Introducing the Rock Band Season 2 Spotlight Pass!

Comments

• DALRNxxDALRNxx Unsigned

@DALRNxx It's possible that HMX do the same thing other companies like Blizzard (Overwatch) do and have a gap between seasons.

A break???..that would be great!
  • StevenBStevenB Unsigned
    HMXOwl said:

CAL022 said:

What's the UK price?

It's an 8-pack price, so whatever U2 Essentials costs over there. I always get redirected to the American store.
    With all due respect, your 8-pack prices don't make any sense.
    3-6 packs all have the same formula ($4 + $1.5*(n-2)).
    Why then do your 8-12 packs have a more expensive formula ($4.5 + $1.5*(n-2))?

On top of that the Legend and London Calling albums are both less expensive than those 2 formulas. (13 tracks at ($3.5 + $1.5*(n-2)) and 18 tracks at ($4 + $1*(n-2)) respectively)
  • I buy songs because I like/want to play them. Not because they're discounted. I'll pass on this pass.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

All new content for those wondering.

• Dr_DrumminDr_Drummin Unsigned
    I'm sure (at least I hope) that HMX will have an extended and detailed official announcement in their blog later this week (or early next week), since we still have one more week to go of Season 1. If they do, at the very least they should tell us the artists coming on DLC for Season 2. If they expect their fan base to pay upfront for season passes from now on, they know they have to give us information ahead of time about what we're "investing on". Otherwise, I'm afraid the Pass project will be a stillbirth. On the other hand, this announcement hints that the Rivals/Seasons project has been a success so far. So if my assumption is correct, congratulations! My friendly advice to HMX: Great idea, but do this right. Don't screw this one up by assuming that we'd love DLC surprises a few weeks down the road!!
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    edited August 3
    This seems to cater to two audiences, spotlight posters and DLC completionists. As I am neither of those I will probably not be getting this. If the songs are presented prior to purchase then maybe, but it would have to include 6 songs I would have purchased anyway. At that point 2 songs for fiddy cent is worth it

As far as a break that sounds great to me. Would give me time to play some songs that can help my skill rating or get back to some other games.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    £1.59 x 8 = £12.72
    £12.72 - £10.79 = £1.93 saving
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    So, just like everywhere else, the savings are more than the cost of one track, but less than the cost of two.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

This seems to cater to two audiences, spotlight posters and DLC completionists. As I am neither of those I will probably not be getting this. If the songs are present prior to purchase then maybe...

Then this is perfect for you, because you can wait until the last week of Season 2 -- when all the songs will be known --
    and then decide to buy the pack or not.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I can't take the risk that one or more new songs won't use full stems, as I don't want to support that. In general it's a brilliant idea and I hope it proves popular.
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    This is great for the people who will buy all the songs anyway as it saves em a bit of dough.

Less useful for someone like myself that won't buy songs I don't like or wouldn't enjoy playing...

But I think it's a nice idea regardless.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    I like the idea and think it's great, but like so many others I would need to know what I'd be getting before deciding whether or not to invest in it.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    I'll definitely buy this! I buy 97% of all new DLC anyways, and especially if they're spotlight songs, so this is a great way to save a few bucks. The whole mystery aspect is kind of exciting too, you never know what you're gonna get.
  • Sounds good to me.
  • I'm in on this especially knowing none will be Rewinds.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act

This seems to cater to two audiences, spotlight posters and DLC completionists. As I am neither of those I will probably not be getting this. If the songs are present prior to purchase then maybe...

Then this is perfect for you, because you can wait until the last week of Season 2 -- when all the songs will be known --
    and then decide to buy the pack or not.
    Only if I haven't deciced to buy a song earlier in the season. And seeing Garbage, Sugar Ray and Nugent already announced makes me think these will be spotlights on 3 consecutive weeks so now I'm in even more of a pickle. Not into the surprise aspect as much as others. Must show restraint, must show restraint.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    I'm in for the season pass because I buy everything anyways. Interested to see how this all pans out.
  • Here's some more calculations:

6 singles are part of 3 packs:
    8 pack + 12 singles = £29.87
    6 3 packs + 2 singles = £29.52

5 singles are part of 3 packs:
    8 pack + 10 singles = £26.69
    5 3 packs + 3 singles = £26.72

4 singles are part of 3 packs:
    8 pack + 8 singles = £23.51
    4 3 packs + 4 singles = £23.92

3 singles are part of 3 packs:
    8 pack + 6 singles = £20.33
    3 3 packs + 5 singles = £21.12

2 singles are part of 3 packs:
    8 pack + 4 singles = £17.15
    2 3 packs + 6 singles = £18.32

1 single is part of a 3 pack:
    8 pack + 2 singles = £13.97
    3 pack + 7 singles = £15.52

Ok, that's convinced me. Every single DLC week of September and October that's in season 2 would have to be a pack for ignoring the spotlight pass to be better value and that's never going to happen. We didn't even get that many packs when 3+ songs were the norm.
  • HbombCBGHbombCBG Unsigned
    August 24? Does that mean we have 2 weeks off between season 1 & 2?
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Should be an alright deal. Sounds like the closest thing we're going to get to a curated, varied setlist these days (similar to a track pack or game soundtrack).

I guess judging by the last few weeks, that would've meant getting:
    -The Shelters - Rebel Heart
    -Wilson Philips - Hold On
    -Legitimate Front - She
    -Iron Butterfly - In-a-gadda-da-vida
    -Ghost - Cirice
    -Rush - Freewill

(The Harmonix Choice week didn't have any new songs as a spotlight)
  • This is perfect for me, part of what I have loved about buying spotlight songs is discovering new music. I figured the value was that I played those songs repeatedly for a week trying to improve scores and add xp (2 bucks for 60 to 120 minutes of entertainment not counting future replays when it ends of in a challenge again). 4 instruments x 3-6 song plays x 5 minutes a song. Don't care what they are as long as they are new to rock band and sounds like they are. Rivals has changed how I play rock band, and basically getting a little more than 1 free song next season makes me happy!
  • Given that the winners of season 1 get to pick a season 2 challenge, I'm thinking the 8 songs may be RBVR songs. So like:
    Week 1 - Nothing as a result of the top season 1 crew picking the challenge
    Week 2 - Postpone
    Week 3 to 8 - 7 of the 10 remaining new RBVR songs
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited August 3
    HMXOwl said:

CAL022 said:

What's the UK price?

It's an 8-pack price, so whatever U2 Essentials costs over there. I always get redirected to the American store.
    So, approx £10.99 in the UK and $20.45 in AU.

You can just pop these URLs into different browsers and check pricing in AU/UK/US at the same time...
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/search/q=u2 essentials
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-au/search/q=u2 essentials
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/search/q=u2 essentials

I assume the songs will be available individually also?

And, is there any update to the situation with SIEE? Please?
  • DLC has been such a hit and miss for me lately (I have bought only three songs over the past three months) this doesn't appeal to me, especially if we don't know what the songs are even going to be.

A neat idea for people who buy everything no matter what but I think those users are fairly rare outside of this forum (and even on this forum).

DLC has been such a hit and miss for me lately (I have bought only three songs over the past three months) this doesn't appeal to me, especially if we don't know what the songs are even going to be.

1- I'm assuming we will know the songs when the pass becomes available for sale.

2- Considering they are doing this, I would bank on all or most songs being objectively good to justify the purchase.

3- If it's not either of these options, why bother?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited August 3

DLC has been such a hit and miss for me lately (I have bought only three songs over the past three months) this doesn't appeal to me, especially if we don't know what the songs are even going to be.

1- I'm assuming we will know the songs when the pass becomes available for sale.

2- Considering they are doing this, I would bank on all or most songs being objectively good to justify the purchase.

1. I strongly doubt they'll be preannouncing DLC into October, before the end of August. I think they're hoping part of the lure of this is the unknown. "A boat's a boat, but the Mystery Box could be anything! It could even be a boat!"
    2. What is 'objectively good'? Is "Rebel Heart" objectively good?

1. I strongly doubt they'll be preannouncing DLC into October, before the end of August. I think they're hoping part of the lure of this is the unknown. "A boat's a boat, but the Mystery Box could be anything! It could even be a boat!"
    2. What is 'objectively good'? Is "Rebel Heart" objectively good?

Let's meet back here in less than 21 days and discuss. :)
  • I think the only way they'll announce the contents is if it's only RBVR songs as RBVR songs arriving isn't a surprise, only the order in which they are released is a surprise.