Specific Pattern Practice

Are there any songs with a fast patterns in the style of G R G Y B Y repeated or of course the same but starting a fret higher. I feel like they'd be great practice for getting my hand to move up and down the frets more. Kind of like how (at least in my case) I sometimes have to move my first finger to yellow fret to land a specific phrase. I also just suck at patterns which skip frets, so yeah.

Alternatively, what's a good way to train my pinky? It's so flimsy and inconsistent.

Comments

• Alternatively, what's a good way to train my pinky? It's so flimsy and inconsistent.

Play some Ska in expert guitar.
  • Wildcat15 said:

Alternatively, what's a good way to train my pinky? It's so flimsy and inconsistent.

Play some Ska in expert guitar.
    I'd much rather play something like Metropolis Pt. I on Expert Guitar than a Ska song - precisely for that reason! Took me about an year of practice to be able to somewhat make those weird repeating patterns they have and even so I end up missing a lot of notes by the end of the song.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    "Kids" by MGMT has tons of those patterns on bass. Also "Good' from the second free Rivals pack has a tricky bass line, at least for me. It's G R Y O Y B but playing 3 notes then moving and playing another 3 notes completely sends my brain into shutdown mode. It's one of my last two 3X, 1-dot bass songs and the more I practice it the worse I get :(