Determining the issue with XB1 entitlements for the free Rivals songs

grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
edited August 13 in Rock Band
Some XB1 owners are having entitlement issues with To My Romeo (Spirit Kid) and Sweater Weather (Parks) so this thread will be to help HMX solve the problem especially that the same issue will likely be present with the other 2 free songs this month (Black Seas, (You're) Breaking Up). So, the info required is:
- Can you download To My Romeo (Spirit Kid) and Sweater Weather (Parks)?
- Did you preorder Rivals and if yes, did you receive the 10 preorder songs that all preorders were meant to receive?*
- Was your Rivals purchase digital or physical?
- If digital, did you get the Rivals expansion (Rivals on its own) or the Rivals bundle (RB4 and Rivals)?

*Just a reminder, these were the 10 preorder songs:
Weezer - "King of the World"
Skillet - "Feel Invincible"
Bring Me the Horizon - "Happy Song"
Semisonic - "Closing Time"
Eagle-Eye Cherry - "Save Tonight"
Pharrell Williams - "Happy"
Sia - "Chandelier"
Capital Cities - "Safe and Sound"
The Neighbourhood - "Sweater Weather"
Of Monsters and Men - "Little Talks"

Comments

• My answers are:
    - Yes
    - Yes and received the 10 preorder songs
    - Digital
    - Rivals Expansion
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    My answers:

No
    No. However, I have received without issue all of the free songs released for Rivals so far (the indie rock tracks and S.O.M.P.)
    Digital
    Rivals Expansion
  • No
    Yes. I got 12 I pre-ordered from Amazon.
    Physical
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    - No, was not able to download.
    - Yes, I pre-ordered and got all pre-order bonuses.
    - Physical copy.
  • NofxthepirateNofxthepirate Unsigned
    edited August 12
    - No
    - No
    - Digital
    - Rivals Bundle with RB4
  • It could be that only those who got the digital preorder currently have the entitlements. For those with physical preorders, was there a separate code for the 10 pack (i.e. a code entitled you to the Rivals expansion and another code entitled you to the Rock Band Rivals Launch Pack)?

If there was then it could be that the way digital preorders entitled the 10 songs and the exclusives (Golden Sword Guitar and Cheeseburger T-Shirt) made this week's DLC entitlements work.
  • It could be that only those who got the digital preorder currently have the entitlements. For those with physical preorders, was there a separate code for the 10 pack (i.e. a code entitled you to the Rivals expansion and another code entitled you to the Rock Band Rivals Launch Pack)?

If there was then it could be that the way digital preorders entitled the 10 songs and the exclusives (Golden Sword Guitar and Cheeseburger T-Shirt) made this week's DLC entitlements work.

I believe 3 codes.
    1. Rivals Expansion
    2. 10 Pre-Order Songs (E-Mail from Amazon)
    3. 2 Amazon Tracks Bonus E-mail
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    1. Yes* (Haven't tried To My Romeo)
    2. Yes
    3. Digital
    4. Rivals Expansion
  • smanchacsmanchac Unsigned
    I can't download any song

Is there any way I can get the pre order songs? From amazon or digitally? I would even consider rebuying rivals if necessary.
  • 1. No, haven't been able to download new songs, tried several ways including hard restarts, clicking links online, and through store. "Manage game" did not show them as well.
    2. Preordered through amazon and received 10 plus 2 songs from Amazon. I preordered jag bundle.
    3. Physical and included code
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    smanchac said:

Is there any way I can get the pre order songs? From amazon or digitally? I would even consider rebuying rivals if necessary.

The preorder songs are all available for purchase in the store.
  • Edify1 said:

smanchac said:

The preorder songs are all available for purchase in the store.
    I either get as bundle or the three dots of doom. I'll check later tonight though.
  • I have Rivals as a code that came with the disc, but when I look online at Xbox's site for the Rock Band digital bundle it says it includes both songs along with the game and expansion. Maybe the Xboners that bought the full bundle get it for now the rest of us don't.

• BaresrBaresr Unsigned
    edited August 13
    XB1
    RB4 disc
    Digital Rivals expansion
    Can't get the 2 songs. Just ... in game store and 'not sold separately' and 'only available with Rivals bundle' in XB game store.
  • edited August 13
    No
    Yes
    Physical Jag bundle with Rivals code

In-game store gives me 3 dots of doom on the 2 free songs and XBox store on the web says only available as part of bundle.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    We might want to add whether or not you pre-ordered from Amazon, since we know there's a permutation there (I don't know if Amazon's two songs were a separate code, but still...).
  • LoopyChew said:

We might want to add whether or not you pre-ordered from Amazon, since we know there's a permutation there (I don't know if Amazon's two songs were a separate code, but still...).

Hmm, that's interesting. My physical bundle was a pre-order from Amazon and I'm unable to download the 2 new tracks.
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    Digital RB4
    Digital Rivals expansion preorder
    Can download the songs
  • Digital RB4
    Physical Code for Rivals
    Amazon Preorder
    Can't download the songs
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    -Can you download 2 new songs? No
    - Did you preorder Rivals and if yes, did you receive the 10 preorder songs that all preorders were meant to receive?*
    - If digital, did you get the Rivals expansion (Rivals on its own) or the Rivals bundle (RB4 and Rivals)?

I cannot get the 2 new songs, tried in-game store and manage game/updates... nada.
    I did not preorder, did not receive 10 preorder songs.
    Rivals was physical copy bundled with Jag guitar. Previously purchased RB4 physical too.
    Xbox One
  • - Can you download To My Romeo (Spirit Kid) and Sweater Weather (Parks)?

No, the store freezes when I try.

No, I got an RB4 + Rivals Bundle recently (august 2017). So no preorder songs.

Physical I think?

Bundle
  • -No I cannot download the new songs.
    -Yes I did pre-order a physical copy of RB4 through Amazon and received all free songs
    -My Rivals was a pre-ordered physical copy as well and I did receive all songs
  • - Can you download To My Romeo (Spirit Kid) and Sweater Weather (Parks)?

No.

Did not preorder. Have those ten songs, though. Physical purchase of Rock Band Rivals Wireless Fender Jaguar Bundle for Xbox One from Amazon.
  • cruecrewcruecrew Unsigned
    No I can't download. Yes I pre ordered from Amazon and received all songs. (have physical disk) . Have been able to get previous rivals songs.
  • KazooKazoo Unsigned
    I discovered that I never used the amazon code for the extra songs. I used it yesterday, but had no new entitlements. The only song I have in my library is "Happy", but I most probably purchased it.

The code was accepted, and if I tried to use it again, it noted that it had already been used. Still, nothing to indicate I 'own' those new songs.

I am unable to obtain the two free songs from this week.
  • - Yes I was able to download the 2 songs. I used the Xbox iPhone app to search for the songs in the store and then "Get" them, and since I was on the same WiFi it started downloading to the Xbox One immediately.
    - Yes I pre-ordered and obtained those 10 songs.
    - I bought Rivals digitally on its own first. Then I had to re-buy the digital version of RB4 because my Band in the Box disc was snapped in half by my 2 year old (shouldn't have to worry about that again, at least). This was after Rivals was out, so the only way to do that was to buy the digital bundle.
  • KazooKazoo Unsigned
    edited August 15
    Ok.. dumb question.... these songs are part of the "launch pack" right? Do we need to have purchased said pack to get these DLCs? I'm a little confused here.

EDIT: Wait... there are TWO Sweater Weather songs? Ok.. nevermind. Yes, I'm confused, but I'll deal with it on my own. :)
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    Seems like most people having an issue getting the songs (like me) had a physical copy of Rivals.