Introducing the Rock Band Season 2 Spotlight Pass!

Comments

• KidSleez said:

djb5f1 said:

I'm gonna take a wait and see approach to this pass.. A part of me loves the idea of a "subscription" to RB DLC - simply because I love the game and I buy a decent amount of DLC..

But I just gotta see the quality of the songs for this first round.. I know one person's good song is another's bad, but I think the first 8 songs could provide a good idea.

It kind of reminds me of being a kid and buying a pack of football cards - you put your money down knowing you're likely to be happy with at least a few of the offerings, and who knows - maybe happy with all of them.. Now if HMX can just figure out a way we can "trade" some of the DLC ;)

Would love to be able to trade songs like pretty much 90% of songs in this week's challenge but don't think I would find a trading partner! ;)

I am wondering if the underlying criteria for this week's challenge is actually free songs or songs with the least amount of sales!

I do want more Cracker though. Criminal that we don't have "Low".
    Low is sorely missing in RB.
    Yeah there are some classic 90's singalongs that are sorely missing in RB.. Cumbersome is another that comes immediately to mind..
    Ooh, that's another good one that I had wanted for a long time, but forgot about.
  • I don't know how sing-songy it is, but I really want Plowed by Sponge.

That's another good one. I know at this point we'd never get it, but I would dig a Sponge pack with Plowed, Molly, and Wax Ecstatic.
  • I also buy every new song but, unlike some of the other posters who do the same, I'm not really sure I should buy this. It might actually cost more money if some of the songs included were part of packs and I end up losing out on the pack discounts. It's kind of a gamble getting it or not getting it which is too bad.

If songs included on the season pass were either guaranteed to not be included in packs or if the packs they were in had a "season pass version" (which excludes the season pass song owners already got), I would definitely get this. As is, I'll wait for more information.
  • Calculations were done earlier and 6 or more of the 8 songs would need to be in a pack for it to be cheaper to not buy the spotlight pass. The last time there were that many packs close together was 2012.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Grumble did the math above (in pounds sterling, but similar results would show in usd calcs). There would need to be multiple packs released in that time for there to be any question of whether you'd have spent more money this way than that. If every track is $1.99 (I wouldn't be surprised if they have another $2.99 surprise in store - if not Stranglehold then something in September)... this saves you $2.43. A typical small pack offers a 48 cent savings for buying the pack rather than 3 singles. If we miraculously got 4 small packs in 8 weeks (we've gotten 4 packs, all small, so far this year, and the most recent was 6 months ago!) this would still represent savings.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

I don't know how sing-songy it is, but I really want Plowed by Sponge.

I'd rather get "Molly (Sixteen Candles)" personally.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    So season 1 ends in 2 days and we still dont know what "bonus" we are getting for reaching bloodstone? Or even if there is something we get for even playing in this season?
  • ugxwolfugxwolf Unsigned
    patl175 said:

So season 1 ends in 2 days and we still dont know what "bonus" we are getting for reaching bloodstone? Or even if there is something we get for even playing in this season?

Well, we HAVE been told that your tier isn't the only thing that decides your prize, but your standings IN the tier as well. However, we still don't know anything else about it that I'm aware of.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    edited August 8
    patl175 said:

We get badges. Please be excited.
    As others have said, Season 2 starts on August 24th. Rewards in Season 1 will be badges, but stay tuned for something different in Season 2... :)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/6s7lrz/when_does_season_2_begin_what_are_the_season_1/dlc5mwa/

• Are they at least different from the season 0 badges?
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    I like it.

Any *competitive* or top-level crew is most definitely going to buy the song to post scores on spotlight alone. There's no way they wouldn't.

And...it's convenient. No longer do I have to manually install each song and go through the process of purchasing them, waiting to install, etc.

Count me in and thank you Harmonix for the savings! =)
  • KazooKazoo Unsigned
    Heh... actually.. I kind of like the ritual of going to the store and getting the new songs.
  • I'd rather know what I'm getting before committing plus I like to know how they play out. I personally have enough songs I can't figure out or gold star.
  • ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned
    I buy everything anyway, these will be Spotlights and will end up saving a few sheckles to boot!

All sounds good to me! :wink:
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    (Psst, it's "shekels.")
  • I might actually buy this and see how it works out. If it's to my liking, I'll stick to it. I'm not one to buy everything that comes by. A lot of the bands are unknown to me for multiple reasons (not really into the scene if a certain genre or maybe the band isn't popular where I live), but that doesn't mean I can't try it. I was very surprised by the music from Ghost for instance. Not to mention songs like S.O.M.P and Shadow (By Bearstronaut) are great songs and fun to play, but I have never heard from them beforehand. I'm hoping this will play out in a similar fashion.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    It really is more about how it plays vs. the song itself.
    There are great songs that would be pretty terrible or not fun to play on Rock Band specifically.
  • LoopyChew said:

(Psst, it's "shekels.")

*schmeckles