Rock Band Companion App v2!

Comments

• thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    I like what I've seen so far a lot. Nice job.
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    Something I noticed is that the 3 spotlight songs are not included in the filter for viewing the weekly challenge songs. Would be nice to have them included.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Good to see the latest version of the app is on the AU iTunes store as well, but it's still showing that I only own 89 songs. That's nowhere near to the 1838 that RB4 tells me I have installed. :confused:

Liking the song list addition. Even if I don't play in a crew (yet), it's good to see what songs are available, as it helps new players select what they may wanna play next, but even though I have the AU version, clicking on Buy It Now takes me to the US PSN Store... that should be fixed!
  • Graffin said:

Good to see the latest version of the app is on the AU iTunes store as well, but it's still showing that I only own 89 songs. That's nowhere near to the 1838 that RB4 tells me I have installed. :confused:

Liking the song list addition. Even if I don't play in a crew (yet), it's good to see what songs are available, as it helps new players select what they may wanna play next, but even though I have the AU version, clicking on Buy It Now takes me to the US PSN Store... that should be fixed!

i own 1829 songs, for the app are 65....
  • Mr. TateMr. Tate Road Warrior
    First of all, thank you everybody for your feedback! Song count and avatars have already been addressed but I'm reiterating it here: both are beyond the control of the app itself unfortunately. The total count should be addressed when the game update hits. For the avatars, most probable issue is that those are still Rock Band 3-era avatars, in which case we don't have access to those because of first party policy.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Mr. Tate said:

First of all, thank you everybody for your feedback! Song count and avatars have already been addressed but I'm reiterating it here: both are beyond the control of the app itself unfortunately. The total count should be addressed when the game update hits. For the avatars, most probable issue is that those are still Rock Band 3-era avatars, in which case we don't have access to those because of first party policy.

No, even new PS4 avatars aren't pushing through to the app for most people. We've had people in my crew test by changing avatars on the PS4 and the app still pulls up the generic default grey head.

Think I have experienced a bug. The new song list button seems to default to your primary instrument, however, if you switch away to a different instrument it disables the ability to select your primary instrument again. I can switch to any other instrument on that screen multiple times but not my primary one.

I've now tried this and... I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Iphone 5 iOS 10.2.1, my default instrument is guitar, but I was able to click on the instrument icon to bring up the picker and switch to another instrument, got to see the list for the other instrument, then clicked the instrument icon and picked guitar again and it went properly back to the guitar display. Whatever's happening for you isn't happening for everyone - there must be some other circumstance causing the glitch.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Yeah, I have iPhone 7 and have same issue where instrument does not update. Bass is my default and if I switch to Guitar, it still shows Bass icon on song list page and Bass scores. I can sort by Guitar difficulty but still shows Bass scores.

Is there a way to choose whether to sort by ascending/descending order? That would be nice.

And not seeing song count for whatever I filtered. They have song count by category within filter but not Total.
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    edited May 16
    Love the updated features and again want to say thank you and nice work!

One other issue I am seeing is the filters seem to be inconsistent. Specifically I am sorting by Artist, and then selecting Filter on Drum Solos- songs that have drum solos are not showing, and the many that are don't have drum solos. For example, I don't see Pantera '13 Steps to Nowhere' or James Gang 'Funk #49' showing up even though they have drum solos. But Simon & Garfunkel's 'The Sounds of Silence' is showing up when it has no solo. Not sure if it is just a glitch with my device or if others are seeing this? I am using an iPhone7 with iOS 10.3.1.

EDIT: It is almost like the solo filter is filtering OUT the songs with solos. I don't see Funk #49 when I select only drum solos, but I do see it if I select guitar or bass solos.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act

Think I have experienced a bug. The new song list button seems to default to your primary instrument, however, if you switch away to a different instrument it disables the ability to select your primary instrument again. I can switch to any other instrument on that screen multiple times but not my primary one.

I've now tried this and... I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Iphone 5 iOS 10.2.1, my default instrument is guitar, but I was able to click on the instrument icon to bring up the picker and switch to another instrument, got to see the list for the other instrument, then clicked the instrument icon and picked guitar again and it went properly back to the guitar display. Whatever's happening for you isn't happening for everyone - there must be some other circumstance causing the glitch.
    Upon further testing, whatever instrument I have selected on the "My Stats" button makes that same instrument not pickable on the "Song List" button. When I change to guitar on the stats screen, I can no longer select guitar on the song list screen. Like the update a lot, just having this weird glitch right now.

I'm on iPhone 6 and 10.2 but have the new update to 10.3.2 waiting. Maybe it's time to finally update and test again.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    I like that there's a RBN section in the 'Source' sort. ;)
  • I like that there's a RBN section in the 'Source' sort. ;)

It's for the 30 Song Mega Pack, sorry!
  • revengefanrevengefan Unsigned
    Are the delisted songs going to show up in the song list eventually? All the ones I downloaded last week like Metallica aren't there.
    Weird, I only have 28 songs in the 123 section. Thanks for showing that they are there for you though.
    Maybe I need to turn on the game after the update.
  • Definitely should. It pulls off your installs.
    edited May 16
    ok, one more thing. When looking at the song list, if I switch to harmonies, it says No Songs Found. Every other instrument, including solo vocals, pulls up the list.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    Still having the same issues, whatever instrument I've got selected on "My Stats" makes the same instrument not selectable on the new "Song List" page.

@HMXOwl Is there a bug report page for the app anywhere? Could you just point the devs to this thread? Running iPhone 6 on iOS 10.3.2 if that is relevant.
  • They've got their eyes on everything, no worries.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    dllewel said:

Love the updated features and again want to say thank you and nice work!

One other issue I am seeing is the filters seem to be inconsistent. Specifically I am sorting by Artist, and then selecting Filter on Drum Solos- songs that have drum solos are not showing, and the many that are don't have drum solos. For example, I don't see Pantera '13 Steps to Nowhere' or James Gang 'Funk #49' showing up even though they have drum solos. But Simon & Garfunkel's 'The Sounds of Silence' is showing up when it has no solo. Not sure if it is just a glitch with my device or if others are seeing this? I am using an iPhone7 with iOS 10.3.1.

EDIT: It is almost like the solo filter is filtering OUT the songs with solos. I don't see Funk #49 when I select only drum solos, but I do see it if I select guitar or bass solos.

I'm seeing the same thing. Songs with no solos are selected by default, which makes it spectacularly useless for filtering your library down to only songs with solos, which I'd assume is the entire point of putting that filter option in the app in the first place. Hope it's just a bug and not actually how it's supposed to work.
    edited May 16
    HMXOwl said:

They've got their eyes on everything, no worries.

Yes but have they become self-conscious yet??
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    The Rock Band Companion App v2 goes on-line May 15th, 2017. Human decisions are removed from keeping track of scores and song tracks. RBCAv2 begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, May 17th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. The Awesomeness Detector becomes a litmus test that determines who survives, and who will be blocked from Rock Band Central ... forever.
  • edited May 16

begins to learn at a geometric rate.

Well, at least we've got a longer lead to solve it than most AI takeovers.
    HMXOwl said:

begins to learn at a geometric rate.

Well, at least we've got a longer lead to solve it than most AI takeovers.
    Yeah but you don't know what geometric rate it will be going at. I mean, yeah it's not exponential growth but...

Is it a circle? A triangle? Just for the love of cheese please say it isn't a rhombus!?!?!
  • mesabassmanmesabassman Unsigned
    App still shows 524 songs owned and I own close to 1,000. I was hoping this would be fixed.
    edited May 17
    They've already talked about that.

The song list in the app should be accurate to your present installs (match your song list in game, provided you've actually played the game connected to the internet since your last song install).

The songs-owned count in the app still matches the songs-owned count in the My Stats in-game, and both have been wrong for a long time (it's not an app problem, it's a server-side count algorithm that's screwed up; both the app and the in-game My Stats page call it) . That is known and being looked at (and likely eventually replaced with the songlist count).
  • lightsup55lightsup55 Opening Act
    Any chance of releasing a Windows Phone (WP8/Win10 Mobile) version?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Now I'm down to 89 songs owned (according to the app). I think I was listed in the 600s a few weeks ago (and approaching 1200 in reality). This will be fixed eventually? Cool. I was starting to think it was unfixable, permanently.

I think when they said, "it'll be fixed with the next patch", people were assuming that meant, "in the next few hours".

So many great additions to the app, I'm thrilled to see it is still being actively developed. I'm not going to dig too much into it yet, it sounds like there are still a few glitches with this release.
  • II_IronII_Iron Opening Act
    On iOS it makes me choose console and log in every time I launch the app?
    edited May 17

Now I'm down to 89 songs owned (according to the app). I think I was listed in the 600s a few weeks ago (and approaching 1200 in reality). This will be fixed eventually? Cool. I was starting to think it was unfixable, permanently.

I think trying to derive server-side account ownership *is* unfixable, and that's what they've been trying to make it do (figure out what your gamertag/PSNid owns rights to and display that as a number).

In a game patch they put in code that tells your client-side console to report its owned content at HMX-server login and now they make the app-list based on that, and shortly will be making the songs-owned counter abandon the server-side-counter lost cause and use the number from the installed-content information.