DLC Discussion Thread: Free Rivals Songs!

Comments

• edited August 10
    OK yesterday they ask in a survey if we want more missions.
    I said "YESSS!!!!!!" along with many others, I'm sure.
    Today 83 new missions, DAMN!! they work fast!!
    THX HMX!!
  • I am living for the Spirit Kid song.. it's so awesome
  • Now you can be even more thankful we got the full version of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, there's a mission where you have to FC a song that's longer than 12 minutes.
  • I still can't get these two songs... I assume the fix is not live yet
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    I still can't get them, either.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I got them very easily for PS4, I have to assume that it's Xbox that it being a little bit finicky this week?
  • For those keeping track, here's the new RBVR songs left:
    Arctic Horror - "Black Seas" (August)
    The Black Cheers - "(You're) Breaking Up" (August)
    Catfish and the Bottlemen - "Postpone" (August)
    Coldplay - "Birds"
    Maroon 5 - "Maps"
    Carrie Underwood - "Church Bells"
    The Wind and the Wave - "Grand Canyon"
    Twin Atlantic - "I Am Alive"
    Band of Horses - "Casual Party"
    The Starting Line - "Quitter"
    Against the Current - "Running With the Wild Things"
    AudioDamn! - "Lights Out"
    Switchfoot - "Float"
    edited August 11

For those keeping track, here's the new RBVR songs left:
    Arctic Horror - "Black Seas" (August)
    The Black Cheers - "(You're) Breaking Up" (August)
    Catfish and the Bottlemen - "Postpone" (August)
    Coldplay - "Birds"
    Maroon 5 - "Maps"
    Carrie Underwood - "Church Bells"
    The Wind and the Wave - "Grand Canyon"
    Twin Atlantic - "I Am Alive"
    Band of Horses - "Casual Party"
    The Starting Line - "Quitter"
    Against the Current - "Running With the Wild Things"
    AudioDamn! - "Lights Out"
    Switchfoot - "Float"

Aside from the free ones, the only songs from this list I see myself picking up are the Switchfoot and Coldplay songs.
  • edited August 11

I searched for the songs on xbox.com and clicked "install on Xbox One" and it showed up in the "Ready to Install" on my Xbox. So that might be worth a try if you haven't already.

Weird. When I look them up online, all I see is "Available only as part of a bundle." No "Install on XBOX One" to be found.
  • Well they're still trying to fix the issue.

I searched for the songs on xbox.com and clicked "install on Xbox One" and it showed up in the "Ready to Install" on my Xbox. So that might be worth a try if you haven't already.

Weird. When I look them up online, all I see is "Available only as part of a bundle." No "Install on XBOX One" to be found.
    Yeah. For me, I get the message "not sold separately."
  • I have not tried playing them, but I found them in "Ready to Install".
    Still not working for me.
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    These songs are SO GOOD!! Sweater Wheater is that type of song I want to listen to everyday
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    These songs are SO GOOD!! Sweater Wheater is that type of song I want to listen to everyday
  • Damn you HMX, you got me to get the songs just so I can get closer to my 1,000th song! :p Thanks for the new missions as well, I was able to clear 3 by FC'ing "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida". And as an aspiring professional graphic artist myself, I admire the badge designs, particularly "Rose Gold". Truth be told though, my favorite is the "Cloaked in Darkness" badge earned from playing "Cirice", it should come as no surprise that I like skulls!
  • Though I don't think it's going to happen, Thursday would be the perfect time to release those 90s songs especially with Sonic Mania coming out on Tuesday.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    I'm gonna assume the songs will be fixed when the next DLC releases. Bummer.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Guys, i have a question about the wannabe bassist mission, i dont understand what i have to do to get it (english is not my main language) no matter what i try nothing seems to be working, thanks
    patl175 said:

Guys, i have a question about the wannabe bassist mission, i dont understand what i have to do to get it (english is not my main language) no matter what i try nothing seems to be working, thanks

Instead of strumming down on the guitar, you have to strum upward on every note while playing guitar, not bass. Hence, wannabe bassist, because you're playing the lead guitar like a bass guitar.
    patl175 said:

Actually, I seem to be having trouble, too. I think Wannabe Bassist III is buggy. I've now upstrummed five songs on guitar but it's only registered two of them.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Edify1 said:

patl175 said:

Actually, I seem to be having trouble, too. I think Wannabe Bassist III is buggy. I've now upstrummed five songs on guitar but it's only registered two of them.
    Did they have solos? Did you use the solo buttons?
    LoopyChew said:

Edify1 said:

patl175 said:

I don't remember if they had solos, but if they did, I used the regular big buttons. I tend not to use the solo buttons just because it's too difficult for me to switch back to the big buttons in time to hit the next series of notes. I usually miss a few in trying to reposition my fingers.
    I was finally able to download these two free songs this week. They're both pretty fun, and good songs to listen to. There was a noticeable drop in volume during the solo on To My Romeo, though.
  • Edify1 said:

LoopyChew said:

Edify1 said:

patl175 said:

I don't remember if they had solos, but if they did, I used the regular big buttons. I tend not to use the solo buttons just because it's too difficult for me to switch back to the big buttons in time to hit the next series of notes. I usually miss a few in trying to reposition my fingers.
    Did they have those Big Rock Endings? If you use the solo buttons on those, I believe that doesn't count as upstrums.