DLC Discussion Thread: Free Rivals Songs!

Comments

• MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited August 8
    razor63 said:

The links to both bandcamps are in the top post, but it seems Parks is a relatively new band, with only a double track single available.

The "Sweater Weather" single originally showed a release date of 2012 when I checked their Bandcamp back when it was announced for VR. Oddly enough, a few months after VR came out, they deleted the original music video, uploaded a new one, and re-released the single. Probably for RBVR promo reasons, I assume.

My understanding is that they've been around at least 5 years, but that still qualifies as "relatively new".
  • calloy said:

two songs named "Sweater Weather" is a sign of the Apocalypse...just sayin'

by nuclear winter
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    calloy said:

two songs named "Sweater Weather" is a sign of the Apocalypse...just sayin'

Wouldn't that be a cold day in hell?
  • It could go either way, take July for example you had In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida followed by 3 songs the following week (1 on Tuesday, 2 on Thursday). My new prediction for the order is:

8/17 - Free Rivals songs
    The Black Cheers - "(You're) Breaking Up"
    Arctic Horror - "Black Seas"

8/24 - One song
    Ted Nugent - "Stranglehold"

8/29 - RBVR
    Catfish and the Bottlemen - "Postpone"

8/31 - 90s
    Sugar Ray - "Every Morning"
    Garbage - "Stupid Girl"

we have three weeks left in August.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Yeah, he has that. He's suggesting a three song week arriving on two different days in the week, like we got last month.
  • Well my feedback won't be great lol. I honestly quit trying once my group hit a certain point because demotion is gone so didn't have to put much effort into it after a certain point. :(
  • In case you were wondering, on XB1 you get the new DLC by going into ready to install. It's exactly like what you've been doing over the past 22 months and ongoing for legacy DLC entitlements. For PS4, I don't know but I'd guess what SIEA owners have been doing for delisted DLC would work.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Are they up on the US PSN Store yet?

In case you're wondering, i've got both the AU and US versions of RB4 Rivals... i've already grabbed the free tracks off the AU PSN Store last night, but logged into my US account and can't find them.

My feedback wasn't great either. It was more about what's happening with the SIEE legacy/delisted content. Having the vocal/audio options adjustable on the fly with a controller as they were in previous Rock Band games instead of pausing and navigating through menus and sliders. More DLC (more than 2 songs a week would be nice). Oh, and the return of the RBN (wishful thinking I know).
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Something something will pick up Parks whenever I next start the game.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star

In case you were wondering, on XB1 you get the new DLC by going into ready to install. It's exactly like what you've been doing over the past 22 months and ongoing for legacy DLC entitlements. For PS4, I don't know but I'd guess what SIEA owners have been doing for delisted DLC would work.

I tried that but the songs aren't showing up for me. (Yes, I have Rivals.)
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Edify1 said:

In case you were wondering, on XB1 you get the new DLC by going into ready to install. It's exactly like what you've been doing over the past 22 months and ongoing for legacy DLC entitlements. For PS4, I don't know but I'd guess what SIEA owners have been doing for delisted DLC would work.

I tried that but the songs aren't showing up for me. (Yes, I have Rivals.)
    I don't think they're up for SIEA users yet.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I never expect to see new songs appear on PS4 before noon Eastern time on Thursday. Perhaps they show up even earlier than that, sometimes, but I don't think they have ever been there as early as 9am.
  • MCA1976MCA1976 Unsigned
    I'm in the same boat as Edify1. I own Rivals, but the songs are not showing up in the "ready to install" section.
    Still can't get these songs on Xbox.
    Yeah, I'm still unable to get them.
  • DLC has been going up at around 10:00-10:30 almost every Thursday for me for awhile now. PSN is on the ball compared to what they used to be with store updates (think they realized the complaints.. oh and i'm central USA time btw.)

• (I found the problem and am helping smart people fix it)
    It's funny that new content I was able to DL at 9pm (pst) on a Wednesday. I haven't been able to do that for a couple months now. Thanks Xbox! lol... Seriously tho, I hope I'm able to DL these songs soon!
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    I searched for the songs on xbox.com and clicked "install on Xbox One" and it showed up in the "Ready to Install" on my Xbox. So that might be worth a try if you haven't already.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    edited August 10
    I checked the "Ready to Install" on my Xbox at about 10am BST today and the songs were there.
    I wonder if this has anything to do with purchasing Rivals through the bundle and not through the Xbox store?
  • For what it's worth, I have Rock Band 4 on a disc, pre-ordered the Rivals expansion, and both songs were in "Ready to Install" late last night.
    Don't mind me trying to find a reason for it all! I'm just bored and wanting to DL these two songs already.
    HMXOwl said:

(I found the problem and am helping smart people fix it)

Thanks for the update!
  • Season 1 is over but RB is still very active, 83 new missions!

• So no time for rewards other than badges, they came as a complete surprise and couldn't be implemented in the 8 weeks we had season one, but you can add 83 new missions to rock band 4...... lol.