DLC Discussion: One Song

Comments

• I would've preferred no tambourine too, play the first few minutes on vox then play on my Switch during the break and finally play the last few minutes on vox. Would've been perfect especially once Splatoon 2 launches as turf wars are only 3 minutes each.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I personally love having the percussion hits in the vocal charts because I like to have something to do when on vox, and vox has the most long breaks of any instrument. It just kinda sucks so that so many of them are just straight quarter notes or half notes.

They can be very interesting. Please make them interesting!
  • yoann007yoann007 Unsigned

I would've preferred no tambourine too, play the first few minutes on vox then play on my Switch during the break and finally play the last few minutes on vox. Would've been perfect especially once Splatoon 2 launches as turf wars are only 3 minutes each.

3 minutes is the approximate amount of time needed for the matchmaking to succeed, though
  • @yoann007 By that comment, I guess you picked ice cream? I picked cake and matchmaking took less than a minute generally.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 17
    I've been thinking about tap sections a lot lately, and it's made me sort of come to a conclusion, that while it's way too late to implement now that we're in the fourth main installment, but would have been ideal if this were the case in RB1. But I think it'd be better if the tap sections were there, available, but didn't affect scores at all. That way, those who like to have something to do during long breaks have something to do, while those who'd rather relax, jam out, or even do something else during a very long break, can do so without losing any bonus. It'd essentially be an optional thing that can be fun for some folks, and totally ignored by others.

Again, way too late to change the way the game works at this point (especially with the fact that if they were to do this, they'd have to wipe out leaderboards for all songs with tap sections, which would make pretty much everyone upset), I just started thinking about how that could perhaps be more ideal for everyone if it were like this from the beginning.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Just pick harmonies if you hate vocal percussion sections.
  • aimsmallmismallaimsmallmismall Unsigned
    edited August 6
    Anaconda said:

IMHO I don't get what was the point in getting the long version of In A Gadda Da Vida into RB. Gameplay-wise it would make much more sense to get the short edit as it would be more pleasant to play and have any replayability in it. Right now its more like "let's buy it, play it once or two times in sake of weekly challenge and forget about it".

I agree with this 100%.
    I appreciate what HMX did here, cuz it seems like total fan service to hardcore drummers, but I just can't see myself playing this much.. I'd much rather have the edited version..

Would've been nice if they could've figured out a way to sell the edited version at regular price - then let people purchase the next 13 minutes for another $1-2 if they were so inclined..

As it is - it's not the $3 price tag that's holding me back - it's that I simply don't want to play one song for that long.. Which sucks - cuz I really like the short edit and love classic rock as a general rule.
  • I wish they didn't score the guitar solos so I could read a book too

I do support the varied bonking however. It would be more interesting than repetitive tapping for 3 minutes
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper

Anaconda said:

IMHO I don't get what was the point in getting the long version of In A Gadda Da Vida into RB. Gameplay-wise it would make much more sense to get the short edit as it would be more pleasant to play and have any replayability in it. Right now its more like "let's buy it, play it once or two times in sake of weekly challenge and forget about it".

I agree with this 100%.
    I appreciate what HMX did here, cuz it seems like total fan service to hardcore drummers, but I just can't see myself playing this much.. I'd much rather have the edited version..

Would've been nice if they could've figured out a way to sell the edited version at regular price - then let people purchase the next 13 minutes for another $1-2 if they were so inclined..

As it is - it's not the $3 price tag that's holding me back - it's that I simply don't want to play one song for that long.. Which sucks - cuz I really like the short edit and love classic rock as a general rule.
    I've been thinking this as well. I think it's cool that we have the full version available, but I wouldn't have objected to the short version, and ideally making both versions available somehow would have been great. As it stands I'm still on the fence about buying it, because while I appreciate the concept and the novelty I'm not sure it's something that'll get a lot of play here.