Rock Band Blitz full game and demo is being delisted on August 28th (Discussion Thread)

grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
edited July 31 in Rock Band
http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/comment/5384046/#Comment_5384046

I figured this needed it's own thread. Just like some had predicted, with the 5th anniversary of Rock Band Blitz being in August the game is also being removed from the Xbox 360 and PS3 stores on August 28th (or slightly before if Microsoft/Sony choose to). With Rock Band Blitz you get a fantastic game for last gen and 25 songs exportable to RB4 for a largely reduced price compared to buying the songs as standalone DLC. The 25 songs are:

December 18th 2012
Elton John - "I'm Still Standing"

December 25th 2012
My Chemical Romance - "Sing"

December 30th 2012
P!nk - "Raise Your Glass"
Fun. ft. Janelle Monae - "We Are Young"

January 8th 2013
Foo Fighters - "These Days"
Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera - "Moves Like Jagger"
Foster the People - "Pumped Up Kicks"

January 15th 2013
Rick Springfield - "Jessie's Girl"

January 22nd 2013
Kelly Clarkson - "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)"
Soundgarden - "Spoonman"
Living Colour - "Cult of Personality"
Quiet Riot - "Bang Your Head (Metal Health)"

February 5th 2013
Great White - "Once Bitten, Twice Shy"
Iron Maiden - "The Wicker Man"
Queen - "Death on Two Legs (Dedicated To...)"
Avenged Sevenfold - "So Far Away"

February 19th 2013
Fall Out Boy - "A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me""
Barenaked Ladies - "One Week"
Collective Soul - "Shine"

March 5th 2013
blink-182 - "Always"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Give It Away"
All American Rejects - "Kids in the Street"

March 19th 2013
Shinedown - "Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)"
Kool and the Gang - "Jungle Boogie"
Tears For Fears - "Shout"

Rather than list alphabetically, I have listed the songs in order of when they were released as standalone DLC to be a more helpful resource.

Could a mod sticky this thread so it doesn't get lost?

Comments

• TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    What are the odds of some of these songs being delisted when we hit the 5-year anniversary of their release date?

I'm sure most of it will stay, but stuff like "Give It Away" is iffy. RHCP never renew.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited July 31
    Give It Away may live to see 2018, albeit barely.

Maybe....Great White get delisted also? That one just seems like an odd man out scenario.

The rest are from artists we've gotten DLC from before/after Blitz's release, save for Collective Soul, Quiet Riot and Living Colour. These four artists only have their respective Blitz entries as their only songs in the franchise.
  • Eh. I never cared for the game itself but the soundtrack was varied that I loved it. Sad day regardless but I'm now curious to know how well it sold to casual players who may have quit music games back after the gh craze , which I'm sure they were targeting since this didn't require instruments
  • Oh wow! I'm glad I saw this thread! Definitely gonna buy it as soon as I can!

The soundtrack itself is passable for me, as the songs off it that interest me I already own (except the RHCP one, which I have been putting off for some time), but the game itself sounds like a lot of fun and I'd hate to permanently miss out on it!
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    TheStuddz said:

What are the odds of some of these songs being delisted when we hit the 5-year anniversary of their release date?

I don't know how the music licensing works. I'm going to assume that the Game Bundle License is separate from the DLC License. With that assumption, it's pretty fair to assume that Blitz game sales today are far too low to make business sense to spend any money renewing the Game Bundle License for the songs.

So I guess I am saying that I can see a real reason to *NOT* renew the Blitz game on the marketplace without any of the songs necessarily being ready to get pulled.
  • It was announced on the DropMix stream that the RB stream tomorrow will be focused on Rock Band Blitz.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned

It was announced on the DropMix stream that the RB stream tomorrow will be focused on Rock Band Blitz.

@TheStuddz, could it be Blitz Mode?

I dunno, maybe we won't be overthinking things!
  • TheStuddz said:

It was announced on the DropMix stream that the RB stream tomorrow will be focused on Rock Band Blitz.

@TheStuddz, could it be Blitz Mode?

I dunno, maybe we won't be overthinking things!
    I've learned not to get my hopes up over these kinds of things.

But if you check out the Rock Band subreddit, there's currently a thread called "what Rock Band announcement would make you s*** your pants?"

Let's just say that if they ever announced a Blitz mode for RB, it would be a busy night for my laundry machine.
    I would be one of those. Seriously though the only video game I even want is Blitz or a Blitz Mode. I thought they would wanna take advantage of putting a Blitz Mode in RB4 considering that all songs would be playable or should be playable becauase it's included in the main title and not a separate game like Brutal Mode. I mean if they wanna make it an expansion and charge $30-$40 for it I'm game. I have like close to 2,000 songs so I wouldn't mind if they give me any extra just give me Blitz.
  • This is not about Rock Band Blitz but related. It seems very likely that Dance Central 3 (game) and the Dance Central 2 export will be delisted in October.
  • I got Blitz yesterday and felt like it was worth every penny (and then some). What an addicting and incredibly fun game! Although it attacks my tendonitis if I play too long in one control scheme, I found that the Shoulders setting is the most comfortable for me.

Also, was pleasantly surprised by the soundtrack - I was sure I had gotten all the songs that interested me but then I listened to some that I didn't know/didn't remember and saw some that I had forgotten were in my Wishlist and wow! I actually found a second Foo Fighters song that I enjoy! And also found out Quiet Riot has a RB song (although I'd much prefer it was Cum On Feel the Noize)! Lots of other pleasant surprises with the soundtrack too, but the game itself - oh boy...

I had to force myself to stop playing after spending most of the evening and night at it (around 3-4 hours non-stop) lol - that's how much I'm enjoying it!

...although getting anything above 4 stars is pretty hard on most songs lol
  • Takes a while to break the habit of sitting on one instrument, yeah...
  • I remember the gameplay was fun and I played the demo a lot for a demo but wasn't buying it because it had to be online all the time or else you wouldn't get your power-ups and stuff. Which would be equal to playing Mortal Kombat and not being allowed to do fatalities unless you were connected online.
    I bought Blitz as a track-pack for RB3 and thought it was completely worth it just for that. Played the Blitz game for a little while to get as many cheevos as I could in a reasonable amount of time, but quit playing it because I could grab a guitar controller just as easily as a regular controller and I like playing Rock Band way more than playing Blitz.
  • edited August 1
    Tyrus1235 said:

I got Blitz yesterday and felt like it was worth every penny (and then some). What an addicting and incredibly fun game! Although it attacks my tendonitis if I play too long in one control scheme, I found that the Shoulders setting is the most comfortable for me.

Also, was pleasantly surprised by the soundtrack - I was sure I had gotten all the songs that interested me but then I listened to some that I didn't know/didn't remember and saw some that I had forgotten were in my Wishlist and wow! I actually found a second Foo Fighters song that I enjoy! And also found out Quiet Riot has a RB song (although I'd much prefer it was Cum On Feel the Noize)! Lots of other pleasant surprises with the soundtrack too, but the game itself - oh boy...

I had to force myself to stop playing after spending most of the evening and night at it (around 3-4 hours non-stop) lol - that's how much I'm enjoying it!

...although getting anything above 4 stars is pretty hard on most songs lol

Play it for a month or so and you will gold star most songs. Metal seems to be hard to get blitz going but with so many notes use some explosive power ups and that will help you a lot. If you have "Spoonman" play it, it's awesome with the 3 straight solos.
  • lightsup55lightsup55 Opening Act

The game is fun when the servers work.

I'm just glad I unlocked all of the achievements early on (Xbox 360). I've gone back to play a track or two here or there when I download new tracks up to the point when the DLC stopped (for Rock Band 3) at the time.

After that, I haven't gone back to playing Rock Band Blitz... especially since I doubt it would ever become backwards compatible. And now I know that it won't.
  • The game is fun when the servers work.

I'm just glad I unlocked all of the achievements early on (Xbox 360). I've gone back to play a track or two here or there when I download new tracks up to the point when the DLC stopped (for Rock Band 3) at the time.

After that, I haven't gone back to playing Rock Band Blitz... especially since I doubt it would ever become backwards compatible. And now I know that it won't.
    I still need to play a song from the '50s to get my last achievement. Here I come Johnny Cash Pack.
  • razor63 said:

I still need to play a song from the '50s to get my last achievement. Here I come Johnny Cash Pack.
    There's Cash, Orbison, and the Isley Brothers, as artists with 50s songs.
    The Isley Brothers is playable in Blitz? How is that possible? :p
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned

razor63 said:

Ooh, whoops. I spaced out whilst I was writing that. That, that is definitely something you cannot do >_<
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    razor63 said:

razor63 said:

Ooh, whoops. I spaced out whilst I was writing that. That, that is definitely something you cannot do >_<</p>
    ...And I tried editing it (twice, once to put a strike-through and a cool, hip alt., the other to put the "And" outside the strike-through), now it's lost to the annals of time and space.
    razor63 said:

BLITZ MODE FOR RB4 CONFIRMED!!!!1!!!!11!!!!!ELEVEN!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!

It all makes so much sense now! Why else would Hamronix play Blitz on the stream today?
  • edited August 2
    If we ever got Blitz mode for RB4... What do you suppose they would do with Keys? Wouldn't it be a bit awkward to have it back in the game in such a roundabout* way? My guess is they'd go the same way RB4 does and just ignore the Keys lane for songs that have it.

EDIT: *Pun not intended
  • Tyrus1235 said:

If we ever got Blitz mode for RB4... What do you suppose they would do with Keys? Wouldn't it be a bit awkward to have it back in the game in such a roundabout way? My guess is they'd go the same way RB4 does and just ignore the Keys lane for songs that have it.

Keep them in if they already have them charted for it. It would still be cool either way, just want Blitz back. :(