DLC Discussion Thread: Suspect Singles

Comments

• Eh. Since it's part of the pack I'll grab it.
    I am not shocked to see more avenged though.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    The Who song is great but I've had it for literally a whole decade. Hate Avenged Sevenfold
  • A7X is a good sounding band,but dreadful to play on expert. My RB flaws get exposed on fast metal songs so I'm worried I'm buying another song I'll never gold star. Nice job giving RB 1 some rewind love. Great song!
  • Fun fact: The last time a RB1 rewind appeared was in January with (Don't Fear) The Reaper.
  • g-money25 said:

Are we not having an announcement for the songs for the rest of the month or did i miss that post

Harmonix is keeping the entire month a secret, because of Dropmix's release date and possibly, the Season 2 Spotlight Pass.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited September 12

Fun fact: The last time a RB1 rewind appeared was in January with (Don't Fear) The Reaper.

Fun fact: The Reaper is probably the last thing people are fearing right about now.

Also, thanks for reminding me GH: Live licensed a new-to-rhythm-games BoC song

As Owl said: "Life is cynical". I mean cylical. I mean...you guys know.
  • @HMXOwl Beast and the Harlot was a rewind in April.
  • meh, I really don't like new Avenged Sevenfold... It would be awesome if we got something like "A Little Piece of Heaven" or "Strength of the World"

I am really glad I did not get the spotlight pass... so far there has only been one song I like in it

Anyways, the Who are great, and it is a good thing people without the export can get that song
  • @bonethug0108 I think the RBVR setlist has delved into that quite a bit. Of course quite a few of those are ones not in RB4 yet but I'm sure they'll come eventually.

Talking about more well known acts and harder rock. Like rock rock. Not indie or alt or metal but rock, ya know?
  • Rock. It's what we're all about.

(Sum 41 joke for those not in the know)
  • TheRainbowTroutsTheRainbowTrouts Opening Act
    edited September 12
    More Avenged Sevenfold. Just what this game needed.
  • Oh, yeah! Would've liked a new to the game The Who song as well; "The Real Me" would be awesome, but happy nonetheless. It's an A7x song I haven't heard yet, and I'm looking forward to trying it. Looks like drums get the bonus in Rivals this week! ;)
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    First spotlight song I wouldn't have bought on its own.

Not too big of a deal, A7X is popular enough that having their songs is worth it even when I don't care for them, hope next week is better though.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Eh. It's pretty near my normal buy threshold. It wouldn't have been a slam dunk day one purchase, but it seems like a passable song to add to the library... which is fine because I already bought it weeks ago. There are many many songs out there that they could have put in this pack that I'd have liked less.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act

Eh. It's pretty near my normal buy threshold. It wouldn't have been a slam dunk day one purchase, but it seems like a passable song to add to the library... which is fine because I already bought it weeks ago. There are many many songs out there that they could have put in this pack that I'd have liked less.

Ditto for me. I already have all their other stuff but wouldn't say I'm a super fan. If I had the skills to play expert and GS consistently I may feel differently about it but there are worse songs that could have been pack-included.
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    Won't Get Fooled Again is a great song I already own, but glad it's now available for people who don't own the RB1 export.

Meh on Avenged Sevenfold. Starting to be glad I didn't pick up the Spotlight Pass, as for me it's been 50/50 meh and cool.

If this is the drums week, I wonder if next week is going to bring us bass songs, Dropmix songs, or both.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    for the spotlight pass, next week will be very telling. So far, 2 definite buys (I would buy individually if I don't get the pack), 1 wishlist type of song, and 1 no interest (this week's).

• tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    already have one, don't want the other.

i would've preferred they released the family-friendly version of that A7X song, "Gosh Darn"
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    I got all excited when I saw The Who, and then saw it was a rewind. Still holding out hope for You Better You Bet, Can't Explain, Squeezebox, and Another Tricky Day.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    randrac said:

I got all excited when I saw The Who, and then saw it was a rewind. Still holding out hope for You Better You Bet, Can't Explain, Squeezebox, and Another Tricky Day.

I've love to get Love Reign O'er Me

• I suspect I will not be buying either of these songs. Because I've already got the one I would've from all the way back with RB1.

Far as the other...

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited September 12
    tdc002 said:

There's gotta be other metal bands out there besides Avenged Sevenfold...

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the next time someone says "But we got metal recently!" when someone asks for more metal, without considering that they mean "Metal that isn't Avenged Sevenfold/Megadeth/Slipknot!"

As for this week's songs, Won't Get Fooled Again is a must-have for those who never got the RB1 export, I feel, and the new Avenged Sevenfold song is not my thing. I love Avenged Sevenfold...'s earlier work. Nightmare was their last good album, in my opinion, and I'd love to see more from Nightmare and before. But their more recent stuff, musically, isn't really my thing. "The Stage" (the song) was fun on guitar, sure, but musically was kinda meh. From listening to God Damn, I kinda get the same vibe. The intro is pretty good, but the moment the vocals kick in, it just feels kinda lackluster compared to their earlier stuff. Sounds like it'll be fun to play, though.
  • God damn, it wasn't Blinded in Chains
  • My decision not to get the spotlight pass is now justified. I am glad I found this out sooner rather than later.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

My decision not to get the spotlight pass is now justified. I am glad I found this out sooner rather than later.

Seriously. I was considering getting it when the Garbage song came up first, but Ted Nugent, Vanilla Ice, and A7X all in a row is telling me I dodged a bullet.
  • I was partially thinking for some time while we knew the spotlight pass existed that the 7th or 8th spotlight pass song would be something like Live While We're Young (One Direction) as a light hearted joke but Stranglehold was such a bad move that joke releases are probably better saved for a future spotlight pass if they exist.