DLC Discussion Thread: Indie Hits and ALL of August Detailed!

Comments

• KainKain Unsigned
    Wow... Garbage is literally the only song for the rest of this month for me. They have such a huge library of great songs, and I would have loved Only Happy When It Rains, but I'm okay with Stupid Girl. I saw Sweater Weather and thought it was the Neighbourhood song, but it's by...ummm...Parks? Who? Ah well.
    HMXOwl said:

Did Miranda Cosgrove even HAVE a second song?

Lots, actually. I'm not ashamed to say I like several of her songs. And it's all Harmonix' fault due to Headphones on.

It was only like 2 years ago that I figured out she was in "School of Rock".

How much I would love to have School of Rock/Teacher's Pet in Rock Band...
  • Kain said:

I saw Sweater Weather and thought it was the Neighbourhood song, but it's by...ummm...Parks? Who? Ah well.

We have The Neighbourhood's Sweater Weather (It was part of the Rivals Pre-Order Pack) as DLC already, the other Sweater Weather is from Rock Band VR.
  • KainKain Unsigned
    Ah, okay, that explains my confusion, because I knew I had read we were getting the Neighbourhood's at some point. I have Rivals and probably played the song already, so senior moment for me, I guess.
  • albert_24albert_24 Unsigned
    I called Sugar Ray.
  • ozzfreakozzfreak Unsigned
    More Garbage! Yay! Now to get Bleed Like Me or Cherry Lips, or my favorite Heaven Is Wide. I'll keep recommending them till the dang cows come home
  • ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned

albert_24 said:

I called Sugar Ray.

What did they say?
    He didn't say they picked! :tongue:
  • With Rivals being 1 year old in October, let's have a look back over what we've got so far:
    - 10-12 preorder songs (12 for Amazon preorders)
    - Cheeseburger Tee and Golden Sword guitar (digital preorders only)
    - 28 free songs (4 of which are coming this month)
    - Some Rock Shop items
    - Rockudrama
    - Rivals Mode (which now has a season structure)
    - Missions (some are available for non-Rivals owners but all are available for Rivals owners)
    - Online quickplay with friends/crew members
  • albert_24albert_24 Unsigned
    I still can't believe I paid $40 for this along with a guitar and mic. It definitely paid for itself... But what about the rest of those Sugar Ray songs I requested?

With Rivals being 1 year old in October, let's have a look back over what we've got so far:
    - 10-12 preorder songs (12 for Amazon preorders)
    - Cheeseburger Tee and Golden Sword guitar (digital preorders only)
    - 28 free songs (4 of which are coming this month)
    - Some Rock Shop items
    - Rockudrama
    - Rivals Mode (which now has a season structure)
    - Missions (some are available for non-Rivals owners but all are available for Rivals owners)
    - Online quickplay with friends/crew members

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited August 4
    Ah well, I don't really have the time to play this week so I'll content myself with having singlehandedly brought my band to Diamond.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Loopy we already knew you were a diamond in the rough
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Had a lot of fun with Rebel Heart. The main riff is fun as hell to play.

True Confessions wasn't too bad either.

This week gets a thumbs up from me, even if the names don't jump off the page at you.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited August 4

• Stranglehold? Awesome!
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned
    Tyrus1235 said:

No joke! I went to rbdb (which is not always 100% accurate, granted) and I only have 4 DLC songs, the two free Permaband tracks being half of that, for this week's challenge (lol Nightwish is considered a deep cut, apparently... Although Amaranth *is* kind of a deep cut for them afaik).

Amaranth was the main single from that album, the deepness is probably that only so many purchases were made in RB, even though apparently I now have to pay $75 to see them next spring.

As much as I love that album, also some definite deepness in not going with a Tarja or Floor song. Although the latter would need to be off the Wacken live album because nothing on her one studio album thus far is in the top 25 songs I would pick, and also because I was at that show.
  • BaronRob said:

Tyrus1235 said:

No joke! I went to rbdb (which is not always 100% accurate, granted) and I only have 4 DLC songs, the two free Permaband tracks being half of that, for this week's challenge (lol Nightwish is considered a deep cut, apparently... Although Amaranth *is* kind of a deep cut for them afaik).

Amaranth was the main single from that album, the deepness is probably that only so many purchases were made in RB, even though apparently I now have to pay $75 to see them next spring.

As much as I love that album, also some definite deepness in not going with a Tarja or Floor song. Although the latter would need to be off the Wacken live album because nothing on her one studio album thus far is in the top 25 songs I would pick, and also because I was at that show.
    You were at Wacken last year? That's pretty cool, I only watched it online lol.

Well, Wacken Open Air is happening right now and they're streaming it again here.
  • I wish Hysteria was added as a joke to the challenge.

Even better, make it the spotlight song.
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned
    Wildcat15 said:

BaronRob said:

Tyrus1235 said:

Well, Wacken Open Air is happening right now and they're streaming it again here.
    That concert was from 2013, actually. Might have been Floor's first show in Europe with Nightwish, but I saw her here beforehand.

I also went in 2015. Savatage was playing their first concert in 13 years, so I needed to be at the rail. Also got to be in the crowd of a Sabaton live album / DVD.

Watched some of the stream yesterday and today, probably will catch Megadeth later and then Avantasia and Alice Cooper tomorrow.

But if you like the metal, everyone should go to Wacken once.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    korndog81 said:

djb5f1 said:

Diamonds are forever and so are the Four Horsemen. Wooooo!

How long were you waiting to cut this promo lol
    lol, I saw an opportunity and I pounced on it!

• LoopyChew said:

That guy looks like a skinny Rob Gronkowski.
  • BaronRob said:

Wildcat15 said:

BaronRob said:

Tyrus1235 said:

That concert was from 2013, actually. Might have been Floor's first show in Europe with Nightwish, but I saw her here beforehand.

I also went in 2015. Savatage was playing their first concert in 13 years, so I needed to be at the rail. Also got to be in the crowd of a Sabaton live album / DVD.

Watched some of the stream yesterday and today, probably will catch Megadeth later and then Avantasia and Alice Cooper tomorrow.

But if you like the metal, everyone should go to Wacken once.
    Watched Accept, Apocalyptica, Emperor, Megadeth, Turbonegro, (Anihilator goes next). Problably will watch Heaven Shall Burn, Powerwolf (backwards moshpit ftw), Alice Cooper, Amon Amarth and maybe more.

Emperor sounded great, I wish we could get I Am the Black Wizards by them.
  • RaccoonaticRaccoonatic Unsigned
    edited August 6
    I think the Weekly Challenge is based on sales not only deep cuts, per se. I looked it up, because I was suspicious - Fire by Ohio Players was the number 30 song of 1975 (which is definitely in hit territory; not to mention it has been on movies and the theme song of a TV show that's been on the air for the better part of the 21st century) and Honey I'm Good by Andy Grammer was the number 25 song of 2015 (and one of his best known songs). There are some others that were tagged that might be hits - I was familiar with Don't Talk to Strangers by Rick Springfield before it was added as DLC.

If it's not based on sales numbers, it must be arbitrary (sometimes a song that isn't well-known to you, is to someone else - and vice versa)

Edit P.S.: Yep, I was right, Don't Talk to Strangers was number 20 on the year end charts for 1982. Definitely a hit.
  • I think a factor may be about bigger hits overshadowing smaller hits and singles in the long term. So like for example Don't Talk to Strangers and Fire being overshadowed by Jessie's Girl and Love Rollercoaster respectively in the long term. It doesn't explain Honey I'm Good though.
  • RaccoonaticRaccoonatic Unsigned
    edited August 6
    Jessie's Girl was definitely the bigger hit (#5 in 1981), no doubt about that. Fire and Love Rollercoaster is much closer (just checked, Love Rollercoaster also was the same spot as Fire, # 30, on the year end, but a year later than Fire - 1976)
  • I think a factor may be about bigger hits overshadowing smaller hits and singles in the long term. So like for example Don't Talk to Strangers and Fire being overshadowed by Jessie's Girl and Love Rollercoaster respectively in the long term. It doesn't explain Honey I'm Good though.

Nothing can explain that last one, not even the lyrics :P
  • jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    You guys are trying to explain Honey I'm Good, but I'm here trying to figure out why Grammy winning 'Cirice' by Ghost is part of the challenge this week...