June 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Summer "Rock"stice

Given the Xbox leak from earlier today, we know the first week of the month is shaping up to be The Wind and The Wave (Grand Canyon) and Carrie Underwood (Church Bells).

So, as E3 is in the middle of the month, will the update bring those 4 songs from Boston bands to the game? Some surprises?

More cryptic hints from The Cyber?

I dunno, I don't run these things :p

Comments

• edited May 23
    6/1: Leaked Songs
    -Grand Canyon-Wind and the Wave
    -Church Bells-Carrie Underwood

6/8:Mixed Singles:
    -Summer Of 69-Bryan Adams (Rewind)
    -Gold On the Ceiling- The Black Keys

6/15: Blur 01:
    -Coffee and TV
    -Parklife
    -Song 2 (Rewind)

6/22: Mixed Singles:
    -Maps- Maroon 5
    Girls The 1975

6/29: Paramore 02:
    -Ain't It Fun
    -Hard Times
    -Misery Buisness (Rewind)

Since we're gonna be going with VR songs for a while, we may as well be in it for the long haul.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    Maroon 5 could be a pack.

Something like Animals, Harder to Breathe and Maps.

I'd also expect Rebel Heart and/or True Confessions to be our "surprise" songs this month.
  • Maroon 5 could be a pack.

Something like Animals, Harder to Breathe and Maps.

I'd also expect Rebel Heart and/or True Confessions to be our "surprise" songs this month.

Probably, also the fact that they're adding native U.K. Bands makes me hopeful about some of the Lego Rewind songs like Naive,Monster and Ruby.
  • edited May 23
    I'll make my prediction for June. (I'm still feeling salty from May, which had no Rewinds at all).

June 1
    - Carrie Underwood - Church Bells
    - The Wind and The Wave - Grand Canyon

June 8 - Permaband
    - Killing is Just a Means
    - Warp to the Dance Floor
    - Wrecking Machine

June 16 - Celebrating Cars 3 Pack
    - Brad Paisley & Robbie Williams - Collision of Worlds
    - Rascals Flatt - Life is a Highway (LRB Rewind)
    - ZZ Ward - Ride (feat. Gary Clark Jr)

June 22 - Catch up on those Rewinds
    - Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way (RB2 Rewind)
    - The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again (RB1 Rewind)

June 29 - We Love Canada Pack
    - Alanis Morissette - You Ougtha Know (RB2 Rewind)
    - Bachman Turner Overdrive - Takin' Care of Business
    - Rush - Freewill (Vault Edition) (RBVR Carryover)

LOL, I'm amused that some people are forgetting about the Permaband announcement. :p

EDIT: Added the Permaband Song Titles.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    Eh. Hard for me to even think what's up their sleeve besides that it's highly unlikely we get as many songs as people list. I'd say 6 songs a month becomes the norm with maybe 1-3 extra on special occasion (to make packs).
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Grand Canyon
    Church Bells

Gold on the Ceiling
    Ship to Wreck

Ain't it Fun
    The Chain

Cliffs of Dover
    Heartbreak Beat
  • I'll make my prediction for June. (I'm still feeling salty from May, which had no Rewinds at all).

June 1
    - Carrie Underwood - Church Bells
    - The Wind and The Wave - Grand Canyon

June 8 - Permaband
    - (Forgot)
    - (Didn't paid attention)
    - (What was the songs again?)

June 16 - Celebrating Cars 3 Pack
    - Brad Paisley & Robbie Williams - Collision of Worlds
    - Rascals Flatt - Life is a Highway (LRB Rewind)
    - ZZ Ward - Ride (feat. Gary Clark Jr)

June 22 - Catch up on those Rewinds
    - Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way (RB2 Rewind)
    - The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again (RB1 Rewind)

June 29 - We Love Canada Pack
    - Alanis Morissette - You Ougtha Know (RB2 Rewind)
    - Bachman Turner Overdrive - Takin' Care of Business
    - Rush - Freewill (Vault Edition) (RBVR Carryover)

LOL, I'm amused that some people are forgetting about the Permaband announcement. :p

Yeah but Permaband is a Rivals Expansion songs. They don't really count.
    Actually, Permaband will be free for EVERYONE, Rivals owner or not iirc.

Paging @HMXOwl to confirm.
    tdc002 said:

2+ songs a week? What decade do you guys think we're in? We'll be lucky to get more than 6 songs at the rate things went this month. We're nearly in Guitar Hero Live territory.

When they straight up STOP promoting that we get new songs and leave it up to fans to scour a song cache to find new songs and report it to the rest of the community, THEN we'll be there.

Give HMX credit, when they have something to promote, they at least promote it. To a degree.
  • There was an Xbox leak earlier today? Ok then, well here's my predictions. A bit different than planned as You & Me doesn't sound hard on drums.

6/1 - Leaked songs
    Carrie Underwood - "Church Bells"
    The Wind and the Wave - "Grand Canyon"

6/8 - Final Season 0 Challenge Week
    Dream Theater - "Pull Me Under"
    Rush - "Freewill (Vault Edition)"

6/15 - Permaband
    Killing is Just a Means
    Wrecking Machine

6/22 - Hair Metal
    Whitesnake - "Is This Love"
    Europe - "The Final Countdown" (rewind)

6/29 - Coldplay Collection 02 (Celebrating the release of Kaleidoscope on June 30th)
    Birds
    Something Just Like This (Coldplay & The Chainsmokers)
    Paradise
  • TheMuralsTheMurals Unsigned
    Incidentally, in a few weeks, it appears Guitar Hero Live itself is ending new DLC, as nothing's shown up in the cache since the beginning of the year and the last planned batch is for June.
    Or maybe there's more stuff coming there but Activision is just REALLY excited about CoD; WWII.

Just a hunch.
  • TheMurals said:

Incidentally, in a few weeks, it appears Guitar Hero Live itself is ending new DLC, as nothing's shown up in the cache since the beginning of the year and the last planned batch is for June.

I heard they messed up the May batch (there was 1 repeat in the new content premium show) so they may use that mistake to extend the new content to July (say 3 new songs in June and 1 new song in July or vice versa).
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited May 23

Or maybe there's more stuff coming there but Activision is just REALLY excited about CoD; WWII.

Just a hunch.

Yeah!! Maybe they're keeping secret their next big game coming out in the fall... Guitar Hero Live: Led Zeppelin!!! :)

I still can't believe they haven't gotten the rights to them yet!! They have 'em in a commercial! Hopefully they can get them locked down soon!! Would love Immigrant Song on the drums!!!!
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    TheMurals said:

The cache also said they had Metallica coming. Grain of salt
  • What am I missing with all the snarky GH:L comments?
  • I'm guessing Kissing Strangers by DNCE feat. Nicki Minaj and Believer by Imagine Dragons for sometime in the near future.

I'm also predicting that I will be spending more on RS DLC vs. RB DLC.
  • Well the first week of June is a complete skip for me, when I said I wanted more country I was hoping for 90's Country

Here is what I think is coming

Maroon 5
    Permaband
    Ghost
    Paramore
  • @KidSleez Basically how the GH community is being treated regarding GHL is basically exactly how you shouldn't treat your fanbase. For a while now, GH fans have had to rely on IOS leaks as the only evidence of GHL not being completely dead, major gamebreaking bugs have been completely ignored (especially on the PS4 version which is ironic as Activision has "PS4 timed exclusivity" for most of their other franchises), "DLC" has been up to 3 songs a month for a while now and more bad things.

With RB, you know there's a new update coming within the next few weeks which adds more features and fixes bugs, you know that every week there will be DLC announcements, you know that there will be Rivals challenges starting every Thursday, etc.
  • @KidSleez Basically how the GH community is being treated regarding GHL is basically exactly how you shouldn't treat your fanbase. For a while now, GH fans have had to rely on IOS leaks as the only evidence of GHL not being completely dead, major gamebreaking bugs have been completely ignored (especially on the PS4 version which is ironic as Activision has "PS4 timed exclusivity" for most of their other franchises), "DLC" has been up to 3 songs a month for a while now and more bad things.

With RB, you know there's a new update coming within the next few weeks which adds more features and fixes bugs, you know that every week there will be DLC announcements, you know that there will be Rivals challenges starting every Thursday, etc.

I assumed GH:L was already dead anyway, so it seems a bit silly to kick the franchise while it's down and out. Not to mention it was awful from jump.

Also, just because RB is doing better than GH:L comparatively doesn't mean it's actually doing well. My interest is waning in RB. I used to look forward to my free time on the weekend because it meant I got to play RB. But I'm playing less and less now. And I know that's just my opinion, but I also think others here are in the same boat.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    here is my hopeful prediction

6/1:
    -Grand Canyon - Wind and the Wave
    -Church Bells - Carrie Underwood

6/8:
    Ghost - Cirice
    Volbeat - The Devil's Bleeding Crown

6/15:
    Permaband - Wrecking Machine
    Permaband - Killing is Just a Means

6/22:
    Argent - Hold Your Head Up
    The Five Man Electrical Band - Signs

6/29:
    Rush – Freewill (Vault Edition)
    Dream Theater – Pull Me Under
    Ayreon - Everybody Dies
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

@KidSleez Basically how the GH community is being treated regarding GHL is basically exactly how you shouldn't treat your fanbase. For a while now, GH fans have had to rely on IOS leaks as the only evidence of GHL not being completely dead, major gamebreaking bugs have been completely ignored (especially on the PS4 version which is ironic as Activision has "PS4 timed exclusivity" for most of their other franchises), "DLC" has been up to 3 songs a month for a while now and more bad things.

Except that isn't entirely true. Look at their Twitter and Instagram. They announce when new songs go up, they just don't announce them in advance.

Their last update was May 2nd, here's the Twitter post promoting it (granted, a day later):

They only release 3 songs at the start off each month, there's really not much for them to announce on social media. They still update the game with shows and themes (even with more unlockable note tracks, IIRC) but it's nothing that really deserves a ton of hype. Just because the fan community gets anxious and has to hack into iOS rather than just wait for an announcement at the start of the month doesn't mean they're not announcing anything.

As for patches, that's an entirely different animal, but GHL is hardly the first game to launch with major bugs and never address them.

But yeah, it's only a matter of time before GHTV stops adding songs, then shuts down entirely after that. Then anyone who bought GHL is going to be stuck with the 42 songs on disc and nothing else.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner

tdc002 said:

@KidSleez Basically how the GH community is being treated regarding GHL is basically exactly how you shouldn't treat your fanbase. For a while now, GH fans have had to rely on IOS leaks as the only evidence of GHL not being completely dead, major gamebreaking bugs have been completely ignored (especially on the PS4 version which is ironic as Activision has "PS4 timed exclusivity" for most of their other franchises), "DLC" has been up to 3 songs a month for a while now and more bad things.

But yeah, it's only a matter of time before GHTV stops adding songs, then shuts down entirely after that. Then anyone who bought GHL is going to be stuck with the 42 songs on disc and nothing else.
    That's not true at all! Activision is too good of a company to ever do that to its fan base! In fact, there was this one guy on a comment section for an article on IGN that told me you own the songs in GHL and not in Rock Band. Cause over time Harmonix will just pull what we have paid for from underneath our feet!! It's happening already! Look at all the delisted content and past exports people will never get back on here!!

Activision won't do this because they know they can be better with their customers than their competition is. It's not about money for them.
    This made me laugh so hard. :)
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited May 23
    @KidSleez I think it's a difficult one to be honest because of what is coming soon. You have the new Rivals update, likely more entitlement fixes, new DLC and E3 all within a few weeks. If there's no RB news outside of the weekly DLC on E3 week then sure there's reason to concerned about the future, even last year had some non-DLC RB news in the form of Rivals being the new expansion at a price of $30 of which the bulk Rivals news (some contents) was delayed to mid-July.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited May 23
    Free songs are counting as a DLC week now? So I guess there's only 3 weeks worth guessing between that and a leak.

Well lesse, what's the #1 popular song right now...
    ...'cause that's what we're mostly getting now...
    ...if only a highly requested band had a brand new single...
    ...oh look at that...

Dig Down by Muse
    Circe by Ghost as the RBVR throw in song so it doesn't look like one song per week.

Believer by Imagine Dragons
    I'm a Believer by Smash Mouth

Cars by Gary Numan to go with the release of Cars 3 (though would rather have the Fear Factory cover which is probably way better for the game, they also promoted the game and we never got anything from them, though I think it was an accessory for the game...still weird never getting them.)
    and a rewind song so it doesn't look like one song per week...Are You Gonna Be My Girl? by Jet
  • Free songs are counting as a DLC week now? So I guess there's only 3 weeks worth guessing between that and a leak.

Well lesse, what's the #1 popular song right now...
    ...'cause that's what we're mostly getting now...
    ...if only a highly requested band had a brand new single...
    ...oh look at that...

Dig Down by Muse
    Circe by Ghost as the RBVR throw in song so it doesn't look like one song per week.

Believer by Imagine Dragons
    I'm a Believer by Smash Mouth

Cars by Gary Numan to go with the release of Cars 3 (though would rather have the Fear Factory cover which is probably way better for the game, they also promoted the game and we never got anything from them, though I think it was an accessory for the game...still weird never getting them.)
    and a rewind song so it doesn't look like one song per week...Are You Gonna Be My Girl? by Jet

I'd like the Fear Factory version of Cars too. We ain't getting it though.
This discussion has been closed.