September 2017 DLC Prediction Thread: Wake Me Up When This Overused Joke Ends

Comments

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

@TheStuddz It also follows the same pattern as Hold the Line, I Wanna Rock, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, etc. where the first song (Africa, We're Not Gonna Take It, Time After Time, etc.) gets released as DLC and lots of people say they also wanted [other song] leading to [other song] getting released around 6-8 months later.

Following that school of thought, looking forward to Run-around (Blues Traveler) and Honey Bee or something else from Wildflowers (Tom Petty)!
  • djb5f1 said:

@TheStuddz It also follows the same pattern as Hold the Line, I Wanna Rock, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, etc. where the first song (Africa, We're Not Gonna Take It, Time After Time, etc.) gets released as DLC and lots of people say they also wanted [other song] leading to [other song] getting released around 6-8 months later.

Following that school of thought, looking forward to Run-around (Blues Traveler) and Honey Bee or something else from Wildflowers (Tom Petty)!
    With regard to Wildflowers, I'd love to have A Higher Place, Time to Move On, To Find a Friend and/or the title track.
  • hiimSMAP said:

Remember that time back in 2012 that there was a fake "leak" for Burnin' For You, I Feel the Earth Move by Carole King, and Stars by Hum? You know how pumped I was for that week? And instead we got a **** Linkin Park pack?

Basically, I'm gonna keep my expectations really low anytime BOC or Hum are mentioned because I don't wanna get disappointed

That woulda been a great 3 pack! Stars would be fun.

Back to this...would really dig Burnin For You. STOP GETTING MY HOPES UP PEOPLE! :)
  • Can we have Gypsy Road, Last In Line, and Rock Me then?
  • So we're running out of bonus XP options, so far we've had:
    - Rockudrama + On Tour
    - Guitar
    - Vocals
    - Drums
    - Bass

So I think these are the remaining possibilities if there's no content update before the end of season 2:
    - Play a Show (though On Tour and Rockudrama have show setlists so maybe this wouldn't happen)
    - Brutal Mode
    - Online Multiplayer
  • I would think the next one will be multiplayer... hopefully not just online multiplayer so for us people who don't pay to play online
  • BaronRob said:

Can we have Gypsy Road, Last In Line, and Rock Me then?

Yes, yes, and yes.

We DESPERATELY need more Cinderella and Great White. Dio would be awesome too.

Heck, why not Keel's "The Right to Rock" for Rock Band's Anniversary?
  • I'd love Nothin' For Nothin', Night Songs and Back Home Again. Cinderella's first album is freakin' spectacular.
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act

So we're running out of bonus XP options, so far we've had:
    - Rockudrama + On Tour
    - Guitar
    - Vocals
    - Drums
    - Bass

So I think these are the remaining possibilities if there's no content update before the end of season 2:
    - Play a Show (though On Tour and Rockudrama have show setlists so maybe this wouldn't happen)
    - Brutal Mode
    - Online Multiplayer

1) HMXOwl has said he doesn't think Brutal Mode bonuses are a good idea, as Brutal plays already yield more XP as is, and Brutal Mode is something only the most hardcore players can even do.

2) It's entirely possible we get a week (or more) without bonus XP. I'm still hoping for a keys-themed week with no bonus :tongue:
  • Well I doubt Online Multiplayer bonus would happen until HMX has enough evidence from the community that the September update completely fixed checking setlist.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

Well I doubt Online Multiplayer bonus would happen until HMX has enough evidence from the community that the September update completely fixed checking setlist.

Good point although it sounds like something they want to do as a challenge. I think I remember in the intro blurb for this Season, they mention online plays could get extra XP in a weekly challenge as an example. So if the update fixes it (they should get enough feedback this week), then good chance...
  • I'd love Nothin' For Nothin', Night Songs and Back Home Again. Cinderella's first album is freakin' spectacular.

You even left out Somebody Save Me. But as good as the first album is, the second album is one of the finest hard rock albums ever recorded. Full album that in a second. Or at least Gypsy Road, Coming Home, and Fire And Ice. And The Last Mile. And Take Me Back...
  • BaronRob said:

I'd love Nothin' For Nothin', Night Songs and Back Home Again. Cinderella's first album is freakin' spectacular.

You even left out Somebody Save Me. But as good as the first album is, the second album is one of the finest hard rock albums ever recorded. Full album that in a second. Or at least Gypsy Road, Coming Home, and Fire And Ice. And The Last Mile. And Take Me Back...
    I liked Long Cold Winter quite a bit when it came out, but I don't think it's aged very well. I still like it (most notably the songs you mentioned), but for me, it doesn't hold up like Night Songs does.
  • BaronRob said:

I'd love Nothin' For Nothin', Night Songs and Back Home Again. Cinderella's first album is freakin' spectacular.

I liked Long Cold Winter quite a bit when it came out, but I don't think it's aged very well. I still like it (most notably the songs you mentioned), but for me, it doesn't hold up like Night Songs does.
    I would go completely the other way - Night Songs is very mid-late 80s hard rock, especially the deep cuts, while the blues elements of Long Cold Winter separate it from the pack and also roughen it up a little.
  • BaronRob said:

BaronRob said:

I would go completely the other way - Night Songs is very mid-late 80s hard rock, especially the deep cuts, while the blues elements of Long Cold Winter separate it from the pack and also roughen it up a little.
    I think both albums still hold up very well, quality-wise. They're signs of the times, but the songs are still great songs. Heartbreak Station is also a good album for potential songs if we want to continue on this.

Disappointed nobody's mentioned Push, Push yet though :smiley:
  • Heartbreak Station is a solid album, but in the magical alternate universe where we get several more Cinderella songs, I only really need the title song and The More Things Change in Rock Band.
  • They lost me with the Heartbreak Station album, though I do like the song. I've never even heard Still Climbing.
  • If next week's challenge does end up being a color challenge, I think the "free" spotlight song will be either Black Seas or (You're) Breaking Up.
  • BaronRob said:

coolkat said:

BaronRob said:

BaronRob said:

I think both albums still hold up very well, quality-wise. They're signs of the times, but the songs are still great songs. Heartbreak Station is also a good album for potential songs if we want to continue on this.

Disappointed nobody's mentioned Push, Push yet though :smiley:
    BaronRob said:

Heartbreak Station is a solid album, but in the magical alternate universe where we get several more Cinderella songs, I only really need the title song and The More Things Change in Rock Band.

Good gawd people - if we can't all agree on the correct Cinderella song - we'll NEVER get any more DLC from them.
    The correct answer is "Shake Me".
    End of discussion.
    Get on board - this divisiveness is KILLING us!
  • MistressDeviantMistressDeviant Unsigned
    edited September 25
    Yes to "Burning for You", I've wanted that song since RB1! Add Yes' "Long Distance Runaround" and "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits and I'll be a happy woman. ;)

As for next week's bonuses, it makes sense that after the individual bonuses, multiplayer would be next. Brutal mode certainly would be worth a Bloodstone week, but in general; to be honest, the difficulty level is too skewed between instruments. I'll admit, as a vocalist, I have the easiest challenge in brutal compared to my friends. I feel the multiplayer/band bonuses would be the fair thing to do, including both local and online for us solo players.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Wish a song from The Killers's new album that just came out yesterday would show up sometime soon, but I don't see that happening at least until we get "When You Were Young" as a rewind.

I really wish they would release their rewinds more frequently, the sooner we get them out of the way the sooner we can go back to 100% new DLC, and not have to worry about a good artist that deserves another song just getting the same song twice.
  • @GLaDOS I don't think we're ever returning to 100% new DLC. While rewinds were part of the 10th anniversary celebrations (this is stated in the January DLC reveal), I think they've been received well enough that we'll still be getting them in 2018 and beyond. The best you can hope for is the remaining 9 new RBVR songs being released as soon as possible so new DLC is a complete surprise.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    I think DropMix may have removed a lot of the ‘complete surprise’.
  • @thatmarkguy Possibly, we don't know yet whether DropMix is a RBVR type situation or a Dance Central type situation. Super Freak isn't enough evidence for either situation.
  • There've still been surprises in the recent past that have nothing to do (at least immediately) with DropMix or RBVR (Whitney, In-A-Gadda, etc.). While 100% may never be a thing, I don't think we'll ever get to the point where we're only getting DropMix or RBVR songs.
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited September 25
    So for this week we are looking at:

1) definitely a modern pop song:

“Despactio” - Louis Fonsi & Justin Bieber (please no)
    “Maps” - Maroon 5
    “Look What You Made Me Do” - Taylor Swift

2) possibly:

“Burnin’ for You” - BÖC
  • edited September 25

So for this week we are looking at:

1) definitely a modern pop song:

“Despactio” - Louis Fonsi & Justin Bieber (please no)
    “Maps” - Maroon 5
    “Look What You Made Me Do” - Taylor Swift

2) possibly:

“Burnin’ for You” - BÖC

Hopefully 2.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 25
    My last prediction is going to be the animal challenge revisited idea I came up with in the spotlight pass thread but with an extra song as I think the new RBVR songs will be completed by November.

Coldplay - "Birds"
    Band of Horses - "Casual Party"
    Blue Öyster Cult - "Burnin' For You" (spotlight pass)
This discussion has been closed.