September 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Wake Me Up When This Overused Joke Ends

Comments

• There is not a whole lot of songs in drop mix that I would want in rock band... these are the ones I recognize by name and would buy

Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand
    Skrillex - Bangarang (ft. Sirah)
    Technotronic - Pump Up the Jam
    Commodores - Brick House
    Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
    Rick James - Super Freak
  • I'll take The Vines cover of Ms. Jackson
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    I'm predicting:
    - At least one song from the 00's
    - A recent chart hit
    - One returning artist
    - One artist new to Rock Band
    - 2 more RB:VR songs
    - A song featured in Dropmix

• I'm wondering in what way they'll reveal DLC this time. Here's the year so far:
    January - All at once
    February - All at once
    March - One week at a time (RBVR being likely reason)
    April - All at once
    May - Partial reveal (Mother Mother and You & Me being hidden)
    June - Partial reveal (Ain't It Fun and Girls Just Want to Have Fun being hidden)
    July - Partial reveal (In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, She, Testify and Alive being hidden)
    August - All at once

I'm guessing partial reveal.
  • I'm wondering in what way they'll reveal DLC this time. Here's the year so far:
    January - All at once
    February - All at once
    April - All at once
    June - Partial reveal (Ain't It Fun and Girls Just Want to Have Fun being hidden)
    August - All at once

What's to guess anymore, we know Dropmix's new songs would just replace VR's once they're done being drip-fed to us.

And that's why DLC support is just "through 2018" for now.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

I'm wondering in what way they'll reveal DLC this time. Here's the year so far:
    January - All at once
    February - All at once
    April - All at once
    August - All at once

I'm guessing partial reveal.

I am thinking all at once; they need to tempt those on the fence for getting the Spotlight Pass to jump in and do it. Partial release leaves lingering doubts they are hiding less than desired songs.
  • Sick of playing Under Pressure's bass line yet?

;)

Also yes, we need a solid Whitney Houston pack but I'll take it!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

Sick of playing Under Pressure's bass line yet?

;)

But it's different just listen to the last note!
  • Witticus said:

;)

I'll just let the DJ revolve it.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned

Witticus said:

;)

I'll just let the DJ revolve it.
  • JayRenaissanceJayRenaissance Road Warrior
    edited September 5
    I NEED ALL OF THESE IN MY LIFE.

So, I'll bold the ones that will cause me to make an embarassing high pitched noise as soon as I read them in Rock Band...

... but pretty much all of this would be bought

DO YOU KNOW HOW CRAZY SCENARIO WOULD BE IN A PARTY?!?!

Afrojack - Take Over Control (ft. Eva Simons)
    Big & Rich - Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)
    Childish Gambino - Heartbeat
    CHVRCHES - The Mother We Share
    Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand
    Flo Rida - I Don’t Like It, I Love It (ft. Robin Thicke, Verdine White)
    LMFAO - Sexy and I Know It
    Odezsa - Say My Name (ft. Zyra)
    Ricky Martin - La Mordidita (ft. Yotuel)
    Run-D.M.C. - It’s Tricky
    Sean Paul - Temperature
    Skrillex - Bangarang (ft. Sirah)
    A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario
    Young M.C. - Bust a Move

Anderson .Paak - Am I Wrong (ft. Schoolboy Q)
    The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
    Fifth Harmony - Work from Home
    Miike Snow - Genghis Khan
    Technotronic - Pump Up the Jam
    TLC - No Scrubs
    Bell Biv Devoe - Poison
    Commodores - Brick House

Dolly Parton - Jolene
    Ginuwine - Pony
    Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive**
    Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations (ft. Loleatta Holloway)
    Outkast - Ms. Jackson
    Panic! At the Disco - Emperor’s New Clothes
    Rick James - Super Freak
    Salt-N-Pepa - Push It
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Very cool week, will be getting both and am looking forward to the rest of the month
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act

What's to guess anymore, we know Dropmix's new songs would just replace VR's once they're done being drip-fed to us.

Don't be cynical; yes, a lot of new songs to RB4 were first in RBVR since it released in the end of March, but we've still gotten a lot of songs that were not in it. This is the breakdown since RBVR release:

New (from RBVR): 24 - 51%
    New (not from RBVR): 17 - 36%
    Rewind: 6 - 13%

And those new not from RBVR have included some classics like In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, Shout, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, etc.

As for songs from Dropmix that I'd like in RB, mainly the 3 LEGO tracks (the only export I don't have, and I regret that a little bit), plus Genghis Khan and Emperor's New Clothes would all be insta-buy. Aside from that, I guess there are some tracks that would go on my wishlist like Super Freak, Push It, and Brick House.

• Since launch so far it's been 3 non-RBVR songs per month which given only one of these was a rewind (Free Bird) there's been a good split. Will this continue? I'm not sure given that if it is the case, there's 1 non-RBVR song left for the rest of the month.
  • MemoDLSG said:

Don't be cynical; yes, a lot of new songs to RB4 were first in RBVR since it released in the end of March, but we've still gotten a lot of songs that were not in it. This is the breakdown since RBVR release:

New (from RBVR): 24 - 51%
    New (not from RBVR): 17 - 36%
    Rewind: 6 - 13%

And those new not from RBVR have included some classics like In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, Shout, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, etc.

As for songs from Dropmix that I'd like in RB, mainly the 3 LEGO tracks (the only export I don't have, and I regret that a little bit), plus Genghis Khan and Emperor's New Clothes would all be insta-buy. Aside from that, I guess there are some tracks that would go on my wishlist like Super Freak, Push It, and Brick House.

Half cynical, half joking. Hard to tell, I know.
  • Still holding hope for some big gets we still don't have. Stuff like Broken Wings (why don't we have this already!?), Don't Dream It's Over, Enjoy the Silence (seriously, why not!?) and such.

Also missing some great Coldplay songs (Violet Hill? Speed of Sound? Green eyes??).

...Though a huge part of me hopes for the debut of White Lies and for more Mäximo Park songs (like, they would be awesome to sing and play! Books From Boxes! Parisian Skies! Our Velocity!).

And I do want some more Rewinds as playing the old RB games on the PS3 make my heart ache for Summer of '69, Float On, Final Countdown, Accidentaly in Love (yes, it's part of my teenage years so nostalgia applies here), Pinball Wizard, Orange Crush and so on and so forth.

But what has come so far this month is quite intriguing and pleasing at the same time so let's see what's to come.
  • Tyrus1235 said:

Still holding hope for some big gets we still don't have. Stuff like Broken Wings (why don't we have this already!?), Don't Dream It's Over, Enjoy the Silence (seriously, why not!?) and such.

Also missing some great Coldplay songs (Violet Hill? Speed of Sound? Green eyes??).

...Though a huge part of me hopes for the debut of White Lies and for more Mäximo Park songs (like, they would be awesome to sing and play! Books From Boxes! Parisian Skies! Our Velocity!).

And I do want some more Rewinds as playing the old RB games on the PS3 make my heart ache for Summer of '69, Float On, Final Countdown, Accidentaly in Love (yes, it's part of my teenage years so nostalgia applies here), Pinball Wizard, Orange Crush and so on and so forth.

But what has come so far this month is quite intriguing and pleasing at the same time so let's see what's to come.

Apply Some Pressure I'm surprised has not been in a rhythm game to this point given how many other games it's been featured in. But I second Our Velocity (one of the hidden gems on the European version of GH On Tour: Modern Hits).
  • Witticus said:

Tyrus1235 said:

great Coldplay

Great Coldplay (verb) : British slang for sub par mediocracy compared to everyone else. Usually used to sarcastically express ones failures in a more jovial manner.

Example: Johnny Great Coldplayed his final exams and now worries the asbestos mine won't hire him.
    Ok, I legit laughed out loud at this. Nice one!

(on a more serious note: imo great Coldplay is Coldplay up to Viva La Vida and a few newer songs like Hymn for the Weekend)
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

I'm wondering in what way they'll reveal DLC this time. Here's the year so far:
    January - All at once
    February - All at once
    April - All at once
    August - All at once

Through 2018 or up to 2018? Through 2018 would imply we're getting DLC all of next year as well.

Anyways, as far as Dropmix songs being the majority of DLC (like the RBVR soundtrack has been for the last few months), I hope that's not the case. Honestly, I lot of these songs wouldn't play that well in Rock Band. But then again, I don't think either of this week's DLC songs would play very well either, and here they are, as DLC for everybody, so what the hell do I know.
  • So I think it's safe to assume that the rest of the month will all be mystery songs
  • So I think it's safe to assume that the rest of the month will all be mystery songs

Yeah they could've revealed the rest of the month by now but they haven't. I'm not gonna hold my breath for anything truly big though.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 7
    I think it's so RB doesn't overshadow DropMix and Super Beat Sports, they did the same strategy for RBVR back in March.

Anyway with this week being 2 non-RBVR new songs, I'm altering my predictions:

9/14 - 10s Pop, 2x Play a Show bonus
    Maroon 5 - "Maps" (spotlight pass)
    Against the Current - "Running With the Wild Things"

9/21 - DropMix, 2x Brutal Mode bonus
    Young MC - "Bust a Move" (spotlight pass)
    Europe - "The Final Countdown" (rewind)

9/28 - More VR singles, 2x Unannounced Mode bonus
    Carrie Underwood - "Church Bells" (spotlight pass)
    The Wind and the Wave - "Grand Canyon"

EDIT: Let's add in bonuses.
  • I'm going to change mine too. Though, I still think that all of the Spotlight Pass songs are not from VR's songlist, but new to Rock Band.

And I predict that we're going to get a Drum Weekly Challenge called AN-I-MAL!!! and a Bass Weekly Challenge called Groove Assassin, since we had a Guitar Weekly Challenge called Lord of the Strings and we're getting a Vocal Weekly Challenge called Virtuoso, as well as a DropMix-themed Weekly Challenge.

9/14 - Foo Fighters (Weekly Challenge: AN-I-MAL!!! (Drummers gets 25% XP Bonus)
    - Everlong (RB2 Rewind)
    - Run (Season 2 Spotlight Pass)
    Weekly Challenge Spotlight Songs: Birth In Reverse, Black Seas, Run

9/21 - DropMix (Weekly Challenge: Drop That Mix! (DropMix Songs and Artists (Bonus XP for choosing Random Song)
    - Europe - The Final Countdown (LRB Rewind)
    - Young MC - Bust a Move (Season 2 Spotlight Pass)
    Weekly Challenge Spotlight Songs: Bust a Move, The Final Countdown, Short Skirt/Long Jacket

9/28 - Modern British Pop Rock (Weekly Challenge: Groove Assassin (Bassists gets 25% XP Bonus)
    - The 1975 - Girls (Season 2 Spotlight Pass)
    - Coldplay - Birds (Rock Band VR Carryover)
    Weekly Challenge Spotlight Songs: Black Betty, Girls, Little Miss Can't Be Wrong
  • My only prediction until it comes is Jolene by my godmother .
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 7
    I did notice about the RB1 achievements theme:
    Lord of the Strings (Finish Guitar Solo Tour on Expert)
    Virtuoso (Finish Vocals Solo Tour on Expert)
    AN-I-MAL!!! (Finish Drum Solo Tour on Expert)

There wasn't a bass achievement as there was no Bass Solo Tour so maybe they'll do the same thing here (have a drums challenge but not a bass challenge).