Persona Discussion Thread

Now, I'm a long time Persona fan (having played 3 FES, 3 Portable, 4 Golden, Arena/AU, Dancing All Night, and 5), and noticed there are few others around here. So here it is: a Persona discussion thread. Personally, 3 is my favorite, the characters and especially the story are more towards my tastes than P4 or P5 (not that I don't love those either), and Greek mythology is something I'm keen about, so it just adds up.

So I guess, the first question is: Which is your favorite, and why?

Comments

• I am a huge Persona fan, too! :D

I've played the first Persona game that came out on the PS1, and enjoyed it. I have all 5 of the main games, but no sidegames like Arena, Arena Ultimax, Dancing All Night, and Q unfortunately. (I do however, have remakes of the 5 games (Except for Persona 2 Eternal Punishment for PSP, which never came out in the United States).

Anyways, my favorite is Persona 4, because Japanese Mythology (Which most of the main character's Persona is based upon) is interesting, and the music is awesome.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned

I am a huge Persona fan, too! :D

Anyways, my favorite is Persona 4, because Japanese Mythology (Which most of the main character's Persona is based upon) is interesting, and the music is awesome.

Nice! I do really like the P4 personas/personae too, I just wasn't as familiar with the figures of Japanese myth beforehand, as I was with Greek. However, the tale of Izanagi and Izanami is very cool (even if it's eerily similar to the tale of Orpheus and Eurydice). I think Konohana Sakuya was probably my favorite of the P4 personas, but Izanagi, Izanagi-no-Okami and Magatsu-Izanagi all had very cool designs too.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    I never saw it coming.

I was probably just short of halfway through P4G when my Vita got stolen. I should pick that back up.

I'm on my second playthrough of 5 and finished the first palace yesterday.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    LoopyChew said:

I never saw it coming.

I was probably just short of halfway through P4G when my Vita got stolen. I should pick that back up.

I'm on my second playthrough of 5 and finished the first palace yesterday.

Damn shame your Vita got stolen, but P4G is definitely worth it. I think it's an improved version of P4 (apart from that one character), just with an extra social link (technically two, but ugh on the 2nd), extra events, and a Valentine's Day that puts P5's to shame.

I've just finished the 5th palace again on P5 runthrough 3.25, and I can safely say it is my tied bottom in playability.