The second year of RB4 - Discussion thread

Comments

• itzJVitzJV Road Warrior

itzJV said:

- Bass players need a unique gameplay mechanic to feel different from guitar, Give bass players the ability to activate AND deactivate overdrive whenever they want. Cannot activate again after a 3-5 second cooldown. Increase the overdrive bar from holding 4 overdrives to 6 overdrives. Need at least 2 overdrives to activate as usual.

I'd love it if bass had the open note like Guitar Hero did.
    I'd like to see that too, but I doubt HMX will take the time to go back through ALL the songs and re-chart for open notes.
  • itzJV said:

itzJV said:

- Bass players need a unique gameplay mechanic to feel different from guitar, Give bass players the ability to activate AND deactivate overdrive whenever they want. Cannot activate again after a 3-5 second cooldown. Increase the overdrive bar from holding 4 overdrives to 6 overdrives. Need at least 2 overdrives to activate as usual.

I'd love it if bass had the open note like Guitar Hero did.
    I'd like to see that too, but I doubt HMX will take the time to go back through ALL the songs and re-chart for open notes.
    True, but a boy can dream.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    Stuff I want to see:
    - Stats breakdown at the end of songs like in RB3 so I can find the section where I missed.
    - Be able to instantly practice songs from the quickplay menu.
    - Playable keyboard charts from the RB3 songs (probably unlikely).
    - Online matchmaking.
    - Indication of where I am in the leaderboard after finishing a song.

Stuff that needs fixing:
    - Random lagging and freezing in songs.
    - "Getting crew info" being stuck on screen after the main menu loads.
    - Long loading time after pressing 'join' at the title screen. Sometimes it takes about 2 minutes. Not sure if this is just on XB1.
    - Overstrums being counted after a BRE.
    - HOPOs not working after a trill/strum lane. Still need to strum them.
  • CAL022 said:

Stuff that needs fixing:
    - Random lagging and freezing in songs.
    - "Getting crew info" being stuck on screen after the main menu loads.
    - Long loading time after pressing 'join' at the title screen. Sometimes it takes about 2 minutes. Not sure if this is just on XB1.

@CAL022 These are hardware related issues, only Microsoft can fix it. Basically you have to wait on the XB1 dashboard after switching on the console for a certain amount of time before loading RB4 to avoid these issues. Generally 10-15 minutes works for me but when a XB1 system update happens I've had to wait for hours, restart the console and then wait 10-15 minutes.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    Has anyone got an issue where song previews take AGES to load in the selection screen? I'm on XB1. Yes, I've tried the usual Xbox one power off/unplug/replug/turn on and leaving it for 15 minutes before playing too.

I think the RB4 disc song previews load quickly enough but everything else it takes what seems like 8-10 seconds for everything else. I have 1392 songs in the library if this matters.
  • V8VANTAGE said:

Has anyone got an issue where song previews take AGES to load in the selection screen? I'm on XB1. Yes, I've tried the usual Xbox one power off/unplug/replug/turn on and leaving it for 15 minutes before playing too.

I think the RB4 disc song previews load quickly enough but everything else it takes what seems like 8-10 seconds for everything else. I have 1392 songs in the library if this matters.

Yuuuup. Click into a song's difficulty select, then back out. Should loosen it up.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    @grumblevolcano Ah OK, I'll try that.
  • V8VANTAGE said:

I think this second year overall has been better than the first, especially in terms of DLC, we have seen a lot less "current chart hits", and more variation, songs which were needed in the library for years have finally become available.

I'm happy that the majority of the songs featured on Rock Band VR have made it into the main title as DLC. Here's hoping Harmonix have similar intentions for songs on Dropmix and getting original versions of some songs featured on Singspace.

The negatives are that I feel that some features and bugs which have been in this game for a long while still aren't being fixed. Like the game seemingly is happy with a calibrated setting for a few songs then it falls out of sync again.

There are currently only a few songs from Dropmix that I'd want in RB (Bust a Move, Save a Horse), but there are quite a few Singspace songs I'd want.. A few already have (Superfreak, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun).. Here's hoping these tunes make their way over:

I Hate Everything About You
    Semi-Charmed Life
    @aimsmallmismall Are you talking about Three Days Grace's "I Hate Everything About You"? Because we already got that back in 2012. :) And we got Semi-Charmed Life '09 through Rock Band Network (R.I.P. :'( ), so I wouldn't hold my breath for the proper version to arrive.
  • V8VANTAGE said:

I think this second year overall has been better than the first, especially in terms of DLC, we have seen a lot less "current chart hits", and more variation, songs which were needed in the library for years have finally become available.

I'm happy that the majority of the songs featured on Rock Band VR have made it into the main title as DLC. Here's hoping Harmonix have similar intentions for songs on Dropmix and getting original versions of some songs featured on Singspace.

The negatives are that I feel that some features and bugs which have been in this game for a long while still aren't being fixed. Like the game seemingly is happy with a calibrated setting for a few songs then it falls out of sync again.

There are currently only a few songs from Dropmix that I'd want in RB (Bust a Move, Save a Horse), but there are quite a few Singspace songs I'd want.. A few already have (Superfreak, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun).. Here's hoping these tunes make their way over:

I Hate Everything About You
    Semi-Charmed Life
    @aimsmallmismall Are you talking about Three Days Grace's "I Hate Everything About You"? Because we already got that back in 2012. :) And we got Semi-Charmed Life '09 through Rock Band Network (R.I.P. :'( ), so I wouldn't hold my breath for the proper version to arrive.
    I think I was referring to Ugly Kid Joe with I Hate Everything About You, but maybe not - not sure..

And RBN songs don't count!!
    *There are about 20+ I'd love to have in RB4 but they do me no good now!
  • I like the layout of rb3 more than the rb4 layout. The large album art, album headers, the nifty screen change when you pressed triangle (on ps3) which made the artwork even bigger.
    Love it.

Hoping we see some of this integrated , especially album headers.

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    HMXOwl said:

V8VANTAGE said:

Yuuuup. Click into a song's difficulty select, then back out. Should loosen it up.
    Is the fix coming soon? This bug is putting a damper on me getting my wife to play more often. She's actually willing to video-game with me on RB, but no song previews pisses her off. TIA.