DLC Discussion Thread: Hot and Cold

Comments

• V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    Tyrus1235 said:

The recent Bizarre Love Triangle stems situation (in that it had proper stems) makes me wish we had more New Order songs from their Brotherhood album, which would probably have proper stems.

In fact, I was quite surprised by The Reflex (Duran Duran), as I was expecting the same weirdly remixed version I got on Spotify and istead RB got a pretty neat version without weird vocal distortions and stuff.

And as for this week's DLC... I got the Whitney Houston song and got Gold Stars on its Vox on my first try, even though it's been a while since I last listened to that song. I really like it and singing it was quite enjoyable!

The Reflex version we got is the same one that is on the studio album. All of the compilations, on the radio and various artists cd's etc all tend to use the "single" version, which was slightly remixed.

The new order one is also a remix, I have it on an album somewhere don't know what it's called possibly Bizzare Love Triangle 94, like True Faith 94, but on the album they applied reverb to the mix so it sounds more dry on RB.

I don't get why Ice Ice Baby doesn't have stems yet it sounds completely different to every version I've heard. The vocals sound like the re-record but it sounds like the vocals aren't the correct speed to match the music at times.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    LoopyChew said:

It's not like we don't get covers. We got Cake's "I Will Survive", Disturbed's "Sound of Silence"... even Ram Jam's "Black Betty" is a cover.

hiimSMAP said:

Fun fact: Blondie's Hanging on the Telephone is also a cover

tnevaker said:

Fun Fact #2: so is Girls Just Want to Have Fun

While not in Rock Band, who else's mind exploded when they discovered that Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn" was a cover?
    ...wait, WHAT?!
  • Novelty aside... I found Ice Ice baby to be a snoozefest. Maybe it will be more fun in a party setting, but solo I was not impressed.

The Whitney Houston song on the other hand was quite fun to play. Never thought I'd find myself saying that. :lol:
  • Instabuys! Will enjoy belting these out
  • Novelty aside... I found Ice Ice baby to be a snoozefest. Maybe it will be more fun in a party setting, but solo I was not impressed.

You ever wonder why it wasn't on a lot of wishlists? Because it was kind of predicted to be boring in the first place. However I guarantee a lot of your family and friends will play it ONCE for the lolz at a party.