Your Missions, Should You Choose To Accept Them...

edited May 31 in Rock Band
http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/your-missions-should-you-choose-to-accept-them/
HMXJosh said:

A few weeks ago, we shared some news about the next Rock Band 4 update in the form of Rivals Seasons, major changes to the way Rivals Mode works. If you haven’t checked that out, you can read it in a previous blog entry. . It’s worth a read, whether you’re in a Crew competing every week or haven’t dipped your toes into Rivals Mode yet. (Seriously, there are limited-time Rock Shop rewards at stake, check it out before it’s too late!)

We’ve also said that Rivals Seasons isn’t the only headline feature coming in the next update, so feast your eyes on (drumroll please)… Missions!

The new Missions system will take you through every mode Rock Band 4 has to offer, presenting you with a wide variety of objectives across different instruments, difficulties, songs, and more. Completing Missions give you badges (which are being combined with the existing Rivals Mode badges) that you can view in a collection or even show off to friends in Online Quickplay. You might be required to get at least three Unison Bonuses in each of 10 different songs, or hit 250 notes in Overdrive in a single song, or get Gold Stars on a handful of devil tier songs. Those participating in Rivals Mode will be able to accomplish even more, because some Missions are only available to Crews. On top of this, if you haven’t made the jump to Rock Band Rivals yet, there will be some Missions available to everyone who owns Rock Band 4.

Going into the Missions Screen will show all Missions available to you. Each Mission will give you a set number of Mission Points when completed (along with a nifty badge), and additional missions are locked and hidden until you pass varying Mission Points thresholds. Some Missions will refresh weekly with Rivals Challenges (Like having your Crew fill every instrument on every Spotlight Song with a 5-star score), others will be included with the update. Future Missions will be delivered via server updates, so we’ll be able to send more goals your way without the need to patch the game.

You might find yourself completing a Mission or two through regular gameplay, but if you want to specifically tackle a Mission that’s focused on specific songs, you can select that Mission and it’ll take you to your library, pre-filtered to only the applicable songs.

It goes without saying that some Missions take real chops to complete. You always view your badge collection in the Completed Missions tab…

…or if you’re feeling particularly proud, you can even show off your favorite badge in your Online Quickplay introduction!

A host of Missions for you to tackle will be included with Rivals Seasons in the upcoming Rock Band 4 update, landing in the coming weeks. Keep an eye on our channels for other goodies that’ll be included in the patch, additional news about Rivals Seasons, and more!

Comments

• TreNARD2000TreNARD2000 Unsigned
    Awesome!!
  • This all looks really fun ! It took me a while to dive into Rivals, but I've enjoyed it a lot so far, so has my husband. I look forward to these Missions ^.^

I'm not sure how many U4 MP players there are here, but it reminds me of those challenges a bit.

Now .... to get in a crew ....
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    This is really good. This will keep me hooked for a long time. A perfect way to extend the game.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I loved the plethora of goals in RB3, this looks similar enough that I could imaging getting re-obsessed with the game. Intriguing. I like it. Maybe I even love it!
  • Awesome, now I'm stoked for the new Rivals Seasons update!

My crew mates will definitely like this as well (PS4 Crew: Kings of Metal, I'm a Crew Admin for that crew).
  • Neat. Wonder if achievement points/trophies are tied to any of these missions?
  • Nice, reminds me the PIU mission mode. Like it.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    Intriguing
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Incentivize the game I said...

We will do that Harmonix said...

:)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior

Neat. Wonder if achievement points/trophies are tied to any of these missions?

My guess is "no", otherwise they would have mentioned that, instead of just "badges". But it's worth asking, if only to get official confirmation that the answer is no ...
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

Neat. Wonder if achievement points/trophies are tied to any of these missions?

I would assume so. Hopefully not over the top difficult. It would be nice if they added a Gold trophy for Rank 100 (like the silver they have for Rank 50) so that it would reward you for playing naturally - and playing a lot. Of course the better players get there faster but if you play enough anyone can get there.

And of course, bronze trophies for some of the new features.

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    HMXOwl said:

Yeah, it's no.

Oh, I stand corrected. Seems like it would be a perfect opportunity to add them.

I missed it if this was mentioned at some point, is this a pay update or a free update?
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    Cool! I love this feature!
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    Is there a mission to FC TTFAF? :tongue:
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    I love this feature! Finally challenges (per say) from RB3!! Yay!
  • I am really looking forward to this update!

Though, I wonder if this marks the end of new features for it... Guess no online matchmaking or multiple local instruments, then. :/

Ah, whatever - this next update will already make the game 100x more awesome (it might even activate some people's Awesomeness Detection!). I can't wait to play these missions and finding out they're going to be updated server-side makes me very, very happy. :D

Although this raises a question: Is there a schedule for when new missions will arrive? Or will it be whenever HMX thinks of new ones? My guess is it's gonna be synced with Rivals challenges (so, every week).
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited May 9
    Tyrus1235 said:

Though, I wonder if this marks the end of new features for it... Guess no online matchmaking or multiple local instruments, then. :/

HMXOwl said:

Keep an eye on our channels for other goodies that’ll be included in the patch, additional news about Rivals Seasons, and more!

• Tyrus1235 said:

HMXOwl said:

Keep an eye on our channels for other goodies that’ll be included in the patch, additional news about Rivals Seasons, and more!

Yeah, but they didn't say there were going to be more major features - to me it just sounds like there's some more Rock Shop stuff and some more in-depth info on what's already there.

Although I do admit the "and more!" part is suspiscious... Guess I just don't want to keep my hopes up so I don't get disappointed come the final update notes.

So far, so good for this update anyway. Add a bunch of bug fixes, some Rock Shop stuff and maybe some quality-of-life improvements (like many people suggested) and it'll be a grade A patch imo
    (A+ is for when we get online matchmaking and multiple local instruments)
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Coolio
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    This is a neat idea, I think I'll prefer this over doing actual Rivals challenges, tbh. I always felt like the challenges in RB3 were a very underrated feature, and as long as they remain humanly possible without having to spend too much on DLC (I liked that DLC-specific challenges stayed hidden in RB3 until you had relevant DLC, and that they didn't count against the completionist ranking if you couldn't do them) I think they'll be fun.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    I see stuff for competitive players, but hopefully there will be stuff there for those of us into the story/fiction of being a rock band (like Rockudrama did with the core Rivals, and career mode with base game).

I have no interest in online play, and in comparing scores.Comparing badges doesn't interest me, but as a measure of self improvement it could be sorta cool, in the sense that I can see I did something (like having the gold stars and laurels on songs I've done well on).

I'll have to see how this plays. Interesting idea.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    A question that just popped to mind: are there going to be any Rock Shop items locked behind completing certain missions like was the case in RB3? To be honest I sort of hated that, since I wanted all the clothes but without owning all the applicable instruments that became impossible. I'd be totally happy with these missions just unlocking the badges for online play.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited May 9
    Probably wont use it but it looks like a nice idea for those who will.

It would be nice if we could have some smaller changes in the future that help the actual core part of the game. Like different note highways, bounce gfx disable, venue select & static vocals. It's currently frustrating to play on a LCD TV :( My son won't play it because of the bounce (Activate OD and drop a note from distraction) & my daughter struggles with the scrolling lyrics, so I hardly ever bother to play RB4 now, RB3 is still the game of choice.
  • If you've already fulfilled the requirements of a mission pre-patch, will it be completed immediately upon downloading the patch and starting the game, or is everything going to be starting post-patch?