multiplayer

Can someone help me with what multiplayer is?
I need rivals correct? But can I do random versus matches or do I have to invite friends and crews and have a full band? I just want to be able to go on with drums and compete against someone etc...i mean they removed it for rb3 right...

Comments

• nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    edited July 13
    1.You need Rivals.
    2.No matchmaking.
    3.Online play is still present in rb3
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 13
    @hardcoredrummer Online Multiplayer is a Rivals only feature which is quickplay with online friends and crew members. There's no matchmaking and no competitive modes like RB1/RB2's Score Duel and Tug of War.
  • If you decide to get rivals and rb4 online be prepared to get error messages for 10 minutes before making a green room.
  • so there is no point on getting rivals for someone that doesn't have friends playing the game...ok
    sure rb3 has versus? I don't remember playing it much and just read a thing that said it didn't have tug a war etc...now gh had some good online battles...
  • @hardcoredrummer RB3 only has online quickplay and road challenges. RB2 was the last RB game to have competitive online multiplayer.
  • by quickplay you mean with randoms like match making or with friends? quickplay to me isn't with friends...which is what they are calling the multiplayer in rb4...
  • @hardcoredrummer Quickplay in RB3 is both, you can search for random players or you can play with friends or you could even play with friends and fill empty spaces with random players.
  • @hardcoredrummer Quickplay in RB3 is both, you can search for random players or you can play with friends or you could even play with friends and fill empty spaces with random players.

ah the good old days!
  • bandaddybandaddy Rising Star
    Don't forget, you can only play online alone. If you are with someone else on your system and you 2 want to find 2 others, you're out of luck, because it can't handle multiple players on one console, like all previous versions of the game did.
  • MRCODMANMRCODMAN Unsigned
    iF YOU ARE ON xBOX YOU CAN JOIN ONE OF THE ROCKBAND GROUPS AND FIND PLAYERS TO PLAY WITH.
  • KalypsoKalypso Unsigned
    There are Rock Band Community groups on the PS4 you can join to find random people to add to your friends list for multiplayer.