The Official Rock Band Rivals Season One Community Survey

Comments

• Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    uppyb0t said:

A lot of people feel they've wasted their efforts to get to bloodstone, only to receive nothing.

If only 1 crew gets a prize, there is little motivation to be had, especially if some crews have ridiculous amounts of time to compete.

I consider badges to be something. It's better than wasting 2 months at the start of season 0 for the "reward" of trying to stay in/get back to Bloodstone.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    My thoughts..

- Have not looked at Missions since they were first released. They are irrelevant to me unless trophies/achievements are attached.

- Where missions could help is as far as trophies. It is showing I have completed every song on RB4 on-disc soundtrack on Hard 5-stars. I have no idea which song(s) are not registering and tired on replaying them, when so many of the songs are underwhelming. Add this as a mission (and Expert 5 stars progress, Solo trophy progress), even if it can't go retroactively and I will look at missions more.

- Really like the skill rating, as flawed as the algorithm is (i.e. not being able to replace a FC 5-star Hard score with a 5-star score on Expert because of fewer points, etc.). Having that, makes me want to play more and replay songs and get better ratings and improve my skill rating.

- Need to keep the DLC coming, the more the better, but quality over quantity. I would gladly pay for known, highly coveted songs (like In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida) over getting free Rivals songs. The music drives this game and the button pushing, while very fun, is secondary.

- Love the App. Keep improving it, adding new updates, like ability to add a secondary sort to the Song Listing or ability to sort by Play Count.

- Seasons mode is good but there should be more songs each week as part of the Weekly Rivals Challenge. Last week, it was 5% of the total library, and so many off-brand songs and acts. Wasting such a great catalogue of songs. Should be 400-500 songs on average out of 2500+ available, some weeks more, some less.

- Would love to see a trophy/achievement attached to reaching Level 100. For dedicated players. In-game badges and t-shirts just don't mean as much to many of us who would rather record our gaming achievements for display outside of the game.

- And need more sales and discounts on older songs. RB1 and RB2 era DLC used to be discounted. Time for that to happen again. Throw some track packs out there on weekly sales like the old days would be great too and be the incentive for many including myself to keep buying.
  • NoDNoD Opening Act
    I put in for new feature:
    Challenge Modes like Rock Band 1, Dual and Tug of War.
  • Saw someone mention the Season 0 shirts, had forgotten about that... and made me wonder, are we getting anything like that for Season 1?
  • Saw someone mention the Season 0 shirts, had forgotten about that... and made me wonder, are we getting anything like that for Season 1?

Nah, there's S1 badges. Gotta patch in clothes and stuff, didn't find the opportunity. Plus, buncha people in S0 said clothes were cool, but they never wore them since they had existing outfits. So, different strokes, variety is the spice of life, all that. S2, though...
  • I wish that along with the badges for S1 if you improved your tier position for S1 you would get the extra shirts you missed on in S0. I would be happy to wait if they could pull that off on the next update. ;)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I wear my Diamond Cat shirt ALL THE TIME. I am no longer tortured about not getting that Cheeseburger Shirt. But you're right, you can't always give clothing away (or not the same type of clothing), there are definitely diminishing returns. Well, now there's plenty of time to contemplate (and implement) a fun Season Two award. Either non-shirt clothing (hats?) or ... "something else" ... ideally not just a badge, but I don't have any brilliant alternatives.

It would be nice to have a place to show off more than one badge (your 3 favorite?) but there doesn't seem to be any good way to brag about the one badge you get to display now. I haven't played online lately, I'm not sure how prominently displayed that single badge is right now. Hmmm.

I just want to say, good luck, we're all counting on you.
  • RaccoonaticRaccoonatic Unsigned
    edited August 11
    HMXOwl said:

Saw someone mention the Season 0 shirts, had forgotten about that... and made me wonder, are we getting anything like that for Season 1?

Nah, there's S1 badges. Gotta patch in clothes and stuff, didn't find the opportunity. Plus, buncha people in S0 said clothes were cool, but they never wore them since they had existing outfits. So, different strokes, variety is the spice of life, all that. S2, though...
    Ah, I see. No one ever sees my badges because I don't play online - don't know enough people who play. Was very excited to get Diamond, though. Thanks for the response.

Edit P.S.: On the subject of what I want to see, in general - I would've like to have seen character creator expanded: sliders, tattoos/body art, etc. But I do believe it is too late in the game for that to happen.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    edited August 11
    Missions gives me a nice distraction and motivation to play Rock Band and better my level (not to mention personal skill) which is only currently 68 and I'm not happy about it.

I would like to be at least lvl 70 by the time season 2 starts.
    That should be doable.
  • twistedoaktwistedoak Unsigned
    edited August 11
    HMXOwl said:

Saw someone mention the Season 0 shirts, had forgotten about that... and made me wonder, are we getting anything like that for Season 1?

Are you guys going to identify the rewards before the season starts, or is it going to be a guessing game like season 1? There are a lot of people who were upset about the lack of communication and the end rewards, a little transparency and communication will alleviate the people who may not return for a second season.

Also, is there going to be any fanfare about results from your seasons? I really enjoyed the stats that was made about season 0's gameplay, and would like to see something similar for season 1, plus giving credit to those who played your game is always a good thing.

• thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

Missions gives me a nice distraction and motivation to play Rock Band and better my level (not to mention personal skill) which is only currently 68 and I'm not happy about it.

I would like to be at least lvl 70 by the time season 2 starts.
    That should be doable.

I would say we should race, because I too am at 68... but I honestly don't foresee myself playing more than an hour or two a week between now and the start of next season - I subject my family to enough Rock Band when I'm grinding out weekly challenges that there is great domestic-peace value in a couple weeks of reprieve.
  • I was quite excited with the news of a lot of new Missions coming to the game! Saw it on the official Facebook page and can't wait to go back home and play the hell out of those new Missions! Yay! Something to do during the two-week Rivals break!

Also, will probably get two new songs this week (aside from the free Rivals ones) - I'm thinking about Forever - In This Moment and Glory of Love - Peter Cetera (that latter is a DLC, right?)
  • Tyrus1235 said:

I'm thinking about Forever - In This Moment and Glory of Love - Peter Cetera

Those are both stellar choices.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    I still want my Kittah shirt
  • HMXOwl said:

Are you guys going to identify the rewards before the season starts, or is it going to be a guessing game like season 1? There are a lot of people who were upset about the lack of communication and the end rewards, a little transparency and communication will alleviate the people who may not return for a second season.

Also, is there going to be any fanfare about results from your seasons? I really enjoyed the stats that was made about season 0's gameplay, and would like to see something similar for season 1, plus giving credit to those who played your game is always a good thing.

People said they posted things on Reddit but not here.
    Last time I checked these were the "OFFICIAL" forums not Reddit.
    Reddit gives me a freaking headache every time I use it.
    Same. @HMXOwl was the first official word on the OFFICIAL forums announcing rewards for season 1, and that was in page 2 about a community survey 3 days after season 1 ended.

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 11
    This is how I found out about the season 1 rewards.
    SmashMan said:

patl175 said:

So season 1 ends in 2 days and we still dont know what "bonus" we are getting for reaching bloodstone? Or even if there is something we get for even playing in this season?

We get badges. Please be excited.

"As others have said, Season 2 starts on August 24th. Rewards in Season 1 will be badges, but stay tuned for something different in Season 2... :)"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/6s7lrz/when_does_season_2_begin_what_are_the_season_1/dlc5mwa/

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/comment/5385008/#Comment_5385008
  • MistressDeviantMistressDeviant Unsigned
    edited August 11
    For season rewards, yeah the t-shirts were nice when they appeared on the PS4, but I admit I didn't wear it all the time, and not at all now that the crew is Bloodstone. I like the option of showing off badges online, but the problem with that is I play online with my crew primarily, so there's no incentive because we all have the same. Prize instruments would be good, but only if there are microphones added. I kind of envision it like RB1, where you could be awarded a gold, silver, or clear mic; only now it would be from bronze to red, this would be my favorite choice. Secondly, if clothes were to be the reward, how about full outfits or accessories in place of shirts? The point being is that we have rewards we can personally enjoy and see every day as opposed to a badge which most likely will only been seen online and to people who share the same prize.

On new features that could be added in Season 2, I know I speak for a lot of players when I say one of the most needed additions is a filter that can be used when we're online to show only those songs that are part of the weekly challenge, especially now with the new mission to complete 10 theme songs, etc. Overall, even though I was slightly disappointed with the prizes this season, I understand that this is only the beginning. I still had fun; despite some frustrations getting into Bloodstone, and I look forward to see what's in store in S2.
  • Eh.. might not play much of season 2 now if all we are going to get is badges when half my friend list has quit playing the online mode anyway. :(
  • In regards to badges, mine never stay selected... So it's pointless. I shouldn't have to go into Missions every time I start the game to select a badge.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    I wonder what percentage of the feedback was "MOAR MUSE!"
  • calloy said:

I wonder what percentage of the feedback was "MOAR MUSE!"

Judging by the last survey, a surprising amount.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Tyrus1235 said:

I was quite excited with the news of a lot of new Missions coming to the game! Saw it on the official Facebook page and can't wait to go back home and play the hell out of those new Missions! Yay! Something to do during the two-week Rivals break!

Also, will probably get two new songs this week (aside from the free Rivals ones) - I'm thinking about Forever - In This Moment and Glory of Love - Peter Cetera (that latter is a DLC, right?)

Forever is tremendous, but it's on the Metal Track Pack export - and if you don't have that yet you really should pursue that.

• SmashManSmashMan Rising Star

HMXOwl said:

Plus, buncha people in S0 said clothes were cool, but they never wore them since they had existing outfits.

I think for a great deal of people (especially PS4ers) they abandoned any attempt to adopt the shirts because of the server-check 'feature' that caused the shirts to periodically become unavailable and be stripped off your character.
    And also, the shirts were ugly.
  • Tyrus1235 said:

I was quite excited with the news of a lot of new Missions coming to the game! Saw it on the official Facebook page and can't wait to go back home and play the hell out of those new Missions! Yay! Something to do during the two-week Rivals break!

Forever is tremendous, but it's on the Metal Track Pack export - and if you don't have that yet you really should pursue that.

Didn't know Forever until you both mentioned it, but after checking it out, I definitely need to grab that one too!
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    We definitely need more In This Moment in rock band, they had 2 great songs on rbn that I miss playing :(
  • Tyrus1235 said:

Yeah, I ended up getting Mr. Big - To Be With You instead of Forever. I was thinking about the Metal Track Pack but I'd have to listen most of its songs I don't really know them that well - I'm sort of a casual Metal fan and usually don't appreciate the heaviest stuff. I do plan on getting Forever eventually as it's not heavy at all (imo) and is quite an awesome song.

Another problem with getting the Track Pack is that my Track Pack priorities right now are with the AC/DC one (since mine came with a bad code and all...)