Greatest Rock Band Rig? / Post Yours

MusashiMusashi Unsigned
For several years, I've been bringing my Rock Band rig to various conventions and events in the Northeast to share with attendees. I often promote it as 'New England's Greatest Rock Band Station'. I freely admit that's a gimmick / catch phrase, but now I'm actually curious how mine really does stack up, especially against any that are playable at conventions.

This is everything I bring to events: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9sb7rPGGKQceGZjYXNfdEt1Xzg/view
My DLC QP page for an approximate songlist: http://dlcquickplay.com/user/musashi

At home, I use a 65" Panasonic Plasma TV and a 5.1 Stereo based around a Pioneer Receiver and Definitive Technology + Klipsh speakers in lieu of the 49" Sony LED and Vizio Sound Bar used on the road.

Comments

• MusashiMusashi Unsigned
    LoopyChew said:
    That's cool; I haven't gone as far as a truck and a mobile stage. But I do pretty well for stuff that fits in my car.

Looks like he uses a splitter to provide a separate screen for the drummer. I pack a splitter but I've only been using 1 screen lately.
  • edited June 21
    I'm definitely thinking that mine won't qualify as "greatest" in any sense of the word. In particular, it doesn't travel because I have a 2-door midlife crisis car with a tiny trunk.

Specs (some items not visible in the photo):
    • Samsung 52" LED TV
    • Denon HDR 5.2 Amp + (among other things) 1970s era Technics studio speakers
    • Acoustic Audio 2-channel sub
    • XBone (duh) with Strat, Drum, and wired PDP controllers
    • CL600 bidirectional microphone
    • Behringer MIC100 Amp
    • Decapitated Logitech mic that's now a USB pickup for the CL600+Behringer
    • TB X41 Interference Surround Wireless Headset
    • Razer Tarantula keyboard (if anybody has gotten 50 word message from me over XBL within 5 seconds, this is why).
    Photo, as promised (Living Room Clutter crew, eat your hearts out!):

ETA: For a prize... probably a 'like' ... name the cities depicted to the left and right of the TV. For a 'you disturb me prize', identify the one in the center.
  • MusashiMusashi Unsigned
    Animal! Very nice.

Riffraff, you use a Roc n Soc drum throne too?

For both home and road I am looking into solutions to amplify and accelerate singer voices so people can play the game and broadcast their singing voices at the same time without the lag the game current ails from. It would also help me MCing the station when long lines of players form. For now it looks like I would need a separate speaker/soundbar, microphones, a mixer/amplifier, and special USB+Audio splitters.
  • ZigZag2005ZigZag2005 Road Warrior
    Musashi said:

For both home and road I am looking into solutions to amplify and accelerate singer voices so people can play the game and broadcast their singing voices at the same time without the lag the game current ails from.

I use a mic into a mixer. The aux out from the mixer goes to a VoxBox, and the main out goes to a PA. In game, mic audio is set as low as it can go. Sensitivity and volume can both be adjusted from the mixer. :)
  • TB X41 Interference Surround Wireless Headset

@AndyTheIndigoer May I ask why you say this? My issues where from the WiFi router being too close to the headphones base. (as in your photo). I simply put the base for the headphones on the other side of the TV... I also try to bring it as close to me as possible whilst drumming. If I bring my BlueTooth keyboard or my Phone (on Wi-Fi) too close to my head, while playing, it starts cracklin-n-popping realllly bad. Otherwise an awesome headset!! :)

p.s. NEVER go by a Microwave, that's cooking, with these either!
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    edited June 22
    Damn, I knew my set-up was modest, but I never realized how much, heh. Here it is anyway (Don't look if you hate tangled wires):

Essentially:

24" Samsung HD TV of some kind or another.
    Logitech 2.1 speakers I got for $4-ish.
    Xbox One (regular, white for some reason).
    2x RB1 Wired Stratocasters.
    1x RB4 Wireless Stratocaster.
    1x Wii U Mic.
    1x RB 4 Mic.
    1x RB3 Mic.
    1x Rock Band Guitar tree.

And on rare, rare occasions:

Creative "Fatal1ty" Headset, or XB1 regular headset (for online), or Sennheiser PXC 250 stereo headset with noisegard.

• @AndyTheIndigoer May I ask why you say this? My issues where from the WiFi router being too close to the headphones base. (as in your photo). I simply put the base for the headphones on the other side of the TV... I also try to bring it as close to me as possible whilst drumming. If I bring my BlueTooth keyboard or my Phone (on Wi-Fi) too close to my head, while playing, it starts cracklin-n-popping realllly bad. Otherwise an awesome headset!! :)

Actually we were reading each others' minds a bit, because I just rearranged that two days ago. Actually, the setup that works best for me is Wi-Fi router and HP receiver on one side, and XBone on the other. Disconnects dropped in half.

After I set my Wi-Fi to low band (20MHz) the crackling stopped. It looks like the receiver was just fighting with the strat.

• RiffRaff4711RiffRaff4711 Unsigned
    edited June 23
    Musashi said:

Riffraff, you use a Roc n Soc drum throne too?

Oh yeah, they rule. I actually have an older one too, that I use for bass guitar now. :-)
    Musashi said:

For both home and road I am looking into solutions to amplify and accelerate singer voices so people can play the game and broadcast their singing voices at the same time without the lag the game current ails from.

I haven't tried it, but I'm curious if something like this would work:

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR2100-USB-Cardioid-Dynamic-Microphone/dp/B004QJOZS4/

It has both USB and XLR outputs that work simultaneously, it looks like.
  • I haven't tried it, but I'm curious if something like this would work:

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR2100-USB-Cardioid-Dynamic-Microphone/dp/B004QJOZS4/

It has both USB and XLR outputs that work simultaneously, it looks like.

I started to look up the manufacturer specs on that for a bit more info on the ADC. Then I noticed the mini-USB connector in the picture. I wouldn't use it as a handheld with that plugged in. The plastic bit inside the connector is likely to break off with minimal abuse. Otherwise, the manual says it works with Windows XP without a driver. So I think it has a good chance of working.
  • @RiffRaff4711 and @heppycat -- Be warned that many Windows-compatible USB adapters don't function on the Xbox. The best idea (IMO) is decapitate a mic known to be RB4 + Rig compatible and then wire in the analog audio from your choice of mic setup.
  • RiffRaff4711RiffRaff4711 Unsigned
    edited June 26
    Nice! I've been thinking about adding some mood lighting to my setup, but haven't actually made the jump yet. Wasn't quite sure where to start with that, really. I know very little about all the DJ lighting stuff they sell, and what might be appropriate for a room at home.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

Nice! I've been thinking about adding some mood lighting to my setup, but haven't actually made the jump yet. Wasn't quite sure where to start with that, really. I know very little about all the DJ lighting stuff they sell, and what might be appropriate for a room at home.

The Philips Hue bulbs haven't done me wrong yet.
  • This was a decent party setup.

Is that ummmm what's his name from IGN on drums?... Ryan McCaffrey?
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited July 3
    while I have no pictures of my current setup, I have not done much with it in a while, but I have a 1080p projector, the Rock Band stage kit (don't use it very much), an American DJ Sunray, a Chauvet LX10, and then I have to use a Yamaha DTXplorer as opposed to the standard rock band drums, due to the pedal being nearly impossible to tap with my foot, I have FSP, which essentially limits the ability to move my foot, (the auto-kick was a great feature Harmonix, Thanks for adding that!!!!)

(the video has everything but the Projector, it was taken a number of years ago...)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=MsRms14jH10
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

This was a decent party setup.

Is that ummmm what's his name from IGN on drums?... Ryan McCaffrey?
    It sure is. He was pretty stoked to get to jam with me.
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    That is stellar rayman182! Definitely sets the mood.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    rayman182 said:

This is my living room setup...you can never go to far.

if there was a "too far" you blew by it long ago, anyhow. ROCK ON!
  • rayman182 said:

Awesome.
    Where do u get the lighting rig?
  • rayman182 said:

Awesome.
    Where do u get the lighting rig?
    You can get the pieces for the scaffolding on eBay along with the lights. The lights themselves are not very expensive. A set of far will set you back less than 60 bucks.