DLC Discussion: One Song

edited July 17 in Rock Band
HMXOwl said:

Rock Band DLC Week of 7/13: Iron Butterfly!

Surprise, "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" is coming to Rock Band 4 this week. Yes, it’s the full version.

One of the most iconic songs of the 1960s, "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" by Iron Butterfly is an experience. It’s frequently considered one of the biggest influences on the development of the heavy metal genre and was the band’s highest-charting song. The single version sits at a little under 3 minutes, but for Rock Band, we decided to offer the full version that runs over 17 minutes, with more than a few solos and jams included in that run. The average length of a Rock Band track is about 4 and a half minutes, so this song is nearly four times the length of the average DLC song, becoming the second-longest song on the platform. "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" will release on Thursday for $2.99.

Bass jamming isn’t marked as a solo, but the instrument has plenty of time in the spotlight. Guitar has FOUR solos in it, mixing guitar solos and some organ play throughout the song. Drums are where the song truly shines though, as the chart has no empty space for the entire 17 minutes. The drum solo is 75 measures long, and as drums are the only instrument to have no break during the song, it’s the definition of focus and endurance. It will take quite a bit of skill to get the full score bonus from the drum solo. Good luck all around.

"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" can be purchased individually for $2.99.

• Iron Butterfly - "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"

We’ll be showing off this week’s newest DLC on our Twitch stream today starting at 3PM ET. Tune in here!

* Please note that this week’s DLC track will be available for purchase on Thursday, July 13th.

Yup.

Comments

• edited July 11
    Holy FREAKIN' crap!!!!!! Thanks HMX!!!!!!!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 11
    Rocksmith fans are jealous, they only got the single version.

What a wonderful surprise!

As for my challenge prediction:

Long songs
    Iron Butterfly - "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"
    DragonForce - "Operation Ground and Pound"
    Lightning Bolt - "Dream Genie"
  • $3 screw that how bout $10?
  • 1000% must buy for me.
  • You magnificent bastards, never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd get this song. And the FULL VERSION!! Rock. On.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    First Harmonix gives us the first '50s DLC in 6 years, and now they're giving us the first '60s DLC in 5 years? And a song I didn't think was obtainable, to boot? Faith is restored.
  • Rocksmith fans are jealous, they only got the single version.

What a wonderful surprise!

As for my challenge prediction:

Long songs
    Iron Butterfly - "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"
    DragonForce - "Operation Ground and Pound"
    Lightning Bolt - "Dream Genie"

I was gonna guess the same thing but include
    "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"
  • VolTRHVolTRH Opening Act
    Holy ****.
  • MythsOfMetalMythsOfMetal Unsigned
    edited July 11
    I'm now 25% of the way there to justifying buying a new guitar controller to get back into RB4. I just need three more great/epic songs as DLC and I'll be getting back in. This was an awesome surprise, both my parents, especially my Dad, will love it. It may even get me to buy a drum rig for RB for my Dad to play this track since he's pretty wild about its drum track.
  • nystargatenystargate Unsigned

In the Garden of Eden by I Ron Butterfly!!! Yes!!!

I love that Hymn.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Just to clarify: is this song $3 because of its epicness, and all future songs will go back to $2? I mean, it's totally justified in this case, and I will gladly pay $3. But just wondering.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    edited July 11
    Cool for those who like it, but nothing for me this week. Will pick up a back catalog track I think.
    EDIT: As a vocalist, I just know playing this online will be a nightmare, hence why I won't be getting it either. It's bad enough having to play "Metropolis" or "Dead Black" or "Free Bird" or TTFAF etc. but this would so much worse, heh.
  • Wow, this is quite a surprise. I never thought we get this song. :)

I would love to pick up this song, as long as it's one of the Spotlights for the next Weekly Challenge theme that is coming this week

My prediction for this week's Challenge Theme...

Respect The Classics (Play all Classic Rock genre songs)
    - Black Betty
    - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
    - Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    I'll allow it
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    OMG, I requested this several times, via the song suggestion sight and mentioning it in these forums in various threads, lol.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is amazing.
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    I used to have this cassette as a kid. It took up an entire side.

This will be epic
  • It's Been Such a Long Time (Songs longer than 6 minutes)
    -Child in Time
    -In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

Tortorous goodness all around.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    Instant Buy.
  • @Chizenhowtzer 2112 is broke on PS4.
  • @Chizenhowtzer 2112 is broke on PS4.

Damn. I forgot it only got fixed on X1. Still, the idea is fun.
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    I couldn't be more excited! This is one of a few songs where a $3 price is totally fine.
  • ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned
    edited July 11
    Well...

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 11
    @Chizenhowtzer Yeah, SIEE progress for entitlements have pretty much been nonexistent since the end of April. It's working for SIEA but if one platform doesn't have a song it can't be spotlight.