Do you ever request a song on the 'Rock Band Song Requests' page?

tati81tati81 Opening Act
edited April 20 in Rock Band
There's a site where you can suggest songs to the Rock Band staff. Do you ever request a song?

This is the link Rock Band Song Requests

I request so many songs I lost count B)

Do you ever request a song on the 'Rock Band Song Requests' page? 76 votes

Yes
93%
WingsOfSteelSmashManLordFlatusggQcLoopyChewtdc002DesvergerMikey35wh1t3kn1tekal_el_0724Hiscfiredoom666ArcanonjaystonepkWoodenGlorykatdaddy0663hckycrlrM-asterRaiderThaxdconrad23 71 votes
No
6%
olddrummertwistedoakScythemaster 37dinomanchexmixho 5 votes
I didn't know it was an option
0%

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited April 19
    Yes
    I haven't done it in a few months, but I entered at least a hundred different songs in the months after RB4 came out. I recognize now that there's no way they would ever add any of the slightly-obscure (or very obscure) songs I am most eager to see in the game. And there's no way to say, "only if it uses full stems" for the more popular songs that I could imagine that I was helping to make the cut.

Surely every song recorded before 2005 that has full stems available and was / is reasonably popular is already on their radar by now. But it doesn't hurt to use the link and give it a try anyway.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Yes
    I use it a lot, and I think y'all can thank me personally for my persistence in getting us "Flagpole Sitta" from Harvey Danger.

Now if you guys would get on there and help me get "Dominance and Submission" from Blue Öyster Cult, I would appreciate it.
  • Yes
    Just used it earlier to request these:

• Yes
    I've used it in the past, but not as much as I'd like to. I keep meaning to put a wishlist together and spend some time submitting all my requests but I haven't gotten to it yet.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    Yes
    I use it quite a lot and try to spread the word of it in a (futile) effort to curb song request posts thrown into random FB/YT comments.

I haven’t counted what made it and what didn't but I have had a few of my requests fulfilled. The Gin Blossoms songs are a good example. I also submit oddball requests (Captain Beefheart) and my number one most wanted song (Remember by Disturbed) regardless of how possible it is to get them.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Yes
    I should specify, I do this on rare occasion. My music taste is really broad, but the stuff I want most is usually the stuff that's either too obscure for HMX to go through the trouble of licensing, or just doesn't seem to be the sort of thing that Harmonix seems willing to release as DLC nowdays (mostly extreme metal, prog, and experimental stuff). Though I do still occasionally go to the song request page and post a few things, especially when I come across a song I'm like "I need this on Rock Band, NOW!" or are reminded of it on livestreams.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited April 19
    Pretty sure the last time I requested a song was before RB4 even launched.

I'm far too jaded now to believe it's worth my time. Anything I might request almost assuredly is already in one of the categories "They know people want it but can't get it" or "They know not enough people want it to even pursue". I could tell them I want the new Mountain Goats track but what would that change? Nothing. I could tell them I want old Genesis but what would that change? Nothing.

It would be interesting to hear them come out and tell us about any case where requests were actually relevant. "We had no idea about Kaleo's 'Glass House', but after seeing someone make a request for it we listened to it and then decided we had to have it".

Because in the absence of any sort of specific feedback, the feeling is that the request bin is, at best, an interesting statistical accumulator (so they can have little trivial tidbits like "Songs from one of our five most requested artists" when they're songs they assuredly would have been pursuing even in the absence of a request interface), but more likely, just a virtual 'circular file' (which is to say, wastebasket), created to get people to quietly scream into the void rather than clutter up their social channels with their petty desires.

...Tried to edit a bad tense, was told I was spamming, waited what I was sure was at least two minutes, tried to submit my edit, told me I was spamming again, and it restarted my timer, have nothing else to do while I wait for the opportunity to get my error fixed so I've taken to starting writing compliaing esssays at the end of my posts while I wait out the edit timer PLEASE KILL THE FFFFING SPAM TIMER ON EDITS
  • Yes
    I did not know where it was before, so now I can say that I have used it (just now) to request a bunch of White Lies, Pearl Jam, Van Halen and some Duran Duran and U2 as well.

Thought about asking for Phil Collins, Genesis and Eric Clapton but... Seems kind of pointless.
  • Yes
    Yes I have and I have quite the impressive list of requested songs that have made it to Rock Band, some back in the good old days, but a lot more recently

Lying from You- Linkin Park
    Sing- Ed Sheeran
    Riptide- Vance Joy
    Shut Up and Dance- Walk the Moon
    Dreams- Beck
    First- Cold War Kids
    Renegades- X Ambassadors
    Can't Feel My Face- The Weeknd
    Stitches- Shawn Mendes
    Sunday Bloody Sunday- U2
    Pride (In the Name of Love)- U2
    One- U2
    Hey Ya!- Outkast
    Get Lucky- Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams
    Locked Out of Heaven- Bruno Mars
    Treasure- Bruno Mars
    Chicken Fried- Zac Brown Band
    Zombie- The Cranberries
    Dreams- The Cranberries
    She Looks So Perfect- 5 Seconds of Summer
    My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)- Fall Out Boy
    Everybody Talks- Neon Trees
    That's My Kind of Night- Luke Bryan
    House Party- Sam Hunt
    Cake by the Ocean- DNCE
    Stressed Out- twenty one pilots
    The Hills- The Weeknd
    Don't Do Me Like That- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
    Breakfast at Tiffany's- Deep Blue Something
    Hey Jealousy- Gin Blossoms
    Found Out About You- Gin Blossoms
    We're Not Gonna Take It- Twisted Sister
    Hook- Blues Traveler
    Iris- Goo Goo Dolls
    Radioactive- Imagine Dragons
    Never Too Late- Three Days Grace
    Lips of an Angel- Hinder
    Jumper- Third Eye Blind
    Hemorrhage (In My Hands)- Fuel
    Pompeii- Bastille
    I Gotta Feeling- The Black Eyed Peas
    Mr. Jones- Counting Crows
    If You Could Only See- Tonic
    Everything You Want- Vertical Horizon
    I'm Yours- Jason Mraz
    Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous- Good Charlotte
    Dirt Road Anthem- Jason Aldean
    All For You- Sister Hazel
    Handclap- Fitz and the Tantrums
    The Sound of Silence- Disturbed
    Flagpole Sitta- Harvey Danger
    Safe and Sound- Capital Cities
    Save Tonight- Eagle-Eye Cherry
    Sweater Weather- The Neighbourhood
    Little Talks- Of Monsters and Men
    Closing Time- Semisonic
    One More Night- Maroon 5
    3AM- Matchbox Twenty
    Hold My Hand- Hootie & the Blowfish
    Only Wanna Be with You- Hootie & the Blowfish
    Complicated- Avril Lavigne
    Starboy- The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk
    Heathens- twenty one pilots
    Ride- twenty one pilots
    Royals- Lorde
    I Don't Want to Miss a Thing- Aerosmith
    Party Rock Anthem- LMFAO ft Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
    Some Nights- fun.
    Hold the Line- Toto
    Want to Want Me- Jason Derulo
    Outside- Staind
    Can't Hold Us- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    Danger Zone- Kenny Loggins
    Use Somebody- Kings of Leon
    I Will Wait- Mumford & Sons
    Counting Stars- OneRepublic

• firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    Yes
    I have requested every single Ayreon song
  • I have requested every single Ayreon song

I have requested all of Mastodon. But I haven't requested anything since the number of DLC reduced, as we're not getting the stuff I request in this age.
    I guess not even the RBN age would have given me the random metal bands I like as Elvenking or Anaal Nathrakh.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Yes
    I request stuff all of the time. Most of it doesn't end up coming as DLC (and likely never will), but once in awhile!
  • Yes
    I've requested a couple of things like Days of the New and some Mars Volta. I don't know the luck is in getting those, but I'm really hoping that one day we would see Touch Peel and Stand on Rock Band.
  • Yes
    I've requested a lot over the years, in fact one of my requests got fulfilled today (Champagne Supernova). Really if you don't already, that song should be inspiration to request songs even if you think they stand absolutely no chance of appearing in RB.
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    Yes
    Back in RB3 days I requested Zombie and Dreams by The Cranberries and this year my desire was fullfilled ♥
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Yes
    I think I did when they were soliciting ideas for RB4 but when looking at the on disc soundtrack, they did not listen to me, ha.
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    Yes
    I've voted for songs like Hey Ya!, Shape of You, and others.

I use the request page when I hear a song and I NEED it in Rock Band.
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Yes
    I've requested a bunch of Within Temptation... Not gonna hold my breath on that one.

Bunch of other random songs I've wanted as well, but darned if I remember which ones have shown up, if any.
    Yes
    I was pretty satisfied with RB4 Disc Soundtrack, 'cause I requested Mumford & Sons, Brandi Carlile and 4 No Blondies back in the day.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Yes
    tati81 said:

I was pretty satisfied with RB4 Disc Soundtrack, 'cause I requested Mumford & Sons, Brandi Carlile and 4 No Blondies back in the day.

Honestlyt, I've preferred the Guitar Hero on-disc soundtracks over the Rock Band ones for sure (more classic rock, hard rock, arena rock), The only Rock Band soundtrack I thought was really good was RB3. That said Rock Band won me over with the ability to transfer songs over (for a price) between releases and the DLC stream. Hope it continues!

• Yes
    Listen to Pandora whilst working and request everything that I like and/or think would be a good RB jam. *for instance=Them Shoes by Patrick Sweany :)

1st song that I requested that has become DLC is The Pretty Reckless. I didn't really start requesting until I heard about the RB4 release.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    Yes
    I've requested quite a few songs over the years, and a few (to my delight) have actually been released in RB4. There are, of coarse, a few that I still long for, which serves to remind me to never give up. Stairway to Heaven, Hotel California, The Four horsemen, Sweet Child O Mine...just to name a few..and I continue to dream. :smiley:
  • edited April 21
    Yes
    rkbdgurl said:

I've requested quite a few songs over the years, and a few (to my delight) have actually been released in RB4. There are, of coarse, a few that I still long for, which serves to remind me to never give up. Stairway to Heaven, Hotel California, The Four horsemen, Sweet Child O Mine...just to name a few..and I continue to dream. :smiley:

Keep dreaming the good dream! Maybe some day HMX and the gods of licensing will grace us with such awesome tracks as those (seriously... I'd pay a lot of money to get Hotel California in the game).

EDIT: Also, I just sent tens of requests based on my Spotify library - if any one of those songs gets into the game I'll be extremely happy!
    Yes
    akuiken98 said:

tati81 said:

Back in RB3 days I requested Zombie and Dreams by The Cranberries and this year my desire was fullfilled ♥

You mean last year?
    Yeah, the link to the request page was different though.
  • DesvergerDesverger Opening Act
    Yes
    I've requested the odd song over the years, but they're usually too obscure to be realistic song releases. A couple of my requests did come out as DLC; Power and the Passion, and Where Is My Mind. No way of knowing how many other people requested those songs though.
  • KainKain Unsigned
    I use it whenever I hear or remember a song that I would love to get in Rock Band, even though I know it'll never happen. Either they're too obscure or the music tastes at Harmonix HQ have changed so drastically that they may have been added in RB2 days, but not today. I know I'll never see Go Betty Go's C'Mon, but I have been requesting it since RB1 day 1 and I'm not giving up anytime soon.
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    In too many at-bats to count, I've had but one hit.

At least it was a home run. B)
  • Yes
    Desverger said:

I've requested the odd song over the years, but they're usually too obscure to be realistic song releases. A couple of my requests did come out as DLC; Power and the Passion, and Where Is My Mind. No way of knowing how many other people requested those songs though.

So you were (partially) responsible for the only Midnight Oil song we got! Now we need to get Beds are Burning in the game ASAP!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Do people really need to be told there is a difference between correlation and causation?

"I requested a song, and we eventually got the song" does not make "We got the song in part because I requested it" true.