Which Decades Of Music Is Your Favorite?

DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
edited May 10 in History of Rock
Discuss below :)

Edit: haha I got struck with the random results

Which Decades Of Music Is Your Favorite? 19 votes

Keep her on the low -Mindless Behavior
10%
brookfieldworldorder 2 votes
1950s
5%
FritzyKatz 1 vote
Brightside -Mindless Behavior
5%
1 vote
1960s
5%
TubaDude49 1 vote
Girls talkin bout -Mindless Behavior
5%
1 vote
1970s
15%
Polterscheistdjb5f1Nik_Danger 3 votes
All around the world -Mindless Behavior
10%
HMXOwl 2 votes
1980s
31%
Dangimarockernuttzo31Michael080869CanuckGamerWildcat15JonathanH 6 votes
Mrs. Right -Mindless Behavior Ft. Diggy Simmons
10%
LordFlatus 2 votes
1990s
10%
darkwinterbeast8razor63 2 votes
2000s
5%
LiveHomeVideo 1 vote
2010s
10%
hiimSMAPMythsOfMetal 2 votes

Comments

• 1980s
    Mindless Behavior pack confirmed.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    2000s
    When it comes to music that is popular, I'll take the 2000's, the decade of emo, eurodance, techno, and post-grunge. However, That doesn't mean I have a preference of any decade over the other. Each decade has music that I like a lot, and to play favorites outside of strictly popular music would be impossible for me. For example, I like 50's rock 'n roll; I really like 60's psychedelic and hard rock; I'm very much into 70's prog rock, punk, and early heavy metal; the 80's has some great new wave and punk; the 90's has grunge, techno, metal, and hip-hop that I like; the 2000's has those genres I mentioned, plus some great metal (especially with the genre breaking out into more subgenres that are really varied), electronic, and even some of the early-2000's pop is pretty great; and when it comes to this decade I'm very much into the metal, electronic (at least the heavier sides of electronic, such as dubstep and experimental stuff), and experimental music as a whole.

So picking one decade that I prefer over the other when it comes to music in general is impossible for me, so I'll just choose over what pop music I prefer.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    1960s
    They seem so simple now, but iconic riffs like Sunshine of Your Love make this no contest for me. Good Vibrations, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Space Oddity, Pinball Wizard, All Along the Watchtower, the list goes on.
  • Keep her on the low -Mindless Behavior
    Still not as good as the mac and cheese poll.
  • 1990s
    There is a lot of great music to be found in every decade, as well as a ton of audio fecal matter. As far music in my iTunes library is concerned I have more from the 1990's than any other decade so I went with that to keep it short.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Mrs. Right -Mindless Behavior Ft. Diggy Simmons
    80s all the way. You have the American punk movement hitting its stride along with the always awesome New Wave movement plus you also get Hair Metal thrown in as a bonus. How can any other decade possibly compete with all that?
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    edited May 16
    1990s
    Let's see... I grew up with the music of the 2000s, got into music properly in the 2010s, and have a song library of approx. ~8000 songs, from the Doors, Hendrix, and Fleetwood Mac, to Gaga etc. so, naturally, my most played music is 90s alt. (I think).

EDIT: I checked, and there is no pattern to what I listen to, but 90s and early 00s alt. and pop rock a la Gin Blossoms, Lifehouse etc. are among the most listened to, by song.
  • MythsOfMetalMythsOfMetal Unsigned
    edited May 19
    2010s
    As a metalhead who's really into extreme metal, the 90's, 00's, and 10's are all about equal to me and are my preferred decades to the 80's and 70's. I went with the 10's because I assumed it'd be the least chosen, though before my vote it was equal with the 00's, so I guess I was mistaken. I can't really decide between the three fav decades on any other metric, so I'm leaving it as is.