DLC Discussion Thread: Hot and Cold

Comments

• calloycalloy Unsigned
    it was only a percentage last week, right? I expect they'll follow suit, but if there's extra-extra-points involved, I'll be singing a lot this week.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star

@thatmarkguy Don't know about SIEA and SIEE but Ice Ice Baby was in my ready to install section on XB1.

Yeah, downloaded them around 11:30pm last night here in Oz (PS4, SIEE). Ice Ice Baby was free since I own the pass. :smiley:
  • Showing 1.99 for me on SIEA
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Shows 2,99 for me siea canada
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I grabbed them last night on Xbox NA. Banilla was in the ready to install section, but I had to search the console store for Whitney because she wasn't showing in the in-game store yet.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

Showing 1.99 for me on SIEA

• Showing 1.99 for me on SIEA

Same here, I also bought the pass and it is showing as needing to be purchased once again.

• Again....ice ice baby shows 1.99$
  • Yeah, both 1.99 for me on PSN just a few minutes ago.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    I was ready to buy the Spotlight pass but by not releasing the names of the September songs and this nonsense of not getting the songs you already paid for each week, not worth the hassle.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    Partial stems for Ice Ice Baby. Vocals have proper stems, everything else is DIY.
    I Wanna Dance is entirely DIY.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior

Partial stems for Ice Ice Baby. Vocals have proper stems, everything else is DIY.

Thank you for reporting on it, but yet again I'm disappointed really. I haven't bought new DLC in weeks because of it. It's not because I need to "play better without missing", it's the sound quality difference too that I notice. Sometimes I do wish we went back to having re-records, proper covers and alternative mixes as they for me were all part of the music game experience. As well as hearing parts amplified that I wouldn't hear so clearly on studio mix.

How about Stranglehold, Is that a DIY job too?
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    V8VANTAGE said:

Nope. Stranglehold is fully stemmed.
  • V8VANTAGE said:

Thank you for reporting on it, but yet again I'm disappointed really. I haven't bought new DLC in weeks because of it. It's not because I need to "play better without missing", it's the sound quality difference too that I notice. Sometimes I do wish we went back to having re-records, proper covers and alternative mixes as they for me were all part of the music game experience. As well as hearing parts amplified that I wouldn't hear so clearly on studio mix.

Uh.. I'd much prefer DIY Bowie songs over any of those terrible covers...
    Or not having any at all.
  • Yeah, variety of decades and genres satisfies the most people. The source of 10s songs being mostly the RBVR disc setlist meanwhile pre-10s are mostly songs never seen before in RB is a fantastic balance.
  • Most probably know but my Ice Ice Baby is free now!
  • V8VANTAGE said:

I agree that the sound quality of DIY stems definitely varies from "fine" to "very poor" and that sucks, but personally I'd rather have the songs I want in the game with poor quality DIY stems vs. not in the game at all. But I get why someone else (like yourself) wouldn't want that.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited September 8

V8VANTAGE said:

I didn't mean those Wavegroup covers, I mean ones that are released and are known. For example that "Danger Zone" song. Back in the day, if that was DLC, we would have been more likely got the Protomen version.

Another example is 99 Red Balloons, we'd likely get a DIY'd Nena version nowadays; apparently there are no stems available for this song, but back in the day we could have had the Goldfinger cover, which was one of the stronger songs on their album in my opinion.

Plus, I know most of Bowie's song stems are still in good order, particularly the 1970s onwards, I'm guessing cost and his recent passing is why we haven't received more.

There's still thousands and thousands of known songs with stems that Harmonix could easily snap up, whether it's complicated license issues, cost, or the fact that they don't really want to dig out the session tapes and digitise them; we will never know.

• A.S.Roma said:

Again....ice ice baby shows 1.99$

fixed now
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    V8VANTAGE said:

V8VANTAGE said:

Another example is 99 Red Balloons, we'd likely get a DIY'd Nena version nowadays; apparently there are no stems available for this song, but back in the day we could have had the Goldfinger cover, which was one of the stronger songs on their album in my opinion.
    Personally, I would still take either. They're both amazing.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    It's not like we don't get covers. We got Cake's "I Will Survive", Disturbed's "Sound of Silence"... even Ram Jam's "Black Betty" is a cover.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Fun fact: Blondie's Hanging on the Telephone is also a cover
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited September 8
    Fun Fact #2: so is Girls Just Want to Have Fun

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited September 8

It's not like we don't get covers. We got Cake's "I Will Survive", Disturbed's "Sound of Silence"... even Ram Jam's "Black Betty" is a cover.

hiimSMAP said:

tnevaker said:

While not in Rock Band, who else's mind exploded when they discovered that Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn" was a cover?

EDIT: It turns out that one's a later re-record. Natalie Imbruglia's version sounds more like the original.

• tnevaker said:

Ouch. Lauper totally made that way better lol.
  • LoopyChew said:

hiimSMAP said:

tnevaker said:

While not in Rock Band, who else's mind exploded when they discovered that Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn" was a cover?

EDIT: It turns out that one's a later re-record. Natalie Imbruglia's version sounds more like the original.

I will take any version of "Torn" in RB :)
  • The recent Bizarre Love Triangle stems situation (in that it had proper stems) makes me wish we had more New Order songs from their Brotherhood album, which would probably have proper stems.

In fact, I was quite surprised by The Reflex (Duran Duran), as I was expecting the same weirdly remixed version I got on Spotify and istead RB got a pretty neat version without weird vocal distortions and stuff.

And as for this week's DLC... I got the Whitney Houston song and got Gold Stars on its Vox on my first try, even though it's been a while since I last listened to that song. I really like it and singing it was quite enjoyable!