Season 1 is Coming...

edited May 12 in Rock Band
http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/season-1-is-coming-are-you-ready/
HMXJosh said:

The next update to Rock Band 4 is right around the corner! We’ve revealed Seasons and Missions over the last couple weeks, and we’re putting the finishing touches on the patch to get it ready. We thought this would be the perfect time to share more about the end of Season 0 and the start of Season 1.

For starters, we mentioned that there would be exclusive rewards depending on where you end in Season 0. We’ll be putting a spit shine on these before you can slap ‘em on your characters, but without further ado, feast your eyes on these beauties:

Shooting stars, rainbow dinos, diamond-eyed cats, and regal eagles! Plus, you’ll receive all rewards for tiers below yours as well, in case you feel like changing things up when the Bloodstone shirt gets old (spoilers: it never will). What more could you ask for? Oh, details about when these will get handed out? Read on, Macduff.

The final Challenge of Season 0 will end on Tuesday, June 13th. Season 1 will begin on that same week on Thursday, June 15th. There’s even enough time that if you make a new Crew in Bronze today, you could get to Bloodstone for the close of the Season. These shirts won’t be available again after Season 0 ends, so no time like the present to chase after that eagle!

Keep in mind that the last Challenge or two will come after the update, which will close the exploits that a select few are using to cheat their way to the top. We’ve worked hard to ensure a level playing field in the final days of Season 0.

Regarding exploits, we opened the discussion when we announced Seasons around what to do with the leaderboards. We’re going to be moving forward with the #2 option there, where we leave most scores alone, and do a targeted wipe to affect the top exploited scores. Since then, we’ve developed a means to determine the maximum possible score on drums, so only exploited scores will be lowered, with all legitimate scores being kept intact. Guitar, bass, and vocal scores will have the targeted wipe we detailed before, where we’ll target exploit scores, but might hit some legitimate scores in the process. As we mentioned, all Full Combo and Gold Stars will be kept intact, even if your score is reduced, and the overwhelming majority of players will be unaffected by these adjustments.

Keep an eye out for more info about the upcoming update! It’s a big one, and there’s still more to share.

Comments

• edited May 12
    June 13 is when Season 0 ends and June 15 is when Season 1 starts, huh? Okay, I can wait till then...

BTW, the clothing looks pretty cool. I like the ones with the Dinosaur and the Eagle.
  • So the update is coming end of May/beginning of June then. Looking forward to it.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    @HMXJosh step up your game so we can get those shirts! ;)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I want a kimono!

No, actually, these are amazing
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    I love the dinosaur rainbow tee!!! I can't wait to wear that!
  • My OCD is killing me each shirt in the graphic keeps getting longer. :(
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    finally, @Dadasaurus Rex gets a t-shirt
  • Some advice for all the crews out there. The final challenge of Season 0 goes through half of E3. Microsoft and Bethesda have their conferences on Sunday, Ubisoft and Sony have their conferences on Monday and there's a lot of Nintendo stuff on Tuesday.

Don't assume that your position will be comfortable during these E3 events, watching too many of these may cause your crew to demote or just miss promotion. If you really want the clothing items then make sure you're aware of your position and add in extra time playing RB4 to secure the rank you really want. Take this seriously if you really want the clothing items as when they're gone, they're gone.
  • twistedoaktwistedoak Unsigned
    I didnt see a reward shirt for being at the top of bloodstone (a reward was mentioned in the updates are coming thread). If you do decide to differentiate from the top of bloodstone to the bottom of bloodstone, can you take into account total rivals points?

The only way our crew can get 1st place is to take first in both leaderboards, otherwise we lose in that stupid random tiebreaker system that's in place. Our crew has been first 11 different weeks in bloodstone and I hope that's looked at if there is indeed someone on top of the heap.
  • I didnt see a reward shirt for being at the top of bloodstone (a reward was mentioned in the updates are coming thread). If you do decide to differentiate from the top of bloodstone to the bottom of bloodstone, can you take into account total rivals points?

The only way our crew can get 1st place is to take first in both leaderboards, otherwise we lose in that stupid random tiebreaker system that's in place. Our crew has been first 11 different weeks in bloodstone and I hope that's looked at if there is indeed someone on top of the heap.

"At the end of that season, rewards will be doled out based on what tier you end on, as well as where you stack up in that tier (being at the top of Bloodstone will offer better rewards than just being in the tier!)," isn't referring to Season 0, it's referring to the not-yet-implemented Season system.
  • twistedoaktwistedoak Unsigned
    Ah, my mistake.

Disregard.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior

Some advice for all the crews out there. The final challenge of Season 0 goes through half of E3. Microsoft and Bethesda have their conferences on Sunday, Ubisoft and Sony have their conferences on Monday and there's a lot of Nintendo stuff on Tuesday.

Don't assume that your position will be comfortable during these E3 events, watching too many of these may cause your crew to demote or just miss promotion. If you really want the clothing items then make sure you're aware of your position and add in extra time playing RB4 to secure the rank you really want. Take this seriously if you really want the clothing items as when they're gone, they're gone.

I've watched every Sony conference live since 2005. I'm not breaking my streak for a virtual T-Shirt.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited May 12

Some advice for all the crews out there. The final challenge of Season 0 goes through half of E3. Microsoft and Bethesda have their conferences on Sunday, Ubisoft and Sony have their conferences on Monday and there's a lot of Nintendo stuff on Tuesday.

I've watched every Sony conference live since 2005. I'm not breaking my streak for a virtual T-Shirt.
    Well I wasn't saying don't watch any E3 stuff I'm just saying that for example watching everything including Nintendo Treehouse and the Splatoon 2 tournament would detriment crew potential. I'm planning on watching Microsoft, Ubisoft and Nintendo with playing RB4 while Treehouse is on (for example chances are the 3DS sections are not going to interest me anyway, my last 3DS game will probably be Fire Emblem Echoes).
  • Are you in the same crew?! :D
  • silvioles said:

Are you in the same crew?! :D

No, we're on different consoles.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...

My OCD is killing me each shirt in the graphic keeps getting longer. :(

That's just confirmation that they're working on updating the character customization options. Bodies will now be available in small, medium, and large sizes.

...unless they already do... I have no clue, I don't really pay much attention to that.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    cool, ill be on vacation that week.
  • My crew just dropped to Gold this week... I hope we can stay in Platinum until Season 0 ends! We stayed put in Plat for so long lol but once in a while we drop to Gold.
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    Cool beans
  • XtremeNightsXtremeNights Opening Act
    @HMXOwl This means we just have to be promoted to Bloodstone the night the challenge ends right? We could go from Diamond to Bloodstone and get the reward? Or do we have to be in Bloodstone and stay in bloodstone at the end.
  • Same question ^
    If I fall to gold this week but I stay in promotion zone to platinum next week, will I still get the cat shirt?
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    BachiG said:

That's just confirmation that they're working on updating the character customization options. Bodies will now be available in small, medium, and large sizes.

...unless they already do... I have no clue, I don't really pay much attention to that.
    I'm not too worried about the body sizes any more, but I really do wish the t-shirts were baggier. That hint of midriff is just not something I relate to
  • LuigiHann said:

BachiG said:

I'm not too worried about the body sizes any more, but I really do wish the t-shirts were baggier. That hint of midriff is just not something I relate to
    I mean, I probably won't use the shirt on any of my characters. I just want to have it for bragging rights lol but I do agree the bare midriff is a bit... too much.
  • Nothing is hotter than the hairy over-weight belly of a 40 year old man coming out to say "Hello!" during a show.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    In real life, no one needs to see my midriff.
    But in RB4, we are all trim and fit, so ... sure!
  • mesabassmanmesabassman Unsigned
    Do we have an ETA when the update will be coming out?