Why, Why, Why (Forum-related)

1. Why isn't there a way to get rid of an unwanted emoticon list? Most times I'd rather just colon-P and not have to try and remember which variant of "tongue" gets the same effect, but it winds up with me trying to break out of such a list while trying not to select "pensive"and wreck my efforts.

2. Why, for the love of Pete (Best? Frampton? Gabriel?), does editing trigger a freaking spam block?!

Comments

• Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    The spam block is the bane of the forums.

• I too have been blocked for editing by the spam gods. I just do a back page command and it shows up even if it labels me as a spammer.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I cringe when I hit "post comment" and only then notice that there's a bad typo or just stupid phrase sitting there. I have learned to count slowly to 60 before I submit the correction but yeah it's annoying.

It does seem to have done the job of getting rid of ads for the medicines of India and Korea and Russia. I always hoped that we would be able to flag those manually and get rid of them in minutes, without having to rouse an official moderator to do it. However,

1) Depending on the time of day, it might take hours to get 3 different people to flag a spammer
    2) Even under the old system, if you tagged 2 or 3 posts in a row within a short time period [2 minutes?], you would get automatically tagged as a spammer. Argh!
  • The spam block isn't nuanced enough to see a difference between posts and edits, sorry!
    The Spam block only sees what it wants to see and voted for Trump.
  • It's like Tommy.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!

The spam block is the bane of the forums.

The spam block will destroy Gotham and then, when it is done and Gotham is ashes, then you have my permission to die
  • SenseiLeRoofSenseiLeRoof Road Warrior
    HMXOwl said:

The spam block isn't nuanced enough to see a difference between posts and edits, sorry!

Can it see a difference between those who've been here forever and those who haven't? I doubt any spammer is committed enough to wait a year and build up reputation or whatever just to spam up one more forum.

HMXOwl said:

The spam block isn't nuanced enough to see a difference between posts and edits, sorry!

Can it see a difference between those who've been here forever and those who haven't? I doubt any spammer is committed enough to wait a year and build up reputation or whatever just to spam up one more forum.
    If so, I tremendously respect that guy.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    MY SISTER MAKES $800/DAY WORKING FROM HOME ASK ME HOW

PODIATRISTS HATE HER
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited May 16
    The edit spam block doesn't actually block.

It accepts your edit and then spits the edit window back at you with that big red block that makes it look like you have to wait and resubmit. But it's all a sham, a ruse, a boondoggle. The edit has already been accepted. Just carry on knowing your edit got in, because it did.

BLOCKED EDIT?!
  • The edit spam block doesn't actually block.

It accepts your edit and then spits the edit window back at you with that big red block that makes it look like you have to wait and resubmit. But it's all a sham, a ruse, a boondoggle. The edit has already been accepted. Just carry on knowing your edit got in, because it did.

BLOCKED EDIT?!

I've had it eat my posts alive if I edit them too soon (and/or too much, studies thus far are inconclusive).

Also, the poll spam thing gets on my nerves but on the other hand amuses me greatly at times.
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act