
    - Ed Sheeran Sing bundle contains Saint Raymond's Young Blood
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

There are 2 other pack exclusives:
    - 2112 pack contains the full version of 2112 as 1 song
    - Ed Sheeran Sing bundle contains Saint Raymond's Young Blood

Thanks for the info!
  • I'm also pretty sure 21 Guns can only be purchased together with its Green Day 3-pack.

The same with This Love by Maroon 5.

...at least, from the PS4 store (where it wouldn't let me buy any of those without getting the pack).

Probably some other examples out there - sucks a bit but is understandable.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    Tyrus1235 said:

I'm also pretty sure 21 Guns can only be purchased together with its Green Day 3-pack.

The same with This Love by Maroon 5.

...at least, from the PS4 store (where it wouldn't let me buy any of those without getting the pack).

Probably some other examples out there - sucks a bit but is understandable.

well I would assume that is just some glitch in the PS4 store

on Xbone I was able to buy "This Love" as a single
  • @Tyrus1235 No, there's a difference between this and what you're talking about. The cases of the Ozzy Osbourne 8 pack, 2112 pack and Ed Sheeran Sing bundle are intentional, your examples are just bugs that will be eventually fixed.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    djb5f1 said:

Especially if you had picked up singles from the pack before, packs will often show up as "not available for purchase" meaning you have no way to get these exclusives if you already bought some of the singles.

It may not be convenient, but you can get around that by buying the pack with a different account (also homed to your ps4).
  • djb5f1 said:

Ok, I think I found that and "Bark at the Moon" are exclusive to the pack which is rather lousy.

Funny how Xbox owners don't seem to think it's lousy when they get an exclusive title that PS owners will never get and vice-versa...
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I think there were some free pro guitar upgrades thrown into that Ozzy pack too back when it was released for RB3.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

djb5f1 said:

Funny how Xbox owners don't seem to think it's lousy when they get an exclusive title that PS owners will never get and vice-versa...

These songs are PlayStation exclusive? I did not know that if that is the case. I honestly have no idea what Xbox gets - nor care ;)
  • djb5f1 said:

djb5f1 said:

These songs are PlayStation exclusive? I did not know that if that is the case. I honestly have no idea what Xbox gets - nor care ;)
    No, they're for both platforms.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

djb5f1 said:

What are you talking about? The songs are on both platforms.
    edited April 17
    The only 'difference' between the platforms on the Ozzy front was that the Xbox siders who owned the pack were able to download the other six songs quite early in RB4's lifespan and were only shut out of Mama and Bark until those were finally fixed in December 2016, while PS siders who owned the pack were locked out of the entire pack - couldn't get any of the songs from it - from RB4 launch until the pack was fixed in December 2016.

That was more a factor of store policy obtuseness than any decision HMX could have been part of though.
  • tdc002 said:

djb5f1 said:

Read it again. Dude said it's lousy that the two songs are exclusive to the pack. I was referring to how PS owners never seem to think it's lousy when they get an exclusive TITLE (notice how I said TITLE in my original post and not SONG), as well as the other way around. Point being...exclusives happen all the time.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

tdc002 said:

djb5f1 said:

Read it again. Dude said it's lousy that the two songs are exclusive to the pack. I was referring to how PS owners never seem to think it's lousy when they get an exclusive TITLE (notice how I said TITLE in my original post and not SONG), as well as the other way around. Point being...exclusives happen all the time.
    Something being exclusive to a pack has literally nothing to do with console exclusivity. What point are you trying to make? Why point fingers as a console's fanbase and try bringing "console warz" stuff into it in the first place?
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

tdc002 said:

djb5f1 said:

apples, meet oranges
  • djb5f1 said:

I see it is part of the Ozzy 8-pack but cannot find this song on the psn store, rockband store, or online PlayStation store.

I tried searching by Ozzy and all parts of the song name. No luck. Is this intentionally not able to purchase or is it flagged somewhere else that I could do a search and find it?

Yes, I could buy the 8-pack but that is more than I wanted and has songs I already purchased "Mr. Crowley" and would have to pay for again.

At least you have an option to purchase 'Mama, I'm coming home' and 'Bark at the Moon' somehow.

In European PSN store no Ozzy 8-pack exists and therefore the 2 songs are unvailable.

And even better, although I do own all of the song pack content (including the 2 'bonus' songs) on my PS3 none of the content is transferable.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

djb5f1 said:

At least you have an option to purchase 'Mama, I'm coming home' and 'Bark at the Moon' somehow.

In European PSN store no Ozzy 8-pack exists and therefore the 2 songs are unvailable.

And even better, although I do own all of the song pack content (including the 2 'bonus' songs) on my PS3 none of the content is transferable.
    …yet. Now that exports are done, they'll probably work on this next.
  • LoopyChew said:

Maybe, maybe not. Should we just hope for it?

I mean all the Ozzy songs of the 8-pack (apart from 'bonus' songs Bark atM & Mama IcH) are available in the PSN Europe store for individual purchase since 2015. But not the 8-pack.

I owned the 8-pack on the PS3 (but I am not entitled to download any of them for RB4)
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

LoopyChew said:

Maybe, maybe not. Should we just hope for it?

I mean all the Ozzy songs of the 8-pack (apart from 'bonus' songs Bark atM & Mama IcH) are available in the PSN Europe store for individual purchase since 2015. But not the 8-pack.

I owned the 8-pack on the PS3 (but I am not entitled to download any of them for RB4)
    Entitlement issues are entitlement issues. Xbox owners who owned the Ozzy 8-pack couldn't get those two songs until last December. There were plenty of songs to which we were entitled that weren't working, but were still available for purchase. Because essentially the problem comes down to "bugs in the entitlement process," it's a matter of isolating those bugs and fixing them, which could happen tomorrow or could happen in a month or who knows. But they're being worked on.

LoopyChew said:

That's exactly how things were for that pack on SIEA from RB4 launch to December 2016. Pack owners were allowed to download none of them. Then one day the fix came and suddenly they were able. And odds are HMX submitted whatever fix they submitted to make it work in SIEA to SIEE as well. But who knows how long it will take SIEE to apply it.
  • THX, I got a similiar reply from customer service a couple of hours ago: no ETA at all.

Ok, while this topic is pending I will look up some other RB3 DLC that so far are not transferable.
    I need to update my spreadsheet, but I think about 40-50 songs from my RB3 library share the a similiar uncertainty:
    Available, but not to me...

Maybe I re-purchase "Die perfekte Welle" to let off steam!
  • Does anyone know if 21 Guns is purchasable as a single in their PS Stores? Because in the Brazillian (same as the USA one, usually) I can't seem to get it unless I purchase the Green Day Pack 01. I tried on the PS4 store and on the web (PC) store but no luck... Gonna try on the PS3 store next week (along with Extreme's More Than Words, which isn't part of a pack and, as such, I literally can't buy right now).
  • Hm, off-topic B)

Be careful with More than words it doesn't contain drums and bass part, just in case you missed it :)

I already own 21 Guns therfore hard to tell. But it is listed seperately in the European PSN store (if that helps).
  • edited April 21
    Yeah, we can take this to one of the multiple stickied threads for it, since the original question was answered like a week ago.

Edit: Wow, it actually was like a week, that week was too fast.
This discussion has been closed.