Help! Missions not working Rock Band 4 Rivals

So I'm new to Rock Band and bought this for my daughter. We have been trying to complete missions and it seems impossible on about 95% of them. For example, there is one that you need to get 50000 points on 3 different pop songs. We have gotten over 50000 on like 3 different songs from the list, but it doesnt register to show the mission completed. Same thing for a mission to upstrum a whole song, and most others. Can anyone tell me what we are doing wrong? Its driving us both nuts!

Comments

• ajenniceajennice Unsigned
    same.
    There are missions (wannabe bassist 1 and 2) in which you up strum your guitar. I've done about 30 songs and Not a 1 has counted.
    Another is playing X minutes of 1970s songs in MP. After a 12 song set list of all 1970s songs, not a single;e one has registered.

I'd like some help on this too
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    tcord79 said:

For example, there is one that you need to get 50000 points on 3 different pop songs. We have gotten over 50000 on like 3 different songs from the list, but it doesnt register to show the mission completed.

If you are playing multi-player with your daughter, are you looking at the total band score for the songs or are you looking at your individual instrument scores? I'm pretty sure this mission requires individual instrument scores above 50k.
    tcord79 said:

Same thing for a mission to upstrum a whole song, and most others. Can anyone tell me what we are doing wrong? Its driving us both nuts!

There are currently two different types of missions for upstrumming. One of them is the Bassist Instict type where you have to play the bass and upstrum every single note you play for the entire song.

The other mission is the Wannabe Bassist type where you have to play guitar and upstrum every note you play. I had a couple of songs not count for this one, but I'm pretty certain it was because I was playing on a pretty high difficulty and accidentally slipped in a downstum or two during the frenetic parts.

I guess another thing to check is to make sure you are logged into your profile when you are playing.

• ajenniceajennice Unsigned
    The wannabe bassist 1&2...ive aced multiple songs up strumming only.
    Every difficulty to ensure no Hoops.

I also played 45 minutes online playing only 1970s songs.... no progression.

• Wannabe Bassist is not working for me either.....
  • Glad to Harmonic is all.over this.
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    Wannabe bassist is broken
    @LoopyChew
    @HMXOwl
  • edited September 10
    I got it the day it came out. Hell, I even did the testing to make sure it behaved properly on lefty. Buncha people have it, too. It works as it's supposed to, sorry. FCs are probably mandatory for 'all' notes.
  • edited September 10
    Hmm I will have to try again but Wannabe Bassist 2 hasn't been working for me. I got the Wannabe Bassist 1 a while ago but since I have been trying to get more I have played 4-5 different songs and it is not counting them.

**Edit** It appears to be working again. I just played a song I tried about 10 times over the last couple weeks and if finally triggered WB2 for me.

Also this time I just went into quickplay when before I was going through missions mode.. so if it is not working try going to quickplay mode.
    HMXOwl said:

I got it the day it came out. Hell, I even did the testing to make sure it behaved properly on lefty. Buncha people have it, too. It works as it's supposed to, sorry. FCs are probably mandatory for 'all' notes.

I use legacy instruments, maybe is that the problem? @HMXOwl
  • tati81 said:

HMXOwl said:

I use legacy instruments, maybe is that the problem? @HMXOwl
    Can't recall hearing anything about the Wave 1 upstrum Mission having a problem with those, so I wouldn't imagine? I mean, legacy still means old, so if your actual guitar is misfiring in a weird way...
  • Made my roommate do it (don't worry, he's QA) and he got it fine on a P-Bass.
    I was goofing around this morning and the only songs that counted towards the goal were upstrum FCs.

I tried playing a tough song all-upstrum and missed some notes. Or a bunch maybe. I was using a finger technique that prevented accidental downstrums and also prevented "bounce-back" down-strums. No progress on the non-FC. Then I played an easy song and got my second Wannabe Bassist song to register for that mission.

So maybe that's it. Or maybe it only registers once in a while and my FC was at the lucky spot?
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    Just played 3 songs on guitar with upstrums only. Have done plenty of upstrumming-only on Bass, so I'm no stranger to upstrums. But made no progress towards the mission. All of them were 98-99% GS's...but missed a note or two each time.

Pretty sure it's FC's only...which seems strange for this achievement, especially when it's worded that way.
    OakTea said:

Just played 3 songs on guitar with upstrums only. Have done plenty of upstrumming-only on Bass, so I'm no stranger to upstrums. But made no progress towards the mission. All of them were 98-99% GS's...but missed a note or two each time.

Pretty sure it's FC's only...which seems strange for this achievement, especially when it's worded that way.

I confirmed it is FCs only. 100%-ing a song with one extra strum does not count. (I tried it on "Hello There" because I didn't want to invest a ton of time.)

I guess it makes sense for 100%, because otherwise you could upstrum the first note and not play anything else and count that song. (With no-fail on.) Not sure why it has to also be an FC though.
    Do we need to upstrum HOPOs too?
    tati81 said:

Do we need to upstrum HOPOs too?

I don't think so.