E-kit Music Library Drum Navigation

hollamshollams Unsigned
edited August 14 in Rock Band
I do have Drum navigation turned on and I can move through everything with my e-kit drums.

When I am in the Music Library picking songs for a set list sorted by band name, is there a way like in RB3 to pull up the ABC list so I can choose that way? If I hit the kickdrum it just goes down one artist at a time and the normal method is hold down kick drum but that won't work with an e-kit.

Is there an alternate way that I'm missing?

[MOD EDIT: Uncorrected. Gee, thanks, Derek.]

Comments

  • Click a header.
  • hollamshollams Unsigned
    I have seen that instruction before so which button do I hit on the header? I thought I read somewhere you hold a button down but that never worked for me.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    hollams said:

    I have seen that instruction before so which button do I hit on the header? I thought I read somewhere you hold a button down but that never worked for me.

    Holding the pedal down only works on ION and Rock Band drums. For MIDI drumsets, you need to hit green on the header (if sorting by artist, click on the nearest artist name; if sorting by song name, maybe hit your pedal to skip to the next letter and click on the letter, etc.).
  • hollamshollams Unsigned
    When I am on the header which say is Parmore and I hit the green pad, it adds all the songs under that header to my setlist which is what happened before i had just forgotten. .
    LoopyChew said:

    hollams said:

    I have seen that instruction before so which button do I hit on the header? I thought I read somewhere you hold a button down but that never worked for me.

    Holding the pedal down only works on ION and Rock Band drums. For MIDI drumsets, you need to hit green on the header (if sorting by artist, click on the nearest artist name; if sorting by song name, maybe hit your pedal to skip to the next letter and click on the letter, etc.).
    When I am on the header which say is Parmore and I hit the green pad, it adds all the songs under that header to my setlist. I don't ever see the ABC list.

    I'm sure that I must be doing something wrong just not sure what.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Oh wait, I just realized you said RB3. Doh!

    Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to do it in RB3. The header click is something they made in RB4 to work around that.
  • smanchacsmanchac Unsigned
    To clear this up. Clicking a header does bring up an abc list in quick play. When "making a setlist" it doesn't - it adds all of the artist to the setlist.

    I wish we could change/fix this. Is it possible?

    For help with this, I usually switch to sort by difficulty, scroll until I see the letter or close, then sort by artist. It's a pain, but helps save me from kicking the bass pedal 200 freaking times to get from a to s.

    Hope this helps.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    smanchac said:

    To clear this up. Clicking a header does bring up an abc list in quick play. When "making a setlist" it doesn't - it adds all of the artist to the setlist.

    I wish we could change/fix this. Is it possible?

    For help with this, I usually switch to sort by difficulty, scroll until I see the letter or close, then sort by artist. It's a pain, but helps save me from kicking the bass pedal 200 freaking times to get from a to s.

    Hope this helps.

    In Rock Band 3?
  • smanchacsmanchac Unsigned
    LoopyChew said:

    smanchac said:

    To clear this up. Clicking a header does bring up an abc list in quick play. When "making a setlist" it doesn't - it adds all of the artist to the setlist.

    I wish we could change/fix this. Is it possible?

    For help with this, I usually switch to sort by difficulty, scroll until I see the letter or close, then sort by artist. It's a pain, but helps save me from kicking the bass pedal 200 freaking times to get from a to s.

    Hope this helps.

    In Rock Band 3?
    In rb 4
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    smanchac said:

    LoopyChew said:

    smanchac said:

    To clear this up. Clicking a header does bring up an abc list in quick play. When "making a setlist" it doesn't - it adds all of the artist to the setlist.

    I wish we could change/fix this. Is it possible?

    For help with this, I usually switch to sort by difficulty, scroll until I see the letter or close, then sort by artist. It's a pain, but helps save me from kicking the bass pedal 200 freaking times to get from a to s.

    Hope this helps.

    In Rock Band 3?
    In rb 4
    Exactly. The original poster needs help in RB3, not in RB4. We've all been giving RB4 advice when that's not what's being asked for.
  • LoopyChew said:

    smanchac said:

    LoopyChew said:

    smanchac said:

    To clear this up. Clicking a header does bring up an abc list in quick play. When "making a setlist" it doesn't - it adds all of the artist to the setlist.

    I wish we could change/fix this. Is it possible?

    For help with this, I usually switch to sort by difficulty, scroll until I see the letter or close, then sort by artist. It's a pain, but helps save me from kicking the bass pedal 200 freaking times to get from a to s.

    Hope this helps.

    In Rock Band 3?
    In rb 4
    Exactly. The original poster needs help in RB3, not in RB4. We've all been giving RB4 advice when that's not what's being asked for.
    They say 'a way LIKE in RB3', not 'a way in RB3'.
  • smanchacsmanchac Unsigned
    HMXOwl said:

    LoopyChew said:

    smanchac said:

    LoopyChew said:

    smanchac said:

    To clear this up. Clicking a header does bring up an abc list in quick play. When "making a setlist" it doesn't - it adds all of the artist to the setlist.

    I wish we could change/fix this. Is it possible?

    For help with this, I usually switch to sort by difficulty, scroll until I see the letter or close, then sort by artist. It's a pain, but helps save me from kicking the bass pedal 200 freaking times to get from a to s.

    Hope this helps.

    In Rock Band 3?
    In rb 4
    Exactly. The original poster needs help in RB3, not in RB4. We've all been giving RB4 advice when that's not what's being asked for.
    They say 'a way LIKE in RB3', not 'a way in RB3'.
    Exactly.
Sign In or Register to comment.