The New And Improved BEEF FED COW Thread

I figured it would be best to start this new thread since we are a pretty different type of group from when we first started.

We got to bloodstone on the 3rd possible week last season, hopefully we can do it faster this time. We have a full group 10/10 and all the spotlight instruments covered from the get go so it should be easier this time around.

If we ever need to recruit somebody I will edit the title of this thread.

It turns out we do use the app. I just didn't know it because I have no app. Is it possible to get the app on a desktop or is it only for phones?

I don't love this weeks theme at all. I like real themes that restrict your library, not play any song you want. But my demotivation about the theme is made up for by the fact that this is the first chance to play a Challenge since the 2 week break - I am very excited about that.

Comments

• Is it possible to get the app on a desktop or is it only for phones?

Only for phones.
  • Is it possible to get the app on a desktop or is it only for phones?

Only for phones.
    Bummer.

But thanks for the info.

Well, then I ask that my band members post occasionally on this thread so I (and any others without phones) know what's going on.
  • Actually, the RB app works very well (I'd even say better than on my Galaxy Tab-A) on an Android emulator for the PC, like Nox (https://www.bignox.com/). You need to understand what you're doing if you're gonna work with virtualization, though, since you might have to tinker with a bios setting or two. It's not very difficult if you read the documentation.
  • CountWaescheCountWaesche Opening Act
    I run the app on my iPad, works fine, but I think any app enabled comp should be able to run it..but I ain't no comp expert. Per the app, we are auto promote to next tier, just about. I had not realized we'd have to restart at bronze every season....but no prob, good challenge.
  • All we really need to try and do is keep the 99 projected points. That way we would be tied with everyone.

I don't know if it is possible to get 100, but even if it was I am sure we couldn't do it.

It wouldn't be terrible if we fell to 98 either, but I'm hoping for the 99...
  • CountWaescheCountWaesche Opening Act
    We will work on it!
  • We got the 99.

99 in Spotlight, 99 in XP. 99 everywhere.

I just don't understand the scoring.

I see one set of scores that show the top three groups all got 99. But then another set of scores that show the Top 3 groups got 100. They all show different groups and one leaderboard says Challenge Results, the other shows Season Results. Since there has only been one challenge this season so far, shouldn't both leaderboards have been the same. I am confused.

But in any event, we got the 99 I wanted so I am happy and we are tied with a ton of other groups as I expected.
  • Go by what it says on the leaderboards in game.

The app has been off lately. It said 99 overall at the end, but the leaderboards in game say 100. Last season it was the in game leaderboard that has always been accurate.
  • This week we got 98. I am very happy with that since we were at 97 most of the week. All 10 members played at least some, so that was good.

I am looking forward to this coming challenge.
  • Be advised I may be off a few, I'm in SW Florida about to get hit by hurricane Irma.
  • I hope things go as well as they can for you. Be safe.
  • We are ranked #30 currently (actually tied for 28th).

This coming week should be a normal week as we get promoted to Diamond.

Next week will be the first crack at Bloodstone. I'd like us to put the effort into that week and see how we fare. If it is looking grim we can always dial back after a few days.

Last season, we made bloodstone on the third try. Pretty sure, now that we are a full 10/10 and have all the spotlights covered - we should be able to make it no later than the second try this time.
  • smanchacsmanchac Unsigned
    edited September 14

We are ranked #30 currently (actually tied for 28th).

This coming week should be a normal week as we get promoted to Diamond.

Next week will be the first crack at Bloodstone. I'd like us to put the effort into that week and see how we fare. If it is looking grim we can always dial back after a few days.

Last season, we made bloodstone on the third try. Pretty sure, now that we are a full 10/10 and have all the spotlights covered - we should be able to make it no later than the second try this time.

We made it the second week, not third.

And the main reason for that is the weekly challenge was all skull and 5 dot songs which a lot of us skipped.

Excited to work for bloodstone again this season. We've got it for sure with the new drummer who kills the spotlight songs.
  • I guess my memory is faulty.

I do remember for sure though that when our newest drummer joined he got a massive score on In A Gadda Da Vida and it didn't count since he had just joined during that week, so that meant we had no chance to move up to bloodstone that week. So we did it the next week.

I'm not feeling the challenge this week. I have no drums (no good at them anyway) and these seem like very unfun songs to sing. Worst collection of spotlight songs so far, in my opinion. Hopefully Fear The Cub likes them. Seems like they will be pretty hard on Guitar and Bass too, I'm not good at doing fast metal type stuff on those.
  • I guess my memory is faulty.

I do remember for sure though that when our newest drummer joined he got a massive score on In A Gadda Da Vida and it didn't count since he had just joined during that week, so that meant we had no chance to move up to bloodstone that week. So we did it the next week.

I'm not feeling the challenge this week. I have no drums (no good at them anyway) and these seem like very unfun songs to sing. Worst collection of spotlight songs so far, in my opinion. Hopefully Fear The Cub likes them. Seems like they will be pretty hard on Guitar and Bass too, I'm not good at doing fast metal type stuff on those.

Agree 100%
  • I got us back into promotion range today. If everyone can play just a few songs I know we will make it. Sucks our spotlight drummer is gone this week but we should be alright.
  • I will play more again later tonight and have cleared time Tuesday night to play too.

Since this is a bad week for us, we should just focus on doing whatever we can to get promoted. Then hopefully our drummer will come back for next week.

Sniffuls, if you see this - Please beat my score on guitar on that one song. I see from the leaderboard you have gotten 100% on it before, I can't even gold star it. That should help our spotlight score a bit.

Has anybody been on the app? If you could try and coordinate the people on there - that would be great. Let me know what people are saying. Have we heard from our drummer at all, did he say he can't play this week or is there still a chance he might appear?

I know Count Waesche was in Florida with the hurricane so couldn't play...
  • My power came back yesterday, finally! My gaming set up was messed up due to storing stuff in the garage for the hurricane, but I'll try and get in some songs tomorrow. Got repairmen coming today to fix my water issues.
  • I believe Innocence is still down here working on things.
  • I played all night up until the last second. I think we got promoted (barely). It said we got 71 and 70 was needed for promotion.

That was harrowing. Didn't expect to struggle before Bloodstone week. But the perfect storm (literally) almost got us. They had to make it hard drum week with bonus XP for drums on the week all our drummers were washed away in the Hurricane...
  • Yep, this was not a good week. I'm having my internet checked, having connectivity issues.