Kingdom Hearts III Anticipation Thread (UPDATE: 6/11/18 (New World Revealed)

We're only three weeks away until D23 2017, and Kingdom Hearts III will have a new trailer that will be twice as good as the recent trailer shown at E3, and a new Disney Movie based world will be revealed. :)

So, tell me what movie do you think that will be and what movie do you hope would be at D23 Kingdom Hearts Trailer?

My guess of what will be in the trailer is Frozen, since that is Disney's most popular francise and the most anticipated Disney Movie that would appear in Kingdom Hearts 3.

The Disney Movie that I'm hoping would be in the trailer is Zootopia, and I know it sounds crazy, but I thought of it ever since Big Hero 6 was unexpectedly announced during the previous D23. Zootopia has several elements in it's plot that meshes will with Kingdom Hearts' storyline (Light vs. Darkness, Darkness in every heart, etc), and also, it could provide a new form for Sora that allows him to adapt to the world's atmosphere (Though, I'm not a furry... Just a Disney fan who loves Zootopia a lot, ever since it came out :D ).

Comments

• I'm kind of hoping for a classic disney world. But honestly will take anything they give us.
    Some reason I'm thinking we will see Finding Nemo/Dory's World in this game.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I predict it will be shown off in some early demos, then disappear, then it's name will change, then we'll get a weird game about a road trip with an over designed duck, dog, and preteen? Boy.
  • Witticus said:

I predict that Frozen will be in the Trailer. And I'm hoping that the Release Date will be revealed.

Fixed. ;)
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    A Goofy Movie.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited June 2017
    The full canon, ordered by how likely I think they'll be announced. (This of course, leaves off worlds from other sources, like Nightmare Before Christmas, Pirates of the Caribbean, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, Tron, etc). I wouldn't be surprised to see a Pixar world though, Incredibles seems ripe.

53/58 Frozen/Frozen 2
    19 The Jungle Book
    56 Moana
    33 Pocahontas
    40 The Emperor's New Groove
    21 Robin Hood
    52/57 Wreck-It Ralph / Wreck-It Ralph 2
    43 Treasure Planet
    49 The Princess and the Frog
    18 The Sword in the Stone
    41 Atlantis: The Lost Empire
    55 Zootopia
    4 Dumbo
    23/29 The Rescuers / Rescuers Down Under
    25 The Black Cauldron
    17 One Hundred and One Dalmatians
    26 The Great Mouse Detective
    5 Bambi
    15 Lady and the Tramp
    20 The Aristocats
    24 The Fox and the Hound
    46 Chicken Little
    59 Gigantic
    47 Meet the Robinsons
    27 Oliver & Company
    48 Bolt
    7 The Three Caballeros
    39 Dinosaur
    44 Brother Bear
    11 The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
    8 Make Mine Music
    9 Fun and Fancy Free
    10 Melody Time
    6 Saludos Amigos
    45 Home on the Range

Already Announced
    50 Tangled
    54 Big Hero 6
    35 Hercules

Previous Games
    28 The Little Mermaid
    22/51 The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh / Winnie the Pooh
    30 Beauty and the Beast
    14 Peter Pan
    13 Alice in Wonderland
    31 Aladdin
    36 Mulan
    42 Lilo & Stitch
    32 The Lion King
    1 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
    12 Cinderella
    16 Sleeping Beauty
    2 Pinocchio
    34 The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    3/38 Fantasia / Fantasia 2000
    37 Tarzan

Italics have appeared elsewhere in the series without a homeworld (Traverse Town, Summons)
    edited June 2017
    Worth noting:
    Level assets for Jungle Book were found in Birth By Sleep (as well as a couple of Toy Story character models)

Dream Drop Distance and 0.2 mention that OXIII may target the Princesses of Heart from KH1 again, as they are pure lights. Kingdom Hearts 1 released in 2002. Since then, Rapunzel, Tiana, Elsa, Anna, Merida, and Moanna have joined the canon and may serve as substitutes.

Edgar Rice Burrows estate objected to Tarzan in Kingdom Hearts I and it hasn't been seen or mentioned since. It's the only Disney world from KH1 absent from Chain of Memories.
  • We seen Magnificent in the newer trailer, would be cool to play a small portion of King Stefan's castle.
    *Maleficent

I think she'll probably still operate out of Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion like she has in the last several games. They did have that castle in Birth By Sleep and 0.2 though.
    And just for fun, from most to least likely I'd expect if they're doing Pixar.

The Incredibles
    Toy Story
    Monsters Inc.
    Brave
    Cars
    A Bug's Life
    Inside Out
    Wall-E
    Finding Nemo
    Up
    Ratatouille
    Coco
    The Good Dinosaur

Really though, 85% of these are pretty close together, and would all fit in near the top of the list if I combined them with that animated canon list above.
  • I would love to see a Moana world for KH3 as well, because not only is Sora from an Island Home himself (Destiny Island), but a boss battle against Te Ka would be epic.

Anyways, I added a Countdown meter to the OP to tell us how many more days we have until the D23 Trailer is revealed to the public.
  • *Maleficent

I think she'll probably still operate out of Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion like she has in the last several games. They did have that castle in Birth By Sleep and 0.2 though.

Oh true and opps, why do I keep spelling her name wrong? :(

I actually hadn't seen Moana yet when I put that list together. It's still a little less likely since it's so recent, but definitely feels like it's a heavy contender. Kid living on an island, wanting to broaden their horizons, world overcome by looming darkness, and that's all before the use of certain terms like Wayfinder, which are used frequently in KH.
  • Only 10 more days left until the Trailer Reveal. :)

This has nothing to do with Disney Movies, but with Final Fantasy Characters. Which FF Character do you think has a chance of appearing, or do you want to see in KH3? And does Noctis Lucis Caelum from FF 15 has a good chance of appearing?

As far as Noctis goes, I say he has a 50% chance of appearing. Before it became 15, it was originally called Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and was directed by Tetsuya Nomura (Kingdom Heart's director), before Hajime Tabata took over. 15 seems to have a fair fanbase, and Noctis seems to have a fair chance of appearing in KH.

But honestly, I think the FF Character that has a highest chance of appearing is Lightning Farron from FF 13. Because of all of the female FF Characters, she seems to be the most badass-looking of the bunch. Plus, she is from a Nomura-directed FF game.

As for who I hope to see... Vincent Valentine from FF7, because he is one of the popular male characters that isn't Cloud or Sephiroth. He has his own game, Dirge of Cerberus. And he has been long overdue, as far as FF7 characters go.
    I'd just like someone who isn't from VII, VIII, or X.
    Outside of those games, the only FF characters we have are Setzer and Vivi.

Balthier, Gilgamesh, Terra/Celes/Edgar, Kain, Noctis, Zidane/Dagger, Agrias/Ramza, and Lightning are all on my short list
  • If anyone is interested: JackSepticEye's Twitch account will be live-streaming the Kingdom Hearts III Trailer, along with other Disney-related games, on July 15th (The day the trailer comes out).

Times
    - 1:00 PM (Pacific Time)
    - 2:00 PM (Mountain Time)
    - 3:00 PM (Central Time)
    - 4:00 PM (Eastern Time (Kinda bummed it's 4 PM in my time zone (I live in South Carolina), because 4 PM is also the time that my Dinner starts)
  • Tomorrow, the special Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer will be starting. So is everyone excited? :)

I am. :)
    Don't know if I'm elated or gassy, but I'm somewhere in that zone.
  • It is now 7/15/2017, and thus, the Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer will be starting.

Be sure to tune in to JackSepticEye's Twitch account if you want to see the information. I'll be doing so (Though, still salty with the time being 4 PM in my time zone (Eastern Time Zone), but I'll get over it).

Whatever Disney Movie-based world will be included, I hope it's a good one. :) (It's probably Frozen, like @TubaDude49 said, but I'm hoping it's Zootopia, because that's my most wanted Disney Movie for Kingdom Hearts. Moana and Treasure Planet are good expectations as well).
  • edited July 2017
    What has been revealed at the D23 Trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3

- Andy's Room (Toy Story) is the next world that is for Kingdom Hearts 3. We finally have the first Pixar world! :D
    - The characters that appears in the world: Woody, Buzz, Hamm, Rex, Sarge and the plastic green army men, and the Little Space Men. Woody and Buzz are the world exclusive party members.
    - Some more game play of Olympus Coliseum and some game play of Andy's Room. Andy's Room has a new area exclusive to the game called Galaxy Toys.
    - Young Xehanort appears as the main villian of the Toy Story arc in Kingdom Hearts 3
    - Sora, Donald, and Goofy has a new world-specific form for Andy's Room

It was unexpected and at the same time, breathtaking. I'm sad that a certin Disney movie didn't made the cut yet, but I'm happy that history in the making has been made in Kingdom Hearts.
    edited July 2017
    Woo! It was in my top 3 I was expecting since its files were in another game, and this has me excited for the avenues it opens up for other worlds!
  • Very happy with this choice!!!!!!!!!!
    Definitely buying day one now!
  • edited February 10
    More new Kingdom Hearts 3 Info, that has came recently.

- Monstropolis (Monsters Inc) is confirmed for a new world for Kingdom Hearts 3. The second Pixar world. The World exclusive Party members are Sulley and Mike.
    - Sora, Donald, and Goofy has World exclusive forms for the Monsters Inc. World
    - Marluxia and Vanitas are confirmed to be members of the True Organization XIII
    - Unverse returns as enemies
    - The World Exclusive Party Members for The Kingdom of Corona (Tangled) are Rapunzel and Flynn.
    - More gameplay of Andy's Room (Toy Story)
    - Two new Drive Forms for the Monsters Inc and Tangled Keyblades
    - Hikaru Utada will be performing a new theme song for the game. It is called "Don't Think Twice" (Oath in the Japanese Version of the game)
    - Two Summons were confirmed: Ariel from The Little Mermaid and the Meow Wow Dream Eater from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dreams Drop Distance
    - Riku's KH3 Appearance is revealed.

Hear's the Links for your viewing pleasure
    - JP D23 Trailer Video
    - Preview of Theme Song

No Final Fantasy characters, yet, unfortunately. But I'm now excited for this game. :)
  • I honestly could do without Final Fantasy characters and still enjoy the game.
    But I'm so stoked for this game.
  • edited April 20
    Like Santa Claus, who brings presents for kids on the nice list, I bring even more new information on Kingdom Hearts 3, that I think you'll like.

- There is a Game & Watch-like Mini-Game called Classic Kingdom that has various games based on old Mickey Mouse Cartoon Shorts (So far, confirmed Shorts are Giantland, Musical Farmers, Barnyard Battle, and Karnival Kid)
    - There will be a summon character that is from a Disney Movie that isn't going to be in Kingdom Hearts 3, but will be in Kingdom Hearts Union X. Expect the character's identity to be revealed once said world is announced.

Which Disney Movie do you think is going to be that mystery Kingdom Hearts Union X world? I'm thinking it could be either Frozen or Moana, since Union X takes place during the Age of Fairy Tales. Though, I wouldn't mind seeing Wreck-It Ralph, if that doesn't appear in Kingdom Hearts 3 (Kinda want Zootopia to appear in Kingdom Heart 3 as a world there).

New Trailer

EDIT: Added video link for the new Trailer. Check it out. :)
  • edited May 19
    The new summon from the Kingdom Hearts Union X Exclusive world has been revealed. (Sorry to disappoint those who wanted to see it as a world in Kingdom Hearts 3)

- Wreck-It Ralph, the character, has been confirmed to be in Kingdom Hearts 3 as a Summon (Shown in a demo of the Toy Story world)
    - Some Final Fantasy cameos, finally. The Summons, as they appear in Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT, makes a cameo appearance in the Toy Box (Toy Story world's name (Ifrit, Ramuh, Leviathan, Odin, and Bahamut)
    - Name of new Keyblades: Infinity Badge (Toy Story), Smile Gear (Monsters Inc.), and Ever After (Tangled)
    - Hidden Mickeys :)

Please tell me your thoughts. Here's a video link of a review (Has the summon in action).
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    I'm excited for this game but I sort of hope it comes out next year. I am so behind on games right now as is LOL
  • edited May 19

I'm excited for this game but I sort of hope it comes out next year. I am so behind on games right now as is LOL

It's already confirmed that Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out this year. They said so in the Trailer for Japan's 2018 D3 Event. (Not sure if you're already aware of it or not).

But I'm glad you're excited for it. :)
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited May 19
    I just hope I can get caught up on time. I've been playing through the series, and am almost near the end of II, but still have several more to play before I'm caught up, and still need to get 2.8 Prologue. But at the very least I'm hyped for III!

I just hope I can get caught up on time. I've been playing through the series, and am almost near the end of II, but still have several more to play before I'm caught up, and still need to get 2.8 Prologue. But at the very least I'm hyped for III!

For the critical path: I, II, Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner

It's already confirmed that Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out this year. They said so in the Trailer for Japan's 2018 D3 Event. (Not sure if you're already aware of it or not).

But I'm glad you're excited for it. :)
    Has it had a delay yet though? They are announcing a date next month so I guess we will see. I’ll probably hold off on buying til I’m caught up regardless. :)

Looks awesome as hell though, have they already announced all the worlds? If so that don’t seem like a whole lot..