Kingdom Hearts III Anticipation Thread (UPDATE: 11/10/18 (New Trailer from X018)

Comments

• I'm excited for this game but I sort of hope it comes out next year. I am so behind on games right now as is LOL

It's already confirmed that Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out this year. They said so in the Trailer for Japan's 2018 D3 Event. (Not sure if you're already aware of it or not).

But I'm glad you're excited for it. :)
    Has it had a delay yet though? They are announcing a date next month so I guess we will see. I’ll probably hold off on buying til I’m caught up regardless. :)

Looks awesome as hell though, have they already announced all the worlds? If so that don’t seem like a whole lot..
    There's still 4 more worlds that has yet to be revealed. According to this interview, they said that there will be 10 worlds, but no one knows it they're all Disney Movie based worlds or every world in the game.

The worlds officially announced so far includes...
    - Twilight Town (KH Original World)
    - Olympus Colosseum (Hercules)
    - Toy Box (Toy Story)
    - Monstropolis (Monsters Inc.)
    - The Kingdom of Corona (Tangled)
    - San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6)

It's also been rumored by Goofy's Voice Actor, Bill Farmer, and Voice Actor, Jim Cummings, that Arendelle (Frozen) and 100 Acre Woods (Winnie The Pooh) will be in there.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner

I'm excited for this game but I sort of hope it comes out next year. I am so behind on games right now as is LOL

It's already confirmed that Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out this year. They said so in the Trailer for Japan's 2018 D3 Event. (Not sure if you're already aware of it or not).

But I'm glad you're excited for it. :)
    Has it had a delay yet though? They are announcing a date next month so I guess we will see. I’ll probably hold off on buying til I’m caught up regardless. :)

Looks awesome as hell though, have they already announced all the worlds? If so that don’t seem like a whole lot..
    There's still 4 more worlds that has yet to be revealed. According to this interview, they said that there will be 10 worlds, but no one knows it they're all Disney Movie based worlds or every world in the game.

The worlds officially announced so far includes...
    - Twilight Town (KH Original World)
    - Olympus Colosseum (Hercules)
    - Toy Box (Toy Story)
    - Monstropolis (Monsters Inc.)
    - The Kingdom of Corona (Tangled)
    - San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6)

It's also been rumored by Goofy's Voice Actor, Bill Farmer, and Voice Actor, Jim Cummings, that Arendelle (Frozen) and 100 Acre Woods (Winnie The Pooh) will be in there.
    Oh cool thanks for that! Wasn't sure. :)
    100 Acre Woods would be cool!
  • For those of you who are trying to catching up on the other Kingdom Hearts games, you're in luck.

- Kingdom Hearts 3 will be coming out in January 29, 2019

To be honest, I think this is best for the game, because I'm sure that SquareEnix wants to put in more details to their game. Expect to see more information tomorrow. :)
  • I mean i don't mind that date either. I have a ton of games I need to catch up on still, so that gives me time.
  • Frozen confirmed during Xbox KH3 trailer
  • edited June 11
    Well, I was going to post until I saw a new trailer, but it looks like @Dangimarocker beated me to the punch. But I'm still going to post new information (In spoilers).

- A new Disney Movie confirmed for new world: Frozen
    - Larxene returns, as one of Xenanort's 13 Seekers of Darkness and the main antagonist of the Frozen Arc
    - New Keyblade Form for the Frozen-based Keyblade: Blizzard Blade (Takes on the form of a pair of blade hands and Ice Skates)
    - New gameplay footages of Toy Story, Hercules, Monsters Inc, and Tangled
    - New Summon confirmed: Simba
    - New Attraction Flow: Splash Run (Based on the Grizzly River Run from Disneyland)
    - Not revealed in this trailer, but in a recent trailer from the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra, Remy from Ratatouille appears in the game as a Mini-Game character
    - If you don't want to be spoiled any further, then don't read this...
    - Aqua becomes one of the 13 Seeker of Darkness

New Trailer

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    I need to get crackin' on catching up. I recently beat II (fantastic game) and started on Re: Birth by Sleep. I also bought the II.8 collection, so when done with 1.5+2.5 I need to play through that as well.
  • More Kingdom Hearts Info incoming...

- Pirates of The Caribbean makes a return as the 8th Officially world
    - Sora, Donald, and Goofy gets a new world based form for the PotC world
    - The world's story seems to be based on At World's End, as Tia Dalma, as well as Will and Elizabeth makes appearances in that world
    - Luxord returns as another one of Xehanort's Seekers of Darknesses and is the main atagonist for the Pirates of the Caribbean's 2nd Story Arc in the Kingdom Hearts series
    - Ice Titan returns, along with the Magma and Tornado Titan, who finally makes their Kingdom Hearts debut
    - Maximus and Pascal from Tangled makes their appearance
    - The Riku Replica from Chain of Memories has became an ally
    - Another spoiler that's too good for me to reveal (Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled)
    - Kairi has a new Haircut, along with a new outfit

I hope that Davy Jones becomes a boss fight in the PotC world. :)

New Trailer

• tati81tati81 Opening Act
    Hi! I'm new here. Usually I don't have time to check this part of the Forum, but when I saw a Kingdom Hearts thread I couldn't resist. I'm a big fan, I played most of the games (I have to finish Re:COM and start Fragmentary Passage) and currently I'm playing Union X on mobile.
    Finally we have a release date, I'm so hyped. If you want to catch up with the story so far, or if you want to spend some time to rewatch your favourite scenes from another perspective I suggest you to check the "Kingdom Hearts Timeline" on Youtube by Everglow. He's making video recaps, mixing gameplay and storyline, in chronological order. Yes, he's starting from KH X (union X).
    KH Timeline
    The other video is the new theme song by Utada Hikaru. The title is "Chikai" wich means "Oath", this is the japanese version.
    Chikai
  • July and August has been quite a dry spell, but at least some new KHIII info has been revealed during the SIEJ Lineup Tour. :)

- After several months and three years after it's reveal on the 2015 E3 Expo, The gameplay for Big Hero 6 world, San Fransokyo, finally makes it's appearance. The entire Big Hero 6 team are in the game, and Baymax is the world-exclusive Party Member for this world.
    - Randall Boggs, the Monsters Inc. Antagonist, also makes an appearance. Possibly as a possible boss for the Monsters Inc. world.
    - Different Variants of Gummy Ships also appears in this video. Some of them are based on iconic Final Fantasy creatures, such as Ultros from Final Fantasy 6.
    - The Keyblade Graveyard makes an appearance as well.
    - Not revealed in this trailer, but a new game for the Classic Kingdom mini-game has been revealed. It is called Fishin' Frenzy, and it is based on the Mickey Mouse short film, Fishin' Around.

New Trailer

Finally they did a Big Hero 6 trailer, I was waiting for it. I'm not disappointed. This is so cool!
  • The game looks fantastic and looks like a blast.. with that said couldn't they have picked/made a better song for the trailer? I was cringing and distracted so much by it that i had to rewatch the trailer with the sound off lol
  • jibjqrkl said:

friendly reminder that since Disney bought Fox there's totally a chance for a King Of The Hill world

I would rather not have King Of The Hill (or any other Fox Animated series) in Kingdom Hearts 3. :p

The current choices that Nomura and SquareEnix has made is good enough as is, plus I’m not a fan of those type of animation (I’m referring to king of the hill and similar shows). I prefer more classic, family friendly animated shows like any of the Disney Afternoon shows.

But I wouldn’t mind if SquareEnix did some Anime series (Though, probably some based on Manga Series from Monthly Shonen Gangan. Since SquareEnix owns that).
  • Since when this became a "Let's make a joke about Kingdom Hearts 3" thread? :p

Anyways, let's change the subject and learn what's in the Extended Version of the Big Hero 6 Trailer. Which has some new things that aren't in the original version.

- More battles in San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6 world), including what appears to be a preview of the Dark Baymax battle (Which was hinted earlier when it was first revealed)
    - Davy Jones (Atagonist for the 2nd and 3rd Pirates of the Caribbean films) makes an appearance
    - Some bosses appear, such as a Octopus Boss in The Pirates of The Caribbean World that pays homage to the Kraken and a Giant Wolf Boss in Arendelle
    - Sora gains a new item some point in the game known as the Gummiphone
    - In The Big Hero 6 world, Sora also gets a special Hero Visor
    - Demyx and Vexen returns as members of the Seekers of Darknesses, and Repliriku seems to be added into their ranks as well (And is thus the member encountered in San Fransokyo)

Extended Version of Big Hero 6 Trailer

This trailer was so good! Really awesome!
  • edited November 11
    More Kingdom Hearts 3 Information, thanks to X018 (The Xbox Event that they streamed), with a rumor being confirmed officially by Square-Enix themselves.

- 100 Acre Woods is officially confirmed to be returning, along with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Rabbit, Roo, and Gopher. Lumpy also makes debut in game as well.
    - Chrithy from Kingdom Hearts Chi also makes an appearance as well
    - Footage of the Dark Baymax Boss Fight
    - The first mini-game of 100 Acre Woods confirmed: A produce-themed mini-game with Rabbit and Lumpy, based on the game, Bust-A-Move (That bubble puzzle game with the Bubble Bobble cast made by Taito)
    - Footages of Rapunzel's and Jack Sparrow's combination attacks
    - There is a 2nd Keyblade for Winnie The Pooh. This one has a Keyblade Transformation known as Honey Launcher, which turns into a bazooka that can fire a bee-shaped honey bomb
    - There is an un-named New Kingdom Hearts Original World where Sora can meet with multiple copies of himself
    - A callback to the Battle of 1000 Heartlesses from KH2. Only this time, it's Sora, Donald, and Goofy with Lea and Kairi against a large force of Heartlesses, Nobodies, and Unverses
    - 2nd Battle against Terra-Nort and the Lingering Will
    - Master Xehanort appearance

Tetsuya Nomura also confirmed that there will be one more trailer this month, and some more KH3 Trailers next month. :)

X018 Trailer

Everglow (Marco) did an amazing job with this part of the story. Check this out!
    And now the portion of the Timeline regarding 358/2 days is completed! This was fantastic to watch.
    The new opening is here!!!! OMG!!!
  • Final Full-length Trailer of Kingdom Hearts 3, and some new information. :)

- For those of you wondering, there seems like this is the only main entry of Kingdom Hearts that does not have any Final Fantasy characters, as confirmed with the final trailer (Though, I am disappointed, but I'll get over it)
    - Riku is playable
    - Stitch returns as a summon
    - Another Keyblade based on Ratatouille that turns into a Frying Pan
    - Some Boss Fights from various worlds, including one against Davy Jones in the Pirates of the Caribbean World
    - Saix makes his appearance
    - Some really heart-wrenching stuff, including that part at the end of the trailer

Some really deep, yet cool stuff that I'm looking forward to, once it comes out on January (Which isn't too far away). Anyways, here's the last Trailer for your viewing pleasure.

I will cry many times I know it...
  • Your first spoiler (won't mention it so others don't know if they don't want spoilers) doesn't affect me too much. Never really cared either way they went with that.
    Can't wait for this game to release though.