Your Missions, Should You Choose To Accept Them...

Comments

• jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act

I love it when Canadians make jokes that 90% of the audience won't get. :p

I get it! And I'm fur shur a 'murican. Someone pass me a Blue light, eh.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

Will there be a Fifty Mission Cap?

didn't they already say there wouldn't be clothing items attached to missions?
  • tnevaker said:

I think it's a joke based on the Rivals level cap being ridiculously low (50).
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    akuiken98 said:

tnevaker said:

I don't think it's too low. It actually took me quite a bit of time to get to level 50.
    It should now extend to level 100. With a gold trophy for it of course.

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    akuiken98 said:

tnevaker said:

I don't think it's too low. It actually took me quite a bit of time to get to level 50.
    Yes, but you're not the 24/7 grind machine that is @grumblevolcano. He got to Level 50 somewhere around Week 2.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited May 11

tnevaker said:

No, it's a joke based on the existence of the song "Fifty Mission Cap" by The Tragically Hip. An iconic song for most Canadians, and close-to-unknown outside Canada. Hence my comment above about Canadians making jokes.

(Which was a song about hockey player Bill Barilko, but referred to the title object, a cap that air force pilots would be given upon completing their fiftieth mission - a Fifty Mission Cap)
  • LoopyChew said:

akuiken98 said:

tnevaker said:

Yes, but you're not the 24/7 grind machine that is @grumblevolcano. He got to Level 50 somewhere around Week 2.
    There was a glitch for the first few weeks where every song that wasn't a weekly challenge song during a weekly challenge counted for solo XP as if it was a weekly challenge song played for the first time. So seeing as the first weekly challenge (songs with "Love" in the song title) didn't have many eligible songs (think it was around 70), I did play lots of songs that weren't eligible and hence lots of extra XP (150 extra XP per song if I recall correctly).

@thatmarkguy I think it could be either as there's been a lot of complaints about the level 50 cap. @ZigZag2005, which is it?
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    Well, it's either a reference to a Tragically Hip song, and was continuing the trend of songs with 'mission' in the title...

or, it's a riff on the seemingly pointless imposition of a cap on skill...

or, it's a legitimate question wondering if there will be some kind of reward for completing fifty missions.

Or it's all three. >:)
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    You worked it in to look like that.
    It is a tad ironic, don't ya think, that the current level cap is at 50 and we're getting missions coming with the next update. A little too ironic...
  • When you mention missions and levels you make me wonder if completing missions will earn you any solo XP...
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

tnevaker said:

No, it's a joke based on the existence of the song "Fifty Mission Cap" by The Tragically Hip. An iconic song for most Canadians, and close-to-unknown outside Canada. Hence my comment above about Canadians making jokes.

(Which was a song about hockey player Bill Barilko, but referred to the title object, a cap that air force pilots would be given upon completing their fiftieth mission - a Fifty Mission Cap)
    I understood nothing in this comment...
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior

It is a tad ironic, don't ya think, that the current level cap is at 50 and we're getting missions coming with the next update. A little too ironic...

Don't you think?
    Hey, Alanis is from Canada, I bet she gets the reference
    It's almost like rain on your wedding day.

At least someone got the reference.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

It's almost like rain on your wedding day.

At least someone got the reference.

Equally ironic anyway.

• TheStuddz said:

I somehow totally missed this, but wow man. Rivals is actually really great value, even for those who missed out on the pre-order songs. I love how it added (and clearly is continuing to add) various modes and challenges that really incentivize continued play. It keeps things fun, and gives me a reason to keep coming back.

I really, really hope we get another expansion by the end of 2017. No clue what it'd entail (I'll never stop hoping for Blitz, but...) though I'm sure it'd be just as worthwhile. I know a lot of us were sort of wary about Rock Band 4 at the start, but they've really grown it into an excellent, expansive game.

Kudos to you, Harmonix. I hope the RB4 support goes on for as long as possible, but the stuff you've managed to give us in the past two years alone has been pretty fantastic.

#BlitzThough

They are definitely dumb if they don't make Blitz. I have already said it would easily out-do RB4 for PC in a FIG campaign. I would donate hundreds myself.
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    The room I usually play Rock Band in isn't really that big. Having my surround speakers on while singing would almost always lead to an inadvertent OD activation. I've been playing with my lousy T.V. speakers whenever I sing. This is a game changer for me!
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    Some stayed dry, while others felt the pain.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Finally, I just let out a scream during the blast beat part of the solo of "Dead Black" without worrying about activating Overdrive :p
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    HMXOwl said:
    I think people are missing something important here: on-the-fly mic adjustments without having to back out to the menu. I think that's new too, isn't it?
  • HMXOwl said:
    I think people are missing something important here: on-the-fly mic adjustments without having to back out to the menu. I think that's new too, isn't it?
    You'd have to tell me where you're seeing that. I'm a big proponent of it, but it ain't there.
    HMXOwl said:

HMXOwl said:
    You'd have to tell me where you're seeing that. I'm a big proponent of it, but it ain't there.
    In the video, aren't they pausing the song and bringing up the mic menu to show the instrument options mid-song? I didn't think we could do that right now. Maybe I'm wrong.
  • HMXOwl said:

HMXOwl said:
    In the video, aren't they pausing the song and bringing up the mic menu to show the instrument options mid-song? I didn't think we could do that right now. Maybe I'm wrong.
    If I'm following you, that's always been a thing. Have you only been adjusting it from like, the Quickplay menu overshell?
    I thought people were complaining about not being able to adjust it on the fly. Well, I guess you can't... but it isn't that cumbersome per the video. I personally don't adjust it much so it doesn't bother me.
  • I thought people were complaining about not being able to adjust it on the fly.

That's just the song pausing while it happens, so you can't hear the change until you back out and resume. You can totally change it DURING the song, it's just not dynamic.