Rock Band Companion App v2!

Comments

• BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned

HMXOwl said:

begins to learn at a geometric rate.

Well, at least we've got a longer lead to solve it than most AI takeovers.
    Yeah but you don't know what geometric rate it will be going at. I mean, yeah it's not exponential growth but...

Is it a circle? A triangle? Just for the love of cheese please say it isn't a rhombus!?!?!
    It's far, far worse than you have even imagined.

It's a trapezoid.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    BaronRob said:

HMXOwl said:

begins to learn at a geometric rate.

Well, at least we've got a longer lead to solve it than most AI takeovers.
    Yeah but you don't know what geometric rate it will be going at. I mean, yeah it's not exponential growth but...

Is it a circle? A triangle? Just for the love of cheese please say it isn't a rhombus!?!?!
    It's far, far worse than you have even imagined.

It's a trapezoid.
    Tra---- what now?

Let's see throw away the tr because it's irrelevant and you have.... oh my good golly ms. molly...

Zoidberg in the form of an ape?!?!?

You're right... it's a monster!!!

• gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
    Great job Harmonix!! I am loving what you are doing. Thank you
  • Thank you, nice new features were added! One minor point: Difficulty for a Song shows 7 Dots instead of "No Part" in case not all instruments are available. See "Landslide"
  • Mr. TateMr. Tate Road Warrior
    Thank you, we are aware of the issue. ;)
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    Loving the app update.

When sorting by difficulty it uses a different order than the game. The app is the sorting alphabetically by song title inside each difficulty. Would be nice if I could scroll through both lists in same order but understand if this is not possible to do on app.
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    The update is awesome. What would be cool is if there was a feature to add songs that it does not recognize that you own to your library. I have a library of 1,541 songs, but they are spread out across two gamertags because I lost access to my first one for a couple of years and started building the rest of my library on my second one.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited May 20
    Uh, that's exactly what it does. I have three songs that aren't owned by "me" (they're owned by a different me that has an account homed to my system) and they're in the app's song list filtering on owned. Because the app song list isn't based on detected song ownership (they tried that and failed miserably), it is based on actual installed content on your console (based on the last time you played) - whether your main account owns it or not.
  • NavyCherubNavyCherub Unsigned
    edited May 20
    Thanks for this update. No longer do I have to guess whether the people above me on a spotlight song are in the same tier as me or not. That alone has me using the app way, way more than I ever used to.
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior

Uh, that's exactly what it does. I have three songs that aren't owned by "me" (they're owned by a different me that has an account homed to my system) and they're in the app's song list filtering on owned. Because the app song list isn't based on detected song ownership (they tried that and failed miserably), it is based on actual installed content on your console (based on the last time you played) - whether your main account owns it or not.

I didn't go through and add up what it said I had, I was only going by the song count it says I have, but you're right. It's just the songs owned number is different than the amount it says I own on the song list part. Thanks.
  • KainKain Unsigned
    I don't know about you guys, but the Rock Band app isn't working for me. Don't know how long it's been like this, but at least since last night. I would try to start it up and I'd just get a black screen with the throbber and "Please Wait". After forever, I uninstalled it from the Android and redownloaded it from the Google Play Store. I start it up, it asks my platform, I enter my credentials and then quickly get a page that says:

Sign in to Playstation Network

Webpage not available

The webpage at orbit://games?code=xxXXxX might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Suggestions:
    • Make sure you have a data connection
    • Reload this webpage
    • Check the address you entered
    Then it gives an error message of "Something Went Wrong, Please Try Again Later."

Aftrr restarting the app, I'm back to the black "Please Wait" throbber screen that goes nowhere...
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    I think servers are temporarily down for maintenance before the big update.
  • @Kain I don't think the app works when the Rock Central servers are down. The servers are meant to be back up in around 2 hours so check again then.
  • KainKain Unsigned
    Thanks, that makes sense. I didn't know the servers were down. Was this announced somewhere or was it something we were just supposed to telepathically know, like what this week's DLC releases are?
  • @Kain HMX announced yesterday that the servers were going down at midnight eastern time (shortly after the challenge ended) for maintenance in preparation for the new update which is being released at 3pm eastern today.
    This tweet came 19 hours ago from @RockBand

Our next #RockBand update w/ Seasons, Missions, & a lot more will be coming tomorrow! Servers will come down at midnight ET to prepare.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I saw the update announcement on several outlets yesterday, with each one stating that the servers would be down overnight in preparation.
  • KainKain Unsigned
    Ah, that would be the problem. I don't bother with Twitter and the only Rock Band outlet I would have paid attention to is the Announcement forum here on this site or a stickied thread in the Rockband Forum. Any other news feed source I use (like IGN, GameSpot, etc.) wouldn't mention it.
  • @Kain Also, they announced that this week won't have new DLC... I don't remember the thread it was announced on, though.
  • KainKain Unsigned
    Argh! Something that could have been brought to my attention yesterday. :s
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    The app now says I own 1,298 songs. That's very close (or maybe even exactly the same?) as what the game itself says.
    Yep, the My Stats counter is now showing the total installed content, and is no longer trying to derive account ownership.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    The new app is both a blessing and a boon for me. It's a blessing because it's reminding me of songs I've missed and been meaning to buy. And it's a boon because it's reminding me of songs I've missed, am now buying, and draining my account balance.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Agree, I keep buying but my wishlist keeps growing. How does that happen!?
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    Hmm...I haven't really bought much in the last couple of months.

I need to change this. I'm almost at 2,000! =D
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    My song count is looking correct now too with the new app. An issue I am having is that the Activity Feed on my companion app has not updated since the servers went down for the updated patch last Wednesday. I am seeing crew activity in game, but not in the companion app. Anyone else seeing this?
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    dllewel said:

My song count is looking correct now too with the new app. An issue I am having is that the Activity Feed on my companion app has not updated since the servers went down for the updated patch last Wednesday. I am seeing crew activity in game, but not in the companion app. Anyone else seeing this?

I had an issue with that over the weekend, but it resolved itself around 11am today.
  • dllewel said:

An issue I am having is that the Activity Feed on my companion app has not updated since the servers went down for the updated patch last Wednesday. I am seeing crew activity in game, but not in the companion app. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm having the same issue.
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    Thanks for the feedback both of you. I just looked again now and it updated! Thank you.
  • KazooKazoo Unsigned
    Minor issue.... during Season 0, the "Time Left" would stop updating, even if I refreshed in the app. I would need to kill the app and restart it to get an updated "Time Left" for the Rivals challenge.

iOS platform, btw.